User Tag List

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1900Likes

Thread: July 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (2nd half of 2018 and summer!)

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow I don’t want to go I have rescheduling it for months. They just want my money they don’t actually care about me or my teeth. They give me the same song and dance every time I go about brushing/flossing. I mean I take care of my teeth but really I cannot help that the psych meds I am taking is deteriorating my teeth. so much so that they fall apart they always have cavities and I need at least 7 crowns but I don’t have $1000 per to shell out. I only make 1133.42$ a month on my provincial disability I pay about 538$ a month for rent on a bachelor suite. So really what do they think I am made of money? I only get 500$ a year for dental, one free cleaning a year. It’s like highway robbery for those of us who cannot afford the extras like crowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Wowsers, 15 cent corn! Weekend special here is 45 cents.

Rainy day here and cool. Too bad for those out at the park for Canada Day festivities.
    I was thinking of you, I was in your lovely city from Friday to Sunday for a nephews wedding, and yes Sunday was rainy for Canada Day! I thoroughly enjoyed Saskatoon, what a lovely city from what I was able to see. The best part was the drive through Saskatchewan and it's beautiful scenery, everything was so green!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, I'm looking forward to today's expected rain! Hope all the bees get their clover pollen sooner rather than later! I would not want to be on city buses at all today unless it was after 7pm when it tends to cool off.

Quite hot after 8am. I trekked out to Longos at 8:45 am to buy some groceries/produce and cool off prior to Winners 9:30am opening to buy my hooded parka. Stopped in at Walmart for cucumbers, Coke raspberry and First for Women magazine (any gems will be shared on Saturday!). Shoppers still had the personal care item in stock (and on sale) so I concluded my HST shopping spree and had my bankbook updated.

Managed to get a small load of clothing laundered and on the line before my shopping trip-most of clothing was almost dry when I returned about 50minutes later. Washed and chopped one cucumber for the fridge and snacked on a Chewy bar before heading out for second time.

My tote bag is dry from last night's laundering so I'll being taking it apart in the afternoon and trying to figure how I'll make some kind of vent or mesh insert in the hat's crown to allow for air circulation, given that the striped fabric is polyester and feels like home decor weight fabric (has some body and heft to it). Really have to figure out a natural blend lining too to help with heat while wearing future hat.

When I did a walk last night (6 cans!) to check if the Winners store still had the jacket (found out store will do a one-day hold on apparel-yay!), it was still very hot on the way out. Noticed a construction site has moved a lot of earth next to or over the established gravel/sidewalk footpath, so it will be very dusty/muddy for the near future. Today's rain will cause another river of mud down to the city bus stop about 1/2 block away (as occurred last week). There are dump trucks being filled with the dirt, so some of the dirt is being moved on the ground when the trucks enter and leave.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@greentires4me -have you looked up the medication in a drug dictionary to see what is causing your enamel erosion (side effects) and seeing if there's a supplement or vitamin you can take to help counter that effect? I totally understand your dental cost dilemma as I have to pay out of my own funds if and when they exist to get dental work but I have not been able to afford dental care for over 4 years.
    @Angela273 -great shoe shopping deal! That's fun when you find two pairs that you want for B1G1 free deals!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @greentires4me -have you looked up the medication in a drug dictionary to see what is causing your enamel erosion (side effects) and seeing if there's a supplement or vitamin you can take to help counter that effect? I totally understand your dental cost dilemma as I have to pay out of my own funds if and when they exist to get dental work but I have not been able to afford dental care for over 4 years.
    @Angela273 -great shoe shopping deal! That's fun when you find two pairs that you want for B1G1 free deals!
    Well they cause dry mouth so there’s less saliva in my mouth so I spend all day long drinking water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@greentires4me -Biotene mouthwash is pricey but sometimes goes on sale at pharmacies or Loblaws banner stores. It is good for dry mouth issues. It used be on sale for $9.99 but tends to be on sale at $11.99. Usually retails for $13.99 or more (large bottle). You should ask your dental care team for a Biotene mouthwash sample (see if they have it). Product tastes vaguely like a coconut water/oil.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Was reading the flyers last night and noticed that Home Outfitters is doing a Seniors Day (55+) next Tuesday, July 10!

