User Tag List

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1063Likes

Thread: August 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (summer fun and finds)

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Went to thriftys and bought a cake, grapes and scones. Then went to dollarama picked up some candles, pipe cleaners, gel pens, and baked snap peas paid ten cents for a bag all cost 17$.

Dropped off the holter monitor at the hospital and now at my aunts house in maillardville an old French town here in BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's a lovely summer day-not too hot but enough to make one move fast out of the sun! No plans for laundry tomorrow due to incoming rain. Ms. Sunshine has been stellar!

Managed to visit two Rexalls today for Lysol wipes, Vim and Dr. Pepper. Delayed stamp purchase (10% off packs) until next Wed (flyer ends a day early). Enjoying online access at the college today. I've done a bit searching for clothing online and will try a couple of more sites before I leave in 30 minutes. Did a good can walk and also stopped at Bennett's Apples for cherry danishes and cider donuts (on my summer list of things to get). Have 4 donuts left and will try to save them for Sat. and Sun. Not sure what will be on the menu for Sunday as it will be hot and humid.

Last night, I ate a soup bowl full of Napa cabbage leaves. This week, my chest has felt like a low powered toaster oven on and off during the day. I know its the perimenopause because my body is adjusting to the hormone drops. Still I'm a carb vacuum if I find the right sweets, even if it is sugar in a glass of water! In the mornings, I make sure to have my 3 tbsp of hemp seeds to see if their omega 3s do any favours for my body besides providing 30g of needed protein.

As there is a scale in the basement, I stepped on it as I noticed both pants are seeming too loose of late. Am at 141 lbs but should usually be 150-160lb. Need to get back up and get the pants to stay where I belt or place the waistbands at my waist.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@Ciel are you tall is that way you want to be between 150-160lbs?

I’m tall and I am about a 155lbs. From before I was a 3xl and now a large...shirt/pants. So roughly 295lbs. I have lost a grand total of 140lbs that’s like a person...I have all the stretch marks to prove it, lol.

I went to the Spirit Halloween store and bought night before Christmas lanyard and two buttons one a the goonies with pirate flag symbol on it, and second one was a sugar skulls one.

Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    WOW this week went by so fast.

Tuesday we did our grocery shopping which was mostly produce with a few just needs of things that never go on sale mixed. We need to get Rice, Balsamic Vinegar, Malt Vinegar (I buy No Name for all of these). Also grabbed some cheese since it was on sale as cheese never goes to waste in our house.

Good News is even after re setting the traps we have no caught 1 mouse so next week we will start the basement clean up and we have contacted property management to send someone in to fill in the hole.

Mom has been off almost all week with her back, she has a back injury they cannot do anything for and it flared up. She has gone back to work today.

Around lunch time I am off to the company golf tournament. Need to stop at the house, grab the gifts (everyone who attends gets a gift), the PA system, bro and his gf, and bro's car since his is bigger than mine we will take his and then I will drive them home.

This year I am on the registration table and then I am running the relay races. I was supposed to be doing the relay races with my Cousin's Wife but he may have left out a couple details when we spoke like his wife is only coming for dinner as she will have both kids. But now it sounds like our new controller's wife might stay back at the club house with a group of us who are running events.

I had big plans of getting up this morning and trying to get as much done around the house as I could before I left so I could relax tomorrow but that did not happen. I think it is time to change up my vitamins again as I take some to clear out the bad bacteria and some to build up the good and as life changes I sometimes need to adjust. I think it is time to adjust again as I am starting to feel worn down again. Hopefully an adjustment will help me bounce back as I had really found until week my energy was coming back.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -off to hang a load of laundry
    then do sheets -as daughter/hubby will sleep in our bed
    then off to buy an ice cream cake -angela(you had given me a reminder about the dilly bar) I got hubby a milkshake yesterday so I asked for the code slip my bill didn't have it but she gave me one that did -so free dilly bar with the ice cream cake for me

may pick up a few beers for son/son-in-law cant wait to have the BBQ today (steaks from Costco) baked potatoes ,corn on cob .10 each a bargain ,grilled pepper and zucchini and rolls or fresh bread -yummmmm
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    @Ciel are you tall is that way you want to be between 150-160lbs?

I’m tall and I am about a 155lbs. From before I was a 3xl and now a large...shirt/pants. So roughly 295lbs. I have lost a grand total of 140lbs that’s like a person...I have all the stretch marks to prove it, lol.

I went to the Spirit Halloween store and bought night before Christmas lanyard and two buttons one a the goonies with pirate flag symbol on it, and second one was a sugar skulls one.

Who or what is on the Nightmare before Christmas lanyard-Jack, Sally or other character? Or is it just text from the movie?

Yes, I'm tall and I'd like my pants not to slide down, so I want my weight back on. It'll help keep me warm for the colder weather too. It's the second week that I've been irked by my pants slipping an inch or two down and I lose my temper when I have to keep hiking the pants up all the time. This situation gets in the way of doing things like reaching for items, or collecting pulled weeds from a flowerbed, etc.

I still am looking for new pants in my usual size. Keep encountering elastane in the fabric content list for most pairs.

Decided that I will ask the shoe store to obtain a men's pair of cross trainers if I cannot get my sibling to order it with free shipping for me. Last night's walk home was manageable at a brisk pace but I did discover a new large blister on a different toe and that will take some days to deflate (and some Band Aids to help in skin recovery).

Did a little detour on my walk this morning to visit the listed garage sale and saw four other homes with their own sales. No luck finding a small square laundry basket. Did spot some spray paint for outdoors I'd have liked but my back objected to carrying anything I did not really need this morning. Found two more cans to add to the one can found on walk home (30 cents to collect later today).

