User Tag List

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree1063Likes

Thread: August 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (summer fun and finds)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lately we have been doing caprese stuffed portobellos which are Portobellos:
    Rubbed inside and out with garlic butter
    stuffed with a mozzarella
    with either some fresh basil or pesto (depend on what we have on hand as we keep pesto in the freezer)
    topped with slices of Cherry Tomatoes
    broiled until the cheese is melted and the mushroom starts to soften

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    Hey sassy, how do u make stuffed portobello mushrooms? I am curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Pretty good day here, I am quite happy with everything I was able to accomplish. I was worried as when I woke up my back was bugging me and didn't seem to be losing up but after stretching a bit it did loosen up.

Laundry is done and put away.

I made a sweet and a savory Quinoa Salad.

Sweet one has Peaches, Blueberries and a Lime Dressing

Savory one has Cucumber, Tomatoes and a Balsamic Dressing

Also cut up a Cantaloupe we bought last week which is packaged for lunches.

I also made stuff Portobellos but these ones are not vegetarian. We had some leftover Taco Meat in the fridge so I used that to make Mexican Stuffed Portobellos . I also make a Sour Cream/Salsa sauce to drizzle on top.

For dinner I made Balsamic Chicken with Pepper and Mushrooms which I served over Rice to use up the leftover Rice in the fridge.

Dishwasher has also been loaded, turned on and now I just need to empty it.

All and all a good day before heading back to work tomorrow. Have a great night everyone
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I forgot to mention that I donated 2 boxes of Hamburger Helper and 12 Crest toothpastes to our Salvation Army foodbank when we went shopping there on Friday.

No Frills on Friday resulted in lots of cheap strawberries. Some have been eaten fresh and others are frozen for fruit smoothies.
    8x $1.47lb - $1 coupons = $0.47 + 1,200pts personal offer= $0.30/lb

Today we went to a bbq potluck and family fun day at a church. The kids played on the bouncy castles, had balloon swords and flower to take home, and prizes for playing various games.

For supper I made 9x13” and 8x8” pans of lasagna. We will have lasagna for supper again tomorrow night and I will freeze the 8x8” pan worth for a future meal. I need to do some more meal planning. I have 3 daycare children all week.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    It’s raining outside here...

I made a grocery list and going to the grocery store even if it’s raining I don’t care. I forgot to go to food bank actually I was really busy. And the holter monitor made everything itchy. Ugh!

If you still have adhesive on your skin from the holter electrodes - try using a little nail polish remover, and than rinse your skin. I too was extremely itchy and got a rash from the adhesive. Once I removed it, my skin recovered.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's Monday and I wish to make a face at the sky for its wishy-washy tones! The cool wind is fine as it offsets the humidity and heat a little. Yesterday, it was a blessing to feel the cold air circulate from outdoors through the windows, as Sunday was a hot one too.

Have my bank fee for August covered and decided to implement online banking for a purchase I intend to make online this week. If it does not work, then I'll have to place the order through a store and wait for it.

I am not familiar with Green Beaver toothpaste and other personal care products but they are made in Canada. I noticed that Goodness Me sells the toothpastes. Might be worth a try to get one and see if I like it.
    Natalka and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow I have been busy -sat had BBQ with my grown kids and grandchildren and the steaks were awesome from Costco(restraunt quality for sure I got thick grilling steaks) then yesterday got invited to niece,s pool and a BBQ for hubby's brother and his sister (yes my mother-in-law had 2 kids on the same day) hubby's brother was 69 and his sister was 55,it was fun except was watching Sebastian so was extra carefull,he went to bed last night at 9.00(in between us in a queen bed as he no longer wants to sleep in the playpen)woke up at 3.10 crying and went back to sleep til 6.45 my daughter got here at 12.30 p.m and she only got 3 hours sleep as she and her hubby biked to the wineries in this heat (every muscle aches in her body)

my dear daughter turns 36 today -wow time flies

supper tonight leftover steak baked potatoe and corn

went in to pay dentist 866.00 that is not covered from hubby's crown and they let me half the bill in half as its so much this month -so nice of them -gee dental is so costly for sure but then its nice to have our own teeth

popped into Dollarama -for all the ladies with kids they had a nice assortment of colouring books
    moana 1.50 for Sebastian ,moana activity book for Ashlyn 1.50 ,large paw patrol colouring book 4.00
    and transilvania 3 1.50 activity book -awesome prices as indigo was 6 or 7.00 for a moana colouring book-birthday or xmas for the grandkids
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Aug 27th, 2018 at 04:21 PM.
    Natalka, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Twin boy got up before 6am today. I was in the kitchen making tomato sauce at 6:45am. I had two pots of tomato sauce started on the stove before the 3 daycare kids arrived at 8am. I’ll let you know later how much tomato sauce makes it into the freezer today. There are new tomatoes ripe on the plants already.

