User Tag List

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree1900Likes

Thread: July 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (2nd half of 2018 and summer!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m working on some meal planning. Our son has swimming lessons right before supper for the next two weeks. DJ knew that he wouldn’t be home in Time yesterday, so I had to take all of our kids to the indoor pool with me. Twin boy tried several times to take off his clothes and join big brother in the pool. Twin boy ultimately played on my old IPhone, which I charged just in case. Twin girl was happy with a notebook and wax crayons.

Last night we had hot roast beef sandwiches (perfectly timed in the oven for when we returned home) and leftover sliced strawberries.
    Tuesday supper: Fresh broccoli, sliced cucumber, leftover roast beef, and noodles
    Wednesday supper: sweet and sour meatballs with rice and steamed broccoli
    Thursday supper: fried rice (onion from the garden, mixed veggies, roast ham from the freezer, eggs), maybe a veggie stir fry with chicken or turkey meat
    Friday supper: leftovers
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tacos are ready for whenever everyone returns home. Will clean kitchen and fold towels and put them away. Grabbed 12 bags of fries on the way home.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I’m so sick it started Saturday and been in bed for 2 days. It’s hot hot outside we’re having a heatwave I don’t enjoy it. Every time I open my door it’s like I am opening an oven to the hallway of my apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Crazy but 22 degrees feels cool, I am happy to have the AC off though.
    I managed to find a few things for the younger son on clearance at AE as he had had a growth spurt and his tshirts are like belly tops.
    Now I have a stack of stuff for platos closet.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

greentires forme -hope you feel better

lilo-yes how nice is 22 and the air off, slept like a baby last night even thou I am up at 6.30

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes so nice to have the windows opened for a change! The birds didn't even wake me up this morning.

Left the kitchen spotless. DS is there with 3 friends. I reminded them to clean up after they eat.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I don't know why the gas station near me likes to create what I call a situation". I went out to buy gas and it was priced 10 cents less than the gas station across the road. Last time, a fight nearly broke out, my car was within millimeters of being hit, and once you were in the queue, there was no escape. This time, I left home within 12 minutes and there were people doing all sorts of crazy U-turns to get in. Luckily, I was next in line and got out but I kept hoping it wouldn't get too bad in the next few moments. Cheap gas really brings out the impatience in people!

Traffic to my across town dental appointment was horrible. It was like Toronto rush hour traffic, but in the middle of the day! However, I do appreciate having a good dentist to do this type of work. I'm not looking forward to his retirement! In a few weeks, I'll be celebrating the final appointment and perhaps a nice lunch afterwards. Still no sign of a deposit from the government, but I'm already looking forward to the 2018 review letter.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

man what a job-started to seal the asphault driveway with hubby -I brushed close to the cement border (which I taped last night) and hubby rollered it on -2 pails and it still didn't finish the driveway -such a long driveway we have -ugggg we started at 9.00 a.m just finished at 1.30-i tell you this job should be done by someone else such a back breaking job -oh well we were frugal only cost us 75.00 plus 2 rollers 16.00=91.00(our kids gave hubby a 50.00 and 40.00 home depot giftcard for fathers day -so practical

so we are takijg a break hubby will go get another pail soon
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Here is a link to order Bogo maple leaf wieners, good at RCS. I have $1.51 bacon coupon to trade and will also have this Bogo coupon for trade. We do not have RCS where we live.

https://www.save.ca/rcssnationalhotdogday/coupons/2
    Tweets77, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Thanks for the link @Angela273 I was able to get the coupon even at this late hour. DS2 loved the clearance t and has asked me to look for another so I will check the local store. My Checkout 51 cheque arrived today.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well my back of my legs ache (muscle)ohhh man I talked to my son last night -and he said mom I would have helped you guys reseal your driveway -but we didn't want to ask as he works days and they are always busy on weekends a lot of the time -my dear son/wife has a ton of friends with small kids

off to see opthamologist this morning to check my eyes -my older brothers wife asked me to take her to her doctors appt this afternoon so may do that also

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! We are almost at the weekend Did absolutely nothing last night but relax. (well cleaned the kitchen- I never leave a messy kitchen!)

Tonight- Get rolling on laundry. Clean out the fridge. Clean bathrooms. Vacuum the floors/stairs. Give the car a quick wipe down inside.

Youngest DS has a head cold. He used so much Kleenex yesterday and told me we had none when I got home. Nope- We had a 6pk on the stock up shelf So I sent him with 3 boxes to put out where he will be lol.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I didn't have a dinner plan but just figured one out. As soon as I get home I will pull chicken from the freezer (marinating in a freezer bag) and quickly defrost in sink of water) Will make rice and ceaser salad with homemade "healthy" dressing. (both kids love ceaser salad) I have half a package of bacon to cook up for the salad and will pick up .88 cent romaine. A dinner plan!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The part for my fridge finally came in and was installed this morning. Cleaned out the freezer and found some interesting expired food. Love the near empty freezer! Yesterday I took advantage of the $1.88 blueberries and raspberries at food basics, just wish my store's produce was fresher. No spending any money today other than my fridge repair. Looks like Ontario strawberries are done?? 😿
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Thanks @Angela273 ! I was able to order a coupon for the hotdogs!!
    Angela273, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information