Ms. Sunshine has managed to keep the Rain Clouds away so far. this morning. Yesterday, I saw blue-gray clouds while I was in the West Mountain area and fussed about likely rain even though the forecast did not really state rain was coming.
    Natalka, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -busy Saturday for you! Hope the new controller's wife is able to assist in some ways and connects with you and others at the event. Give your cousin some notice not to drop the details ball in the future because you cannot always be rescuing the company when a staffer fails to do their work or is off or a relative does not keep their end of agreed things to contribute. Might be time to see if you can rotate off the tournament given your heavy lifting at work everywhere in addition to your own role. What position do you want to be in at the company by next March (I assume that is your year-end)? Time to build your case. Hope your Mom is feeling better this weekend--backs are so important!
    barbis9, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

It’s raining outside here...

I made a grocery list and going to the grocery store even if it’s raining I don’t care. I forgot to go to food bank actually I was really busy. And the holter monitor made everything itchy. Ugh!

Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, Happy Caturday!

Last week, not much shopping except for produce and essentials. Only meat purchase was at NoFrills for chicken legs.

This week, shopping will be minimal as well.
    I have done click and collect at superstore the past few weeks. It's nice to have choices I make, things I haven't had in a while or just different things.
    Husband is very good at following a list, but gee I miss shopping!

Take care everyone!
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Aug 25th, 2018 at 07:59 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I just spent a few rainy hours sorting the basement and found a dead mouse so I went looking to see what damage it caused. It must have died from eating the crisco . I think it must have been solo as there is no other indication of mouse action. But most of what I keap in the basement pantry is in Rubbermaid totes if it's soft packaging as a result of a prior mouse invasion. I will put traps down just in case.
    We have been using up stuff and not adding to the stockpile so I was just taking inventory. To see what if any staples we need. I realized I need frosting as we have three birthdays in the next 3 weeks but only one tub of frosting so fingers crossed for a good deal.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I went out deal (grocery) shopping with my neighbor last wednesday, stocked up on a lot of things and have not done any food shopping since! Tryng to use up things in the freezer, cupboards, etc, and now we have veggies from the garden. I'm so excited I think It's a new record for me!
    I went out shopping yesterday to Toys R Us as we needed a gift for a bday party today, and found some baby items on clearance for $1-$2 so picked them up for a gift for my neice, born yesterday! We went to dollarama for a few things after that. Today I went to a thrift shop and also bought nothing!!! I have been working hard on changing my shopping habits to not end up with too much.

Hope you all have a swell day!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to grocery store without my grocery list enter facepalm here. But I got an abundance of items and spent a $28 extra then my budget. And made 22,000pts at no frills. Total I have is 39,920pts would like that 80pts for that 40$ grocery money to spend later.

It’s 14C outside and the smoke advisory has been lifted for now. it’s been raining on & off all day.

I went with a friend to no frills and when I got there I scoured the whole store because I got there before she did. Well I knocked at her place and she was no where to be found, just now. Lately she has been really up and down blaming everyone for her problems. It’s like I don’t get it so quick to judge with that iron tongue of hers I swear. Ugh!

There was some screaming in the hallway I think it was with herself. The chick that is on my floor. She has a loud boisterous voice and can tell right away whom it is.

This full moon doesn’t do anyone any favours. It’s in Pisces if ya wanted to know. It’s tomorrow.

Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday morning I took our children to the park before headed across town to check out a sale at Salvation Army. Salvation Army had all regular priced clothing on sale for $1/item. I only bought 1 pair of capris for myself. Didn’t see anything for the other members of my family. Ds found a game of snakes and ladders, which was taped shut. We played a game of it during pur twins’ afternoon nap and discovered that the game had never been played and was originally bought from Walmart. I bought the game in a tin box for $3. I also found children’s books for 50c each. I bought 3 easy Star Wars books, another star wars book, Big Hero 6, and Dr. Suess A B Cs. I spent a total of $7.

Today at CT we bought furnace filters, cat litter, garbage bags, and a set of flat wrenches. It was all on sale and used a $25gc from my credit card points to pay for part of the purchase.
    Last week we bought a $100 Mark’s gc at CT for 15% off. Today she bought a pair of work shoes on clearance at Mark’s with the $100gc plus $10. Dh’s work will reimburse the entire $110 for the work shoes, once per year. This pair only cost us $95oop this year.
    Everyone in our family had a haircut, except for me. I should probably go in for a trim. I haven’t had my hair cut in a year. It is almost down to my elbows, it’s thick and wavy/curly.
    Then we stopped at the other second hand store because they had a 50% off everything sale. I bought a suit jacket and pants for Dh for $10, regularly a $300 suit. I bought jeans for myself for $2.50. Two short sleeved blouses for $1.75 each. Two pairs of Adidas pants for our son’s for $1 and $1.50 each.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Aug 26th, 2018 at 09:33 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Well we had a soggy day of golf but everyone seem to enjoy them self, I was under a canopy with 2 other people running events so we stayed semi dry. Dinner was amazing, roast beef, mashed potatoes, carrots, pasta salad and coleslaw. There were also 2 types of pie, I think I heard Strawberry Rhubarb and Apple. I did not have dessert as I was feeding my Cousin's youngest and then went up to hand out the awards.

My plan for today is laundry and cooking for the week ahead. I have not decided what I am going to make yet, I think I will start by cleaning out thee fridge and seeing if there is anything we need to use up and work from there.

I know I have some quinoa I want to turn into a salad but I cannot decide if I want to do a sweet or savory salad yet, I have ingredients for both.

Also think I have some portobello I will stuff, this has become a new favourite in our house. They are great for a vegetarian meal. But with that being said think I might change up what I stuff them with this time. Give us a few different options.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Hey sassy, how do u make stuffed portobello mushrooms? I am curious.

Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information