McDonald's Mobile App is now allowing use of Visa Debit and Mastercard Debit for orders via their app! Could be a boon for Scene Visa debit card users...
    Giseledta, Silk, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

greentiresforme -I have dry mouth-there is also sprays if you wish for that or ask your dentist if they can give you a sample of some dry mouth items (mine did)

went to the mall this morning hubby's battery went before a year and he needs a special one -so free for me saved some money

then I looked for a nice beige open thin sweater cant believe the prices in laura it was 69.00 on sale ,artizia had a nice one 64.00 I told them both to hold them(one girl told me oh you will be back )clearly she doesn't know I like deals or cheaper prices but I needed to look around got one in reitmans 29.00 and had an giftcard with 8. left on it mind you they only had grey left but I still bought it as I need a solid coloured one

then eddie bauer had 50 and 60% off the whole store except a few items -I got a lovely t-shirt for 19.reg 50.00 I do like to buy the odd on sale clothing and not always thrift shop

then home to hang out another load -had to toss a pair of hubby's shorts as they ripped half down the crotch maybe they were like 10 years old -lol

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yipee just sold our old cement umbrella base (had it many years paid 28.00 for it years ago)plus thru in son's faded brown umbrella from 8 years ago I had it down the basement sold it cheap 10.00 for both ,so made 20.00 this past week for my puzzles and this -every little bit helps right

thundering out I guess that storm is coming our way
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jul 5th, 2018 at 09:57 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

The rain came through and cooled things a bit, but still super humid. I don't even want to thing about the cost of the AC. We have had it on more this year than all of 2017 total. I am hoping this next storm moving in cools it down more and we can turn off the AC tonight. I prefer fresh air and open windows.
    I am off work Friday so plan to hit the grocery store early and then have a quiet day. Two loads of laundry are ready for the line.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

supper was pasta tonight
    just watched "I tonya" with hubby got it from the library ,yes I went this afternoon and got 3 books to read I had on hold ,may finish 2 of them -love reading again

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I enrolled our son in a free summer program at the family Centre next week. It is 2hrs each morning, Mon-Th. He is excited about it. I returner the cartoon DVDs to the public library.

I bravely took all of our children wto zeal-Mart, including the toy section because we are trying to figure out their birthday presents. Twin girl picked out a baby doll set for $15. I returned 2 boxes of girl pull-ups for a credit of $68 onto my credit card. $2.44 Activia unsweetened yogurt - $1 coup - $1 CO51 = $0.44 for yogurt for smoothies and smoothie popsicles.

I have a SaskAlerts app on my phone. It sent a message today regarding a 40+ heat advisory. Today was pretty hot, but the rest of the forecast is even hotter. We are enjoying our central air.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Jul 5th, 2018 at 10:44 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

so nice and cooler this morning -just made blueberry muffins and I am gonna cut the lawn in a bit and then relax
    walked again this morning 15 minutes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Hubby and I went out to breakfast this am . so nice. then i worked outside for 3 hours . the heat finally broke after all the rain yesterday. and the soil is so workable .. itwas really nice to work out there.

the vacume came in .. Amazon free shipping for the win. I am insanly excited to try teh vacume out . I feel all adult buying a shark ,, huge sale. .

ok. off to do a bit of housework.. then going to Sunfest for a couple of hours
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day!

Well, the heat has come back here. Now at noon it is 28, going up to 34, humidex of 41. Yuck!

We have been pretty frugal with our shopping, if not for simple meals at home, then we are careful with our takeout so it lasts for two meals.

Have to pick up some pantry items, laundry stuff, and produce.
    Just sent husband to a satellite location of the farmers market, hard to do since I am not there to compare items, prices, amounts...
    I did tell him to get baby potatoes, whatever the price!

Hope you all have a great day!

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information