User Tag List

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1900Likes

Thread: July 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (2nd half of 2018 and summer!)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yesterday took sebastian over to my son's as my daughter worked 3 hours on her laptop at my house ,he played so well with Ashlyn and they are 3 years apart then my dear son ordered Chinese -yummm was very nice we stayed til 7.30 we even bathed them together

today just chilling and relaxing
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama big breakfast here too, as soon as I ask anyone want pancakes they all show up. Even the oldest got up.
    I scored some great deals today, even after circling the Costco parking lot to find a spot. What a nut house but I refuse to pay 2.00 more for milk. They had the back to school stuff so I picked up the pencils the kids prefer, I too hate the cheap ones so it's a splurge I am willing to do. Then I earned close 25000 points between our 2 PCO cards and at SDM and RCSS. I got eggs for 88 cents and kool aid water enhancer for 50 cents and a PCO offer as well. They had the managers sticker on them. I never get so lucky. Made my day.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Got all my work for the weekend done which is nice.

Got a call from a co worker asking if I could make time for lunch today as they needed to talk to me which was weird as they knew I had to work but I knew I would finish early. Turns out they handed in their resignation yesterday. We have now lost 6 employees in 2 months. They say everything happens in 3, well we have done 3 twice over so hopefully we are done now.

I am struggling at work with so many people leaving I am being pulled in many directions which is making it hard not to work on nights and weekend to keep up but aside from what I had to do this weekend I have been sticking to only working when at the office. With that being said I talked to my new boss who has agreed to me a day off to make up for some of my weekend and night work. I took the Friday before the long weekend and hoping I can just relax and who knows maybe those 4 days will feel like a week or two considering everything else going on.

One of the people who left is a girl from order desk so I am back on order desk which I get but doesn`t make me happy. I think it is mostly it is more physiologically because of how hard I worked to get off order desk and now being back. It does not help that I feel like I am stuck in no man`s land in regards to my job lately. A number of things I used to over see have been given to others to free me up to work our new controller but he is better with systems then our old and wants to work through these things on his own which has left me feeling like all I do now is fill in for people. Think I am going to have to sit down and talk to Dad as I feel now others in the company are advancing and being given opportunities but I am the exact opposite.

Not much else going on, Laundry is almost done just needs to be folded. Mom is currently washing the dishes and dinner should be ready in about half an hour. We are having Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Cauliflower. No Instant Pot this weekend but that is okay it is nice to be able to use our oven again so I will take it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I ordered Stasher silicone bags (reusable), was going to order from the USA but Indigo has them online with the code 15July for 15% off (today is last day), I had a balance on my gift card from Christmas that I finally used up. Trying really hard to cut down on plastic use overall.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold a container of yellow string beans for $4 yesterday. Someone wanted zucchini, but was a no show. I had 2 drop-in Daycare kids scheduled for today, but they cancelled last minute.

We took our kids swimming yesterday afternoon. Cream of mushroom soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I was asleep in bed by 8pm. Dh took care of our kids and got them to bed. He came to bed late, which woke me up and it took a long time for me to get back to sleep.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday!! Leftovers for dinner.
    Will take out a crockpot bag of chicken tonight to thaw and toss in crockpot in the morning. Leftover chicken will be chopped up and used for chicken fried rice for DS since he loves it.
    Will clean out another kitchen drawer tonight while cleaning up kitchen. Seems to be working well for me! Really getting rid of crap!
    I have started to grab Powerade sport bottles for $1 each to tuck away for hockey. I am so prepared for this upcoming hockey season!
    Need to start cleaning/sorting the stuff for sale in the garage. One night this week I will get started. Even if I make my self go out for 30 mins a night to get it started I will feel better. I need an empty Rubbermaid bin for Christmas gifts (#2!) so that will be my motivation tonight to get one at least!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:16 PM.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We put dh’s truck in the shop due to a transmission problem. They already called this morning and it’s going to cost a few thousand more than I had anticipated. Take 3 big steps backwards. *sigh*
    barbis9, Ciel and lizzie bargain like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi everyone woke up this morning at 5.30 and turned on the news -I was crying about the shooting in toronto -my dear daughter /hubby and Sebastian live a half hour walk away from the Danforth -my goodness she talked to me this morning and said mom this is so depressing last month in june the van attack and now a month later -she was running later for work so she didn't have the news on ,she heard it in the car

so in trying to be upbeat and not think about all the tragedy -my daughter-in-law called they were out of coffee and asked if I wanted Ashlyn to sleep over today ,so just finished playing barbies with her ,papa took her out for a walk -I may take her to the close playground by me then we will have supper at wendys or mcdonalds -hummm big choice as she only liked chicken nuggets

oh and insurance for the house goes down 14.00 a year because we put a new roof on the house -a small amount but I will take any reduction on my bill

gotta go have a 4 year old keeping me busy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh angela we just had a new muffler put on our car and other parts that it entails so its on the visa along with our roof ,half the patio door and now our house insurance is due aug 5 -that's life it all comes at once
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    oh angela we just had a new muffler put on our car and other parts that it entails so its on the visa along with our roof ,half the patio door and now our house insurance is due aug 5 -that's life it all comes at once
    Dh has some money in his vehicle repair account, but not nearly that much. I will try to use my points rewards credit card and use the saving account to pay off the bill in full. This is not what I had the money saved for. But that’s how it goes sometimes. Makes me look for ways to increase my savings, winnings, earnings, sales, etc...especially since I have zero Daycare families right now. I lost 3 Daycare families in the last month. One family moved away, two families are unemployed. The economy is bad is SK, particularly in our area. So many houses for sale and most of them are for sale by the bank.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

so much fun to see a child run thru a water sprinkler park in her clothing -we took Ashlyn for a ride to the beach to find flat rocks we can paint then we let her run thru in her clothing -afterwards she thanked me for letting her get wet in her clothing -lol

off to mcdonalds with Ashlyn

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hello! No rain action yet in Hamilton & area but the wind made grasscutting easier this morning! My runners are tossed-I walked off too much of the soles.

I am working on purging some textile items here and there. Kitchen towels are the easy items to start with-some have black spots that won't be bleached out.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kichen is clean and the dishwasher is running. Laundry is on the go. A basket folded and ready to put away in a few mins. Took a bag of chicken out of feeezer to dump in crockpot in the morning. Will have with fresh brocoli and something else once i figure it out.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I picked up some groceries at No Frills tonight. They finally had Driscoll’s brand berries in stock, but we didn’t need fruit yet. I plan on going back to the store on Wednesday evening with a bunch of $1 coupons with me. The regular produce guy said they have 7 flats of the strawberries in the back, so my plan should work. $1.47 - $1 coup
    4x $2.97 Johnsonville sausages - $2 coup = $0.97 each

When I returned home from the store I saw a 4 shelf high wooden and metal storage unit with a big free sign on it. Dh and I walked to pick it up. They sold their house and only live 2 houses away from us. The shelf is in the garage and Dh is alreadying making use of it.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jul 24th, 2018 at 01:17 AM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -way to go on the free storage unit -a few years back my neighbour gave me a 4 shelf wooden stand (an older one ) so on it goes our used paint on the bottom and laundry detergent and fabric softner ,dryer sheets on the top 3 shelves

so tiring always playing with a 4 year old(for us) she is now playing playdoh with her papa after waking up at 6.50-i am going to mention to my son you don't always have to spend money on kids we took her to 2 splashpads yesterday -free-only mcdonalds cost us 20.79 for the 3 of us but that was a treat

doing laundry early so Ashlyn has no dirty clothing to take home along with my small load
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information