User Tag List

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1900Likes

Thread: July 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (2nd half of 2018 and summer!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Happy anniversary @Giseledta ! Lovely day to enjoy outside if you can with treats and fun. 18th anniversary gift is porcelain-anything you'd like in porcelain?
    well .. we gave the middle child some money for porcelain clay...maybe they will make something for me.....lol
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Happy july. I bought a queensize mattress n box spring set for $100 for our oldest 2 weeks ago... now trying to sell the twin size bed and headboard shelves.

Also picked up a dresser and chest set with mirror and headboard $300 for bf and i... my chest was so close to toast when we took the drawers out it just collapsed. It was needed. Bfs old dresser will be going to one of the boys and the antique dresser will go in the spare room.

Trying to be frugal. But also feeling the relief already of only one set of bills. No more second house! Officially on june 19.

MIL was up last week. We did dome some shopping and i got lego sets for my nephew's birthday... my granddads birthday gift and finished my sister's gift. MIL brought a bunch of veggies n stuff for us. She tells us shes cleaning her fridge before she travels trying to be sneaky but forgets the receipt in the grocery bag. We accept and appreciate the thought shes caring for us.

She also brought me a large box of wool and other knitting supplies from a gentleman in her building that used to knit. So excited about it. Now i need a wool buying diet so my shelves fit what i have.

Bf fixed my shower today... made ut so the shower head is right over the clawfoot tub.

I bought a betty crocker blender that has the travel size cups. Which im hiping to go back to my smoothies and help my blood sugar because i stipped those around the time it went crazy.

Hope every one is well

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:46 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Found my old glass blender and have been making smoothies with it. Trying to find a decent protein powder that is low in calories and in price too - any suggestions? Another heat wave is coming. Didn't buy anything (not even food) this weekend, hope the appliance person has some good news about my fridge this week, its intermittent and I recorded the loud noise on my phone.

Congrats @Giseledta on your anniversary.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Trying to find a decent protein powder that is low in calories and in price too - any suggestions?
    Powdered milk?
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I still have 1 week on vacation I am hoping to get a few things done this week. today and tomorrow I am on housework duty
    I am also going to add middle childs PCPlus card to my household. I am insanely pleased that I can do that. I have 500.00 in points I have been adding to my offers so that I could do a big shop as they enter into collage. also .. get towels ect. . Now I can use some of that for back to school shopping. and they can use the rest for their reg shopping. also I can add thier points for them. also .. I suspect I will be better at getting points.. and they will be better at spending them ...lol.

on track today also is .. coupon sorting.. hmm. I am rather looking forward to this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I splurged and bought brookside chocolates 4 bags only as I don't need more plus don't want to lay out more money -I know it comes back to us but still I am happy with 26,345 points added after spending 28 something -as the rest of the roof is on our visa and hubby is getting car put in shop Thursday -that may be 400.00(some muffler and everything attached to it )

gonna share a bag with son and his family he invited us on Tuesday to come and spend the night at a cabin in Niagara falls he rented with his wife and the girls -they have a heated pool and it will cost us 9.00 a person so 18.00 to spend the night -cant wait til Tuesday

sold a dress and 2 pair of earring to style encore for my daughter she got 8.90

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Unpacked the car and put everything away from our weekend hotel stay. Will put a load of laundry on tonight to keep up on it. (did all the laundry Friday before we left)
    Simple food yesterday. Lunch- Eggs with Spinach. Dinner- I had rice with chicken breast (cooked and in freezer) Others made a late dinner of oven fries and parm chicken (from a box- SDM redemption)
    I have a roast beef in the freezer so will take that out and defrost it tonight. Tomorrow night will be a good night for roast beef, gravy, mashed potatoes and green beans! Yum!! Freezer is starting to show space!
    I went grocery shopping Friday morning and bought tons of fruit (10lbs in apples- received PC pts!) so we really don't need anything the rest of the week. Will work on using up what we have and push off shopping till next Tuesday. PC pts are at $533. Saving them for a big shop in the fall.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Found my old glass blender and have been making smoothies with it. Trying to find a decent protein powder that is low in calories and in price too - any suggestions? Another heat wave is coming. Didn't buy anything (not even food) this weekend, hope the appliance person has some good news about my fridge this week, its intermittent and I recorded the loud noise on my phone.

