User Tag List

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1900Likes

Thread: July 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (2nd half of 2018 and summer!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I flew home from Brooks Falls yesterday-had a great time and saw lots of bears including one that crossed the trail in front of me-about 50 yards away. We each looked at the other and I stood still and gave he/she the right of way. Surprisingly I was not petrified-such a surreal moment. I had just been to mandatory bear school so I knew not to run. I had no rain for 2 days up there which was nice-hiked about 12 miles in 5 return trips to the falls to watch the bears-at times they also come into the camp so they push them out. Alaska is so beautiful and remote and I love going there to enjoy nature. Not frugal but really a trip of a lifetime for me-the fish are really arriving now and the bears are increasing each day. Link to pics below.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...FLSWxwaU12dE5B
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:41 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, Lizzie, what a great adventure!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lizzie not sure even with training I could be as calm as you but must have been amazing to see.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This month is necessity spending only as the heatwave will rack up my a/c bill. I'm phasing out water bottles, eating up what is in the freezer and reading all the magazines that have accumulated. Also starting to declutter - for each item that comes into my house, two things need to leave.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@lizzie bargain that must have been amazing. I once got sucked into watching one of those bear cams. It was my secret indulgence. @barbis9 since I live in the "town" next to you I am sharing this heat wave, but I am trying not to complain because snow sucks more, I think we have ran the AC more this week then last summer total. All the blinds are pulled and nothing gets cook inside doing whatever we can to minimize the cost and assign as the nights get cooler we turn off the AC because we all prefer fresh air.
    I have challenged myself to get rid of 200 items in July so in the heat of the day I am cleaning closest. My aunt is doing a big garage sale in August to support her mission work so this is the ideal time to get rid of stuff.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis9-yes frugal month for me at least I was able to save 200.00 into my savings the other day as we have to pay for our roof this week(will put it on the visa as I get points) the guys just finished today (at least this is the largest expense in awhile)and shingles are for 25 years ) we will be 84 then who knows if we will still be here -lol or it can be transferred to a family member if they choose to live here

daughter and family went home this morning at 11.30 was nice to see Sebastian -he is trying to put 3 words together now ~whered he go ~ he says instead of where did he go so cute ,we walked to a local splash pad around the corner but it was not running -it is new and maybe they had it off for some fix -gave daughter 6 cobs of corn to take home as they didn't get groceries

son called his party was a success with all their friend and 11 kids running around in the back yard -he wants to come for a visit even thou I saw the girls fri, part of sat -I really just wanted to relax but that's okay I asked him for supper -chicken breast on bbq and corn on cob and maybe a salad

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

With yesterday’s thunderstorms, so were unable to take our kids to the paddling pool. We ate leftover soft tacos and taco salad for lunch today. We’ll be heading to the large indoor pool early this afternoon. They’ll have a good nap when we return home.

I sold more dill to the same lady this morning, earned another $10.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Table and chairs are in the garage waiting for pick up. Hutch is cleaned out and many people are interested in coming to see it as well. Lots of junk was in the hutch so it wad nice to deal with that. New table and sideboard is set up in dining room and love it!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -wanted to start walking today very early before it gets hot ,but my one foot on the ball of it hurts -so will start another day
    -I am taking back a moana storey book I bought Sebastian as my daughter bought him one,yesterday I got a great deal at the bay free shipping and a ralph lauren polo shirt navy blue for Sebastian's birthday in sept 3.20 on clearance but after ebates I paid 2.97 cant beat that price

-relaxing today -only have to pop over to rexalls for hubby's pills at some point and indigo to return

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Just have to say WOW it feels funny to be in July. I am working on our monthly items for work this morning and sending an email for next month saying August just seemed really weird.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hope you are feeling better sassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Hi all. I have alot of goals for the month. First up.. I am off for 2 weeks for vacation. I need to decompress.
    we have a heat wave here. today actually is not to bad. I am a tad irratated. we have a guy coming to build our deck.. and he keeps delaying us. we have used him before... so I know he will come.. but it would have been nice to use the deck while I was on vacation........
    my kids have scattered so I am alone today. hubby is getting a oil change. fun times. dishes and laundry.

later in the heat part I may binge watch some white collar ( tv show) and sort coupons. I need to restock.. so I am looking for some trades.

tomorrow is a home day, hubby is getting the suv detailed ( gift from kids for fathers day) I am hoping for a garden day, weather permitting. I still dont have y backyard done. another area of frustration for me.

someof my goals this month...

