User Tag List

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1063Likes

Thread: August 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (summer fun and finds)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We have a few farmers markets each weekend. I usually am busy when they are happening and think about it when they are over lol

I bought 1 tomato today for .40 cents and went home and made a BLT for lunch. Yum!

I will make the rest of the bacon tonight and fry up some eggs so the kids can make quick egg mcmuffins in the morning.

The fridge needs a good clean out so will do so tonight while cleaning up the kitchen. Then I can plan the meals for the next few days using up what needs to be used up. The big bag of buns needs to be used up so thinking I will stop at Foodland on my way home and grab a peameal roast for $1.97 LB and cook that up tonight for the boys. They can have peameal on a bun for snacks )
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We are on vacation this week in Quebec, DH has an ironman on Sunday and we are staying at the resort. Thankfully we paid for accommodations last fall so it's just meals and gas. We never eat out so when we travel it's a treat to eat most meals out but we try to be frugal and so we have breakfast in the room, it has a full kitchen. Today it was subway for lunch and tonight it's the boys and I for dinner as DH has dinner with the athletes. We packed lots of snacks for the trip and hit up the local store for bagels and other necessities. My insurance covered 100% of the wisdom teeth for the older son, so no right to the MasterCard. What an easy way to earn points
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well afternoon -I hung a load out today and it was dried when I came home -I went to the show just me I felt I needed a fun thing just for me -so off I went to and afternoon show "mama mia here we go again" I loved it, it was free thanks to one last free pass I had from shoppers last year ,I only splurged and bought a tea 2.30 from starbucks inside and I had my own water and a chocolate bar 2.00 (no frills)-so spending 4.30 is pretty frugal

-sat will be a busy day I am watching cara with hubby from 9.30 til 9.00 p.m I imagine as son/wife are taking Ashlyn to wonderland for the day with their friends and their daughter ,so I enjoyed the time to myself today

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Went shopping last night, I found quite a few good deals at Costco.

Mom decided to finally get a new cell phone and upgrade hers, her current one is dying and her plan no longer exists so she can really only text and make calls without overage charges. Since she got the phone at Costco we got bonus Costco cards. After the phone and everything else was paid for we still had about $100 in Costco Cards to spend. Nice surprise.

I found a big bunker of steaks which were $7 off a package. We grabbed 2 packages. This will give us 6 meals. There were a number of other meat deals but I did not take advantage of like they had ground beef on sale but I am stocked up and they had pork on sale but lately I am not enjoying pork when we have it so I have been working in more vegetarian dishes into dinners.

I needed more probiotics and I noticed Mom's Calcium Magnesium was on sale so I grabbed a bottle. Also on sale were crackers.

We also needed:
    Chicken Breasts
    Worcestershire Sauce
    Portobello Mushrooms (a big part of our vegetarian meals)
    Peppercorns
    Sausages
    Quinoa
    Cheese Slices

We then went to Wal-Mart where I got:
    Milk
    Eggs
    Running Shoes
    Flats (mine are dying quickly, but last me 4 summers)
    6 x Bins to pack up the basement until the mice are gone

Today we are supposed to tackle the basement but Mom is not up yet. So I am taking this time to enjoy a cup of tea and relax as I feel there will be very little down time this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ashley, I know you are very concerned about the mice. If you're willing to trap them, put a big blob of peanut butter on each trap (it entices them and they can't pull it off the trap). We've always disposed of the entire trap afterwards (rather than trying to re-use it). Hope this helps and didn't upset you.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thanks, we are using traps with peanut butter, a girl at work who lived on a farm suggested the peanut butter a few years ago when we had mice at work.

I am not sure what is up as when we first set the traps within 2 days we got 8 mice but now they are not going to the traps. I am going to try setting new ones today after we finish the clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by list465 View Post
    Ashley, I know you are very concerned about the mice. If you're willing to trap them, put a big blob of peanut butter on each trap (it entices them and they can't pull it off the trap). We've always disposed of the entire trap afterwards (rather than trying to re-use it). Hope this helps and didn't upset you.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Thanks, we are using traps with peanut butter, a girl at work who lived on a farm suggested the peanut butter a few years ago when we had mice at work.

I am not sure what is up as when we first set the traps within 2 days we got 8 mice but now they are not going to the traps. I am going to try setting new ones today after we finish the clean up.
    Another thing you can try is a small piece of meat tied to the trigger so the mice will pull on it as they try to take it. I guess you could put some peanut butter on it as well.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold another bag of garden dill for $10 yesterday. I sell the entire plant. The customer can do what they want after that.

I had a lady contact me on Monday and visit my home daycare. I heard from her again yesterday. She will be moving to Estevan with all of her children. I’m expecting the Daycare deposit this weekend. I’ll now have a contract...haven’t had a Daycare contract since June. I still have 2 other families that are interested. One of these families had their kids with me the last 4 days, at my drop-in rate. They still haven’t signed the contract and provided the deposit, but I’m still making some money from them for now. Things are looking up. I still put up updated Daycare posters at our mall.

We returned the cable box. Now we only have home internet, with Netflix. We are going out as a family to fire model rockets this afternoon. Dh and ds have done this several times. This will be a first for the rest of us. The smoke isn’t as bad outside today. Earlier in the week the smoke was making our smoke detector give us warnings.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Aug 18th, 2018 at 02:51 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It took a while, but I just harvested all of these ripe tomatoes from my garden. I have decided to sell these beefsteak and Roma tomatoes. I don’t really want to make more tomato sauce right now and freezer space is somewhat limited. I still have green and ripening to shoes on all of my plants.
    4 plants yielded 60 beefsteak tomatoes = 13.4lbs - already sold for $25
    2 plants yielded 50 Roma tomatoes = 2.4lbs - sold for $8
    3 plants yielded 30 cherry tomatoes - I am keeping these
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Aug 19th, 2018 at 01:32 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning- yesterday I watched baby cara with hubby she is almost 9 months (next week) from 9.15 a.m til 9.00 at night ,so I am a bit tired today ,she crawls all over putting anything in her mouth along the way ,she even stands at a push toy and walks on her tipee toes a few steps ,such fun having her all to myself ,I took her for a walk ,hubby and I were able to eat take out fish n chips for him a sub for me while she had a small afternoon nap

I enjoy my grandkids ,my hubby`s brother and his wife stopped in for a visit she thought cara was so cute and tiny ,she brought her a doll and Ashlyn a small doll also

just doing laundry today my daughter/hubby and Sebastian stayed at our house yesterday before a family function at 3.30 she called and said hi -we were not here but that's okay both kids have a key to our house I left the car(matchbox 1.50 at no frills) I bought Sebastian on the table for him and I got a nice note written from my son-in-law thanking nana and papa for the car -lol

working on not spending much this month as we have house insurance to pay end of the month I put it on my visa to get the points ,mind you may make my way to talize on monday as its 50% off day -a lot of my summer clothing is getting old ,plus with our summers being hotter I need more tanks

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

The sun this morning...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@greentires4me We can see some blue sky today. This is the first time in about a week. Yesterday when we drove out to a field we could see off into the distance and the smoke was more visible.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yay! I have been texting with the new daycare mom again this morning. I will have 2 of her school aged children and her Kindergarten child, all on contract. I have the deposit, etc. She will be starting over in a new city, so I’m sure she appreciates the help and information that I have been able to provide.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Angela I am so beyond happy for you !!!! that is fantastic
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congrats Angela

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information