User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Air miles: Swipe your card at GTA+ Shell and get 4 cents off a litre till Sept 2!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Expired on: Mon, Sep 3rd, 2018
    https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists...5jYS9zYXZlR1RB

They say GTA but it goes beyond the city of Toronto. Here is a list of participating stations:

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists...ating-list.pdf

I don't know if this is in effect in other parts of Ontario and/or Canada so check your area.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shell, Air Miles
    Ciel, lilo0003 and dededi like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Amazing. Thanks for sharing. It covers my location and at the current price of gas every bit helps.
    Ciel and dededi like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

A couple of extra deals but YMMV so check first.

I received an email that said if I use my BMO Air miles Mastercard I get 3 cents a litre off. It CAN be used with other offers.

Then another email said if I fill up at 25L+ 5 times in July I'll get 100 bonus air miles.

As well, if you use your BMO Air miles Mastercard at Shell you get double the air miles. It's not a huge amount since you only get 1 air mile per 25L+ fill up but not bad with all of these deals combined!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I recall that Sobeys (ON) had a receipt offer to save on gas at Shell that will expire tomorrow. If anyone has that savings on a receipt, plan to put it to use.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I filled up 5 times @ 25 litres each and got my 100 bonus air miles 2 days later!
    maple7 and Thatdone like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    I filled up 5 times @ 25 litres each and got my 100 bonus air miles 2 days later!
    Are your offers still combining?

I have found that I'm no longer getting the BMO MC 3 cents off a litre with the GTA 4 cents off a litre offer. Problem started July 17, combined fine until then. Also, the attendant couldn't confirm whether Shell revoked combining but said that the Sobey's cents off coupons don't combine with the GTA 4 cents off promo either.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post

I have found that I'm no longer getting the BMO MC 3 cents off a litre with the GTA 4 cents off a litre offer. Problem started July 17, combined fine until then. Also, the attendant couldn't confirm whether Shell revoked combining but said that the Sobey's cents off coupons don't combine with the GTA 4 cents off promo either.
    Yup, but this is what I noticed. I filled up 6 times. The first time I only got 4 cents off even though I used both. The second-sixth times after I inserted my credit card, then air miles card, it asked me if I was using my BMO Air Miles Mastercard to get another 3 cents off so I pressed the yes button. As soon as I did that I got all 7 cents off. I only use one station in Scarborough on Kingston Road just west of Bellamy.
    walkonby and maple7 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup, but this is what I noticed. I filled up 6 times. The first time I only got 4 cents off even though I used both. The second-sixth times after I inserted my credit card, then air miles card, it asked me if I was using my BMO Air Miles Mastercard to get another 3 cents off so I pressed the yes button. As soon as I did that I got all 7 cents off. I only use one station in Scarborough on Kingston Road just west of Bellamy.
    Hmmm, well the first one I tried was in cottage country just after the July long weekend. No 4 cents off since not GTA and BMO offer didn't work (called airmiles, they said they had a glitch in the beginning and it wasn't working). Then up until July 16, probably filled 5 times at one station in west GTA getting the 7 cents off (got the BMO prompt at the pump). Now at the same station it's not combining (have tried twice and asked in-store if they could get it working), tried another GTA area (Oakville) and it only allowed the 4 cents as well.

I'll try another Shell, glad you found one that is working for you. BTW, you likely received another 10am for reaching 225 litres in a month? I know I've reached that for the first time the other day.

Thank you for the help.

ramo
    Trading Score
    2 (75%)

I went to Shell today. There was a BMO rep advertising the MasterCard and she was telling everyone that the offers combine and you would receive a total of 7 cents off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    walkonby, maple7 and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How come I found out about this now. I will definitely go to the shell close to my work and fill up until sept 2nd.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rameen View Post
    I went to Shell today. There was a BMO rep advertising the MasterCard and she was telling everyone that the offers combine and you would receive a total of 7 cents off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for posting, I'll keep trying.
    rameen likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It didn't work for me yesterday. I got 4 cents only and it didn't even ask me if I was using my BMO card.
    walkonby and maple7 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It didn't work for me yesterday. I got 4 cents only and it didn't even ask me if I was using my BMO card.
    Your usual gas station?
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Your usual gas station?
    Yup
    dededi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup
    I'm wondering if they have capped it, although it's not in the fineprint so that doesn't really make any sense. That's all I can think of.

I did a livechat with airmiles, they compensated 50 airmiles for the inconvenience and reported the gas stations that I said it didn't work at. Doubt it accomplished anything with the gas stations.
    dededi likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information