front deck
    gardens- all
    sock basket
    sell puppet theatre.
    sort pantry.
    earn enough $ for my vacume via sb/ kr / earn. - cost is 179.99 plus taxes. I am at 119.84 so far. with another 50 pending. I got this .. but need to stay focused. and I need the taxes.
    set up a better system for coupons. - and get more.
    work the garden.

do something with my kids. Middle goes to collage end of next month.. and I am not emotionally ready at all for this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

July is taking names during this heat wave! Last Saturday night, the air in the house was not moving, we were sweating and most of us went to bed early. I decided my shoulder-length hair was going to go (almost did the cutting on Sunday morning; Monday I could not get the trimmer to work so I took out scissors and started taking off what I could)--I am living my very short hair moment (not quite as polished as Tilda Swindon's cut--think Sinead O'Connor about a month after she shaved her hair off and you get the idea of how short I am sporting my hair). Will have to get a hat made or just use sunscreen regularly to save my head/face from more cooked beef jerky tan experiences (yes, I do redden somewhat in the sun) from walking during the hot times of the day.

My father had purchased 2 x 2L of pop, a 6pk of orange Crush and a six pack glass bottle set of Coke on Thursday. All that pop is done as of this morning-I kept putting a new 2L bottle or 710ml bottles into the fridge as room allowed.

I started a grocery list for Mom as most staples and foods are gone and since sibling is off work, if he offers to go to the store for her or take her to a store, she has something to work with. I will have to wait for Thursday to get a couple of more personal care items and some food items, that parka jacket and seek sale pants.

Mom & I enjoyed watching the Season 6 DVD set of Gilmore Girls-some banter and situations were laugh out loud funny and we needed diversion from the heat and humidity. I will look for Season 5 DVD set to backtrack and see how a couple of referenced events (in Season 6) were portrayed in Season 5.

Had some excitement on my can walks Sunday morning-found a $5 bill and dime on one walk with a few empties as I had noticed that the tall grass by road shoulders got cut down Thursday or Friday. As I neared the beer store, I spotted lots of silvery coins on the asphalt (someone had tossed $4.65 and left it so I picked up the bounty-best one in that particular lot in a long time). Well $9+ richer, I went spending (the $5 never made to a bank machine)-$1 pop at McDonalds, clearance Lindt mint chip chocolate bar (Shoppers $1.07 before tax), $3 for Poker Lotto ticket and $3.49 for a package of Longo's hamburger buns (chilled sweet potato buns made for good snacking on Sunday). Found someone's bank card (5th one so far in 2018) on the ground and took it to a local branch this morning.

Yesterday when I checked my Poker Lotto ticket it was not a winner. I tore ticket up, forgetting until this morning about the weekly Poker Lotto online contest draw run by the OLG. I did retrieve the ticket and will enter it for the weekly contest.

There was a very short rainfall yesterday afternoon--several times I thought we were in for a short intense downpour whenever the sky got watery gray or intense mid-tone blue and grey colours. However, early evening was pleasantly cool and I cut my grass sections in comfort.

Today started off with cool winds-perfect for the loads of laundry drying outdoors--so the house will be comfortable today. I watched the morning weather forecasts for the rest of the week-we are going to be clobbered with a humidex on Thursday making it feel like 40C. You can bet I'll be doing my fastest walking in the morning to get my shopping done with my debit card that morning!

If you are driving on Wilson St. W. at the McClure Rd roundabout in Ancaster, be careful to avoid the curb part of the curb lane when you go WB-City vacuum truck got most of the 200+ roofing nails collected late last week, but there are still about 20 in the curb lane (spotted them on my walks over the weekend). Sibling noticed a flat on Dad's car yesterday and Dad had been in that area to return from Longo's on Thursday and I told sibling where those nails are. If I head out that way tonight, I'll see if I can corral the remaining nails (spiral and about 2-1/2" long). Someone lost those nails in early June at the roundabout.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Impressed that I was actually able to print off two Save.ca coupons at the library today. Incentive was to see if I could get the Quaker Chewy bars offer (save $1 wub 2 pkg) and the Muffin Mix coupon. I could use both offers this week and see if I win Incredibles movie tickets (no need to win a trip to Costa Rica...).

The Toronto Star now has a subscription wall that comes up when you try to read an article online. Yes, it's temporarily free to subscribe to access digital content, but the wall also states that a paid subscription will be required. Glad I have printed some articles of late for own recipe binder and clippings binder. It's going to be hard to share article links now.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well the dumpster is gone from my driveway -we were able to put a few items in as the roofers said feel free to put anything in except furniture saved about 25.00 bucks from going to the dump
    now just posted a few items for sale( for my daughter-in-law and my daughter and myself )-lets see if any inquires
    -too hot here to cut the lawn will wait a bit more til cooler

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information