User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: OVER ~BOURJOIS Makeup Deal @ SDM Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    Help with one of my wifes transactions.

I did not notice untill now that on her transaction of 40 of them, she only recieved the points on 36 of them. I am unable to determine which of the 36 items did not get the points as there is no upc code and only a short descrition of the product on the reciepe.
    My first thougth was to put in a points inquiry but i am affraid that somehow they can put the 360000 points awarded on the transaction.

Has anyone had any experience if they can actually do that or just refuse to give me the missing points

Any help would be appreciated
    The PCO terms include some boilerplate about not being required to give points due to errors and misprints. I doubt they would do so, but at least in theory, they could interpret this in a way that can be used to take away the 360k you received.

So, it appears you have two basic options. One is to forget about the other 40k and be content that you came out well ahead on the deal anyway. This may not be completely risk-free though as I'll outline below. The other is to submit an inquiry and to accept the probably tiny but also probably non-zero chance that your inquiry will lead to the 360k being removed from your account.

Also theoretically possible but seemingly even less likely due to the negative word of mouth that would surely follow, the points could be removed even if you don't put in an inquiry. This could happen if PCO decides to take the points away from every transaction that did the deal.

Whether you submit an inquiry or not, you may want to think about setting the products aside so that if any of the unexpected scenarios occur where PCO does try to take away points, you'll be able to return everything you decide not to keep.
    couponmummy, dededi and Thatdone like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I did the Brookside for the points, not for the chocolates. If there were money making bonus points attached to hair growth products, I would buy a ton of that too.
    Great deals everyone!! I’m going to go today to see if this works! Maybe I missed something can you explain the chocolate deal, I didn’t see the post! Thanks!
    MillieH and dededi like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

The first 2 transactions at one store, I was missing points. I let it go because I broke even.

It was the second store that we figured it out. My DD took 5 products to the cash and had her ring it up. Do not scan your card. Total the purchase as if you are going to buy. There will be a message box on the lower right hand corner. It will show how many points you earned. Cancel the transaction and go get 39. From then on, total everything before scanning, and all was good.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Tue, Jul 24th, 2018 at 10:37 AM.
    rayray, MillieH and dededi like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Great deals everyone!! I’m going to go today to see if this works! Maybe I missed something can you explain the chocolate deal, I didn’t see the post! Thanks!
    The Brookside was a couple of weeks ago. It was a targeted offer. You can only do it once. Some people waited too late to use the offer and it was removed because it was an error.
    MillieH and dededi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

The first 2 transactions at one store, I was missing points. I let it go because I broke even.

It was the second store that we figured it out. My DD took 5 products to the cash and had her ring it up. Do not scan your card. Total the purchase as if you are going to buy. There will be a message box on the lower right hand corner. It will show how many points you earned. Cancel the transaction and go get 39. From then on, total everything before scanning, and all was good.
    Thank you for sharing this tip , should there ever be another fabulous deal like this again i will remember to do this

similarly it happened for the second transaction i did - only 17 of the 20 rang through with the bonus pts. which was odd as they were 10 each of the foundations & powders.....so i assume some shades/upcs were not included -- but based on the receipt i couldn't tell which ones were the problem, so i let it go
    couponmummy, MillieH and dededi like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

The first store had lots. That's why we were able to do this twice. After we did it once, the girl goes and looks for more and said, hey, we have more if you want to buy more. Sure, yes please, LOL. It was also in the beauty boutique. There were no stickers. So we were buying blind. Some items work and some did not. Apparently, they don't put stickers inside the beauty boutique because it lowers the appearance of that section. They don't want to look like a discount store.
    MillieH likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for the help

I just hate leaving money on the table but I am sure not going to chance that many points on 40 dollars worth of points.

Weird thing is, is that she took a printed sheet of the sdm website showing which products were included in the 10,000 points. Then what she did was took one item from each of the product lines (not each colour) and scanned them at their in house scanner to make sure they were actually at the 9.00 mark each (there were not signs on the items at all)
    MillieH likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Take a look at the products she purchased. Look for 4 items that are different than all the rest. Someone did a shop yesterday and someone pointed out she only got points on 13. She had 8 items that were different than the rest.. 3 of one and 5 of another. It's possible she picked up some items that didn't have the points offer on them.

I don't think they can take the points back when it was advertised in the paper and showed up/was marked in the store, as well as ringing through in the store. If you can determine which items they were, you could return them or just let it go.

Some of the $9 items didn't have a points offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    Help with one of my wifes transactions.

I did not notice untill now that on her transaction of 40 of them, she only recieved the points on 36 of them. I am unable to determine which of the 36 items did not get the points as there is no upc code and only a short descrition of the product on the reciepe.
    My first thougth was to put in a points inquiry but i am affraid that somehow they can put the 360000 points awarded on the transaction.

Has anyone had any experience if they can actually do that or just refuse to give me the missing points

Any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by MillieH; Tue, Jul 24th, 2018 at 01:05 PM.
    couponmummy likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Look for items with pale pink cases, I don't think these were covered
    couponmummy likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    Take a look at the products she purchased. Look for 4 items that are different than all the rest. Someone did a shop yesterday and someone pointed out she only got points on 13. She had 8 items that were different than the rest.. 3 of one and 5 of another. It's possible she picked up some items that didn't have the points offer on them.

I don't think they can take the points back when it was advertised in the paper and showed up/was marked in the store, as well as ringing through in the store. If you can determine which items they were, you could return them or just let it go.

Some of the $9 items didn't have a points offer.
    Thanks for the suggestion but we decided that we are still up about 60.00 and the kids are going to love all of the make up.

Thanks a lot for posting about the deal, especially the part about being about to spend and redeem on this deal at the same time.

I think your post had a lot of people going to sdm's looking for the makeup
    couponmummy and MillieH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thank you everyone, especially MillieH!! I would never have known about this fabulous deal with the Bourjois makeup!! I went to my SDM to get the Revlon deal, and as soon as I walked in I saw the Bourjois makeup display, I thought someone mentioned that this line was only sold at the beauty boutique so I wasn’t expecting it!! I bought 18 of them, they all rang up as $35.00, $30.00, $25.00 & $20, the girl said I know they were all $9.00 ( some did have a $9.00 sign but still came up as $35.00 etc)!! So she changed them all!! My total was $162.00 + $21.06 tax = $183.06 and I received 182,430 in points! So everything cost me .63 cents!! This is insanity! I have 20x the points when I spend $40 for tomorrow so I was going to wait, but she said there might be nothing when you come back tomorrow, I was already getting it for free so I didn’t want to be too greedy!! That’s why I love this site and you guys, just when I think I ‘m getting a good deal someone else come see up with something better!! Keep sharing I’m always learning!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Savvy, if you were greedy, you would've gotten a SCOP on a few. Great job!

And thanks to MillieH, we are all a lot richer and prettier, lol.
    MillieH likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Ha ha , I'm really happy I wasn't drinking my coffee or I'd have decorated my monitor

couponmummy, Kwala and fegonia like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Funny you should mention that because I did ask, but I made more money getting the 10,000 pts since the product was only $9.00 hahaha!!
    Kwala likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Does any one knows of a SDM in Mississauga that carries this product? I have not been able to get into any of the recent deals but after reading this I went to three different Shoppers and only one of them carried the brand and they were regular priced. I asked the lady behind the cosmetics counter and she said they had the deal for couple of hours on the weekend but since then they are regular priced. I guess that is why they still had the stock. I would love to buy couple of primers and/or BB creams if I can find them. Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information