User Tag List

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
Like Tree1900Likes

Thread: July 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (2nd half of 2018 and summer!)

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Yes, it’s a staple in our house too. It has baffled me when someone asked what to do with 1/2 an onion. Onions are on the long list of staples in our house.
    Omelette!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I ordered another $25 CT gift card from the bonus points on my credit card.
    $50 Sale, someone gave us the item to sell and keep the money for ourselves. She didn’t have the time to sell some of their stuff before she moved to another province.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Omelette!
    I routinely use onion, which is part of why I grow onions in my garden.

I’m somewhat allergic to eggs. Although I like eggs, they don’t like me.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I finally got ahold of a person at No Frills head office/customer service. He said that since No Frills is a franchise, there is not a coupon or price matching policy. Each franchisee gets to make their own coupon policy and choose which stores they will price match. I wanted to share this information. Now I’ll need to contact my local No Frills owner through Facebook messenger in order to get his coupon policy in writing.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Sweets parrow I decided just this summer life is too short to line dry socks. And my boys wears men's see 12 and 13 so no baby feet. We all have to do what works and this works for me. Despite DH not working laundry still falls to me. But only in getting it washed during the cheap time and then he hangs it up and brings it back in. Tonight's dinner was a sandwich with the 1st tomato of the season. So yummy. I bill be sharing the bounty as we will never eat them as fast as they ripen.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Sweetsparrow I decided just this summer life is too short to line dry socks. And my boys wears men's see 12 and 13 so no baby feet. We all have to do what works and this works for me. Despite DH not working laundry still falls to me. But only in getting it washed during the cheap time and then he hangs it up and brings it back in. Tonight's dinner was a sandwich with the 1st tomato of the season. So yummy. I bill be sharing the bounty as we will never eat them as fast as they ripen.
    I don’t line dry any clothes. I only hang certain items to dry in the house. We do not have time of use in SK, so we wash and dry whenever we get around to it. I grew up on an acreage and line dried clothes outside or in the basement around the wood stove. Always had to remember to shake the outside clothes to avoid brining spiders into the house.
    I have about 10 tomatoes ripening on the vine. We eat what we want, I turn some into tomato sauce for the freezer, and I sell some of them too. I look at the money from garden produce as a way of paying for the garden supplies: seeds, bonemeal, water, new rototiller this spring, need some of the wooden boarders replaced next year.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just talked to my son -he went to the doctor's today after work and found out he has shingles ,he had it before when in college -I asked him are you stressed -well I have 2 girls and I am going bald(nope he only has thinning at the back of his head ) and he worries about work sometimes

our doctor said you are more likely to get it once you have already had it -so he is on a weeks worth of pills ,the only worry was baby cara (8 months) so doctor told him wear a guaze on your forearm when around her -gee I hope the baby doesn't get chicken pox as he held her a lot on the weekend

again I really want to get the needle I know it costs around 300 and our health insurance doesnt cover it (I already asked )so maybe in the fall

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I had chicken pox twice when I was younger. I guess I am susceptible to it now as shingles. My health care worker just got shingles and was severely pissed off, because she could of gotten the vaccine like two months prior , but didn’t because it was expensive.

I didn’t know this but I hooked up a hose to my AC and I woke up an hour ago and the container was dangerously full. I need a orange bucket from Home Depot...I am going to ask my mom to stop there today on the way home from Coquitlam...35min drive from where I am but she picks me up so that’s more like an hour.

This coming weekend is the long weekend or BC’s Birthday. Even if they call it a civil holiday. What are you doing?

I was asked to make deep fried zucchini now I also have to find a deep fryer thermometer to make like 3-4 zucchini large ones into this maybe grab tazaiki sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    just talked to my son -he went to the doctor's today after work and found out he has shingles ,he had it before when in college -I asked him are you stressed -well I have 2 girls and I am going bald(nope he only has thinning at the back of his head ) and he worries about work sometimes

our doctor said you are more likely to get it once you have already had it -so he is on a weeks worth of pills ,the only worry was baby cara (8 months) so doctor told him wear a guaze on your forearm when around her -gee I hope the baby doesn't get chicken pox as he held her a lot on the weekend

again I really want to get the needle I know it costs around 300 and our health insurance doesnt cover it (I already asked )so maybe in the fall
    I too had shingles 2 years ago when my FIL was dying and we were caring for him at home. I am also not covered for the shot but it also does not guarantee that you will not get shingles again. The theory is that if you get them again, it won't be as bad.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner made and kitchen cleaned. Wrote out a list of things to get done. Will start it at 7 and power through for an hour.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is our twins’ 3rd birthday. I had them added to a local radio station Birthday announcement and DQ cake contest. Unfortunately the radio station didn’t pronounce either of their names correctly and they didn’t win the free DQ cake. I’ll try again for our son’s birthday. Their brownie cupcakes are cooling in the kitchen, we’ll ice some for each child. Twin boy is still not completely recovered. I’ve been fighting a sinus issue for nearly a week already. We have basic Birthday decorations waiting to be re-used and hung. The wrapping paper was free, picked up a box full of random gift wrap, gift bags, cards, and ribbons a couple years ago from a lady in town. Twin boy has the $5 educational tallking dinosaur toy wrapped in dinosaur wrapping paper. Twin girl has a $15 talking baby doll kit that she picked out. It is wrapped in doll birthday wrapping paper.

Today is the coolest day in our forecast at 23. I baked the birthday brownie cupcakes, then put a picnic ham in the oven
    Supper plan is roast ham, canned pineapple, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, boiled Swiss chard (for me), some pasta.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jul 31st, 2018 at 06:09 PM.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Thursday its suppose to rain here or at least that's what the forecast says....

I received another package from amazon....and might even receive another one tomorrow.

My mom wants to pick up my flats of water and believe this she doesn't want any money...
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

tweets-I heard that shingles gets easier the second time around ,but my 61 year old sister-in-law got it 3 times and has permanent nerve pain now and then ,so does my 73 year old brother who waited a week before he went -it so important to go soon to get on the meds I believe

happy 3rd birthday to your twins angela

-went to confederation beach for a walk with daughter-in-law and the 2 granddaughters today I treated us for cones which was a nice treat -daughter-in-law bought me a much loved mcdonalds vanilla chia drink -when I got in the car
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am just not ready to make that switch to August, but I am happy to have 2 weeks vacation in August
    I am going to track my no spend days to see how I do. I think I can use my McDonald's coffee cards for the ice coffee do if I can thy will help on the days I want a treat. We have 8 days in Quebec so those will be spendy days and the kids have a few back to school things. So I am aiming for 10 days of no spend.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread Information