Congrats @Giseledta on your anniversary.
    I disliked Manitoba Harvest's Hemp protein powder in last summer's smoothies so I went back to their shelled hemp seeds when Fortino's or Sobey's had them on sale for $5.99 (orange and white bags, the non-organic ones; organic ones tend to run about $10 on sale). You might want to give them a try? I too have an old glass blender (Oster, circa early 1990s) that I used to make the occasional smoothie or pureed soup or celery juice (more of a crunchy liquid...).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    well .. we gave the middle child some money for porcelain clay...maybe they will make something for me.....lol
    Great timing-hope you see the clay item soon!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Dinner last night was two-fold: an Italian Pesto burger (bun is so delicious and so were toppings-wish burger was bigger) at McDonald's and Pepsi from Shoppers (6pk; only other flavour available was Diet Pepsi). At home,I made a big pot of Lipton's Chicken Noodle soup for more food whilst prepping and chopping red leaf lettuce and carrots for later use this week.

This morning-tasks! Lawn cutting, laundry, some branch trimming, shower and bringing in the dry items (shoes dried fairly quickly). Feel like I need to run away to enjoy roses somewhere or enjoy a change of scenery for a half day to make the day seem special. Ms. Sunshine is really on form with heat and light today! Finally put the California poppy flower seeds into a container and gave them some water (we could use some cheery flowers later this month).
    @Giseledta -glad you mention that you are towel shopping-July is bed and bath linen sale time! Home Outfitters also has a Senior's Day (55+) tomorrow with some towel lines on special (there's one line I want to bring home!) in the current flyer. I know Linen Chest also has some lines on sale as does Simons. Hudson's Bay has different one-day flash sales -keep checking each day in case a linen deal comes along.

Value Village will have a 30% off clothing/shoes/accessories sale day this Wednesday, July 11.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you still have the Rubbermaid coupons with July 31 (not 17th as first posted) expiry dates (from Walmart's Live Better summer issue), see if you need a new pitcher or TakeAlongs set soon! I have one of each coupon-probably best to coupon fairy them as the magazine seems out of stock now at my store.

Also check any personal Save.ca coupons that you may have had mailed-there could be a mid-July expiry date on some of them. I have one offer I'm not sure I'll use before July 15.
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Jul 10th, 2018 at 12:01 PM. Reason: corrected coupon expiry dates

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I placed an order on Amazon for $94, using only gift cards that I earned through Swagbucks. I ordered a small wet/dry vac, sheet clips to stop sheets from coming off a bed, and new sheets for our son’s bed.

We spent this morning at a family Centre. Our son has a free program there for 2hrs each morning this week, until Thursday. I stayed there and let our twins play. I’ll do other things with our twins other mornings this week.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh and I installed our new living room blackout blind last night, when the kids were asleep for the night.

Dominos has a promotion for 50% off any pizza. We ordered a large pizza for 50% off and a free medium sized pizza with my points. $12.75 for pizza for the entire family.

I debated posting this. I bought a second hand princess toddler bed with mattress for twin girl for $40. It was delivered a couple hours ago, since they don’t live here. I’ve arranged for a blue toddler bed and mattress from another person for $25. They also don’t live in town, so the seller is arranging to have it delivered to me. Both toddler beds are the same style. We would have already had them out of cribs, but I had young Daycare children who napped in their cribs during the day. I’ve taken pictures and posted a convirtable 4-in-1 crib for sale.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

off to go on our ne day mini vaca -staying at son`s cabin ,leaving early so we can get there at 9.00-9.30 they have a heated pool(great for my arthritis) hubby`s back is getting better as time goes on and it only cost us 18.00 to stay the night ,we are having chicken breasts ,baked potatoes for supper,son asked us to watch cara while they take Ashlyn to mini golf -no problem -I love being around my adult kids and grandkids ,it gets more important to me as we age

so wont be on here til Wednesday -bye for now

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Thank you for the supportive words.

Not so frugal but in line with trying to get my personal time back and come out of my shell a little bit a co worker called me last night and asked "What are you having for dinner?" I had to laugh as this is always the million dollar question in our hours? She then said "I am about 10 minutes away, I cannot go home (they are selling their house and there were showings) how about I pick you up and we go out to dinner." Normally I would say no but went hey why not so we went out had a nice dinner at Swiss Chalet.

When I got home I did some prep, cut up a head of Romane Lettuce we had in our fridge. Also prepped some food for my work food. I eat multiple meals at work or I should eat multiple meals at work but lately my food situation has not been the best as I have not been prepping which lead to things like yesterday when all I had was 2 old croissants and some cut up strawberry and that was all I had all day. Usually at work I eat Breakfast, Lunch and 2 snacks. So I just did some little things like putting Almond Milk in containers for cereal.

Tonight after work we will go grocery shopping which is good timing as we are running out of fruit in the house. Also thinking maybe we should go to Costco, I know we went last week so we really do not need to go this week but will probably need to go next week but I am out of town for work. Will see how the day goes and decide what our plan is.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information