My Amazon box with popcorn seasoning and special crayons arrived yesterday. The kids had popcorn for their bedtime snack last night. The crayons were the last item for ds’ school supplies. His new bookbag might not arrive before school starts, but he still has his bookbag from last year. I need to sit down and label all of his school supplies before his back to school bbq on Thursday.

edit: I made a gallon of tomato sauce. 3 tomato sauce, and 5 chunky tomato sauce.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Aug 28th, 2018 at 01:23 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

off to get my haircut and return a few items to Canadian tire

so tired thou woke up at 3.30 didn't fall back asleep either -had a few family things on my mind plus had heartburn
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Second muggy day here in Ancaster and tomorrow will be the same before the cold air comes along.
    Thinking that this week, I need to see if my yard gloves can be swapped for a replacement new pair at Canadian Tire as summer is winding down and I don't want to miss out on the gloves if the size is sold out. Last night, I did a smaller than usual grasscutting session with a push mower. Grass is getting very tall in sections and I will empty the portable gas container into the ride mower to tackle the bigger sections this week.

Saw on Twitter a video clip of ways kids' back to school gear can be made fun and personal-I really loved the fruit patches shown on the jean jacket. I follow the person who makes the tv morning show rounds with home decor/crafting/sewing ideas and she said the patches are from Walmart. I'll definitely be checking out the craft/sewing section of my local store this week.

Have to work on a grocery list for tomorrow as I intend to shop after I do banking for Mom. Plan is to also place a shoe order online and see if it works. Not sure what recipes to consider for the long weekend but I want more herbal tea in the pantry.

There are shopping malls doing games or wardrobe contests for back to school. Mapleview Centre has a shopping spree contest based on iPad votes for wardrobes on display in the mall this week. Dixie Outlet Mall has a games event that participants 13yr+ must complete at least 3 of 4 games in order to enter a draw for mall gift cards.

For the SCers who anticipate the annual school photos of their kids in September, did you read about the parent whose kid wore a green shirt to a green screen photo session and looked like a floating head in the photos? http://time.com/5376300/green-screen-picture-day/
    lilo0003 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Productive lunch hour today. Being away and too much fun means nothing is getting done at home. Off the next few days to get stuff done too but wanted to get a jump at it today.
    Laundry is on the go. Folded towels from dryer and they are ready to put away. Writing out my tackle list to get at once I drop my hockey kid off at the arena.
    Food prep is on the list. Bought 2 large family trays of BLSL chicken breasts. Will cook up one tray. The other tray will be wrapped for the freezer.
    Plan to hit up No Frills tonight to stock the fridge with fresh healthy stuff.
    Angela273, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh feel so good that I got a haircut

son dropped in on his way home form work as he thought I would be thinking about this family problem ,everything is okay now so I am a happy mom

-supper is fish ,French fries and corn
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am sadly back to work, two weeks off as awesome. In anticipation of my return I spent Sunday prepping lunches and despite the heat prepared 4 meat loafs for the freezer. My future self will thank me for this. Tonight I baked my youngest sons birthday cake. I am so glad my kids prefer my cake to store bought, or at least that's what they say as we have three birthdays in the next 17 days. While the oven was on I roasted a tray of tomatoes. They are so yummy baked over chicken in the middle of winter. It's crazy how happy they make me. Wednesday I will work at home so we can do an early family dinner as the older son works and it's his younger brothers 15 bday. On Monday the older took the younger to McDonald's for lunch, he drove and paid as he thought he would miss his birthday dinner, it's only taken 15 years but I am love how they get along now.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I think I did something to my left ankle the tendon looks like it has popped out near the ankle bone. I know it doesn’t look pretty I have been nauseous for 2 days i realized I did something yesterday because I was nauseous. Believe me I have eaten today but it made feel even worse afterwards. I hate problems like these.

It is substantially hotter today then it was yesterday. Like I think like it would have to be at least like 27C my AC would have dialled down already if it was cooler but it’s not. I think it gets dark at 8pm but you never know the sun went behind the clouds. they were calling for rain for tomorrow, yesterday. Since I live in a temperament rainforest it changes everyday. When it’s above chance of rain over 20% it’s more likely it will rain in my town(city).

Someone gave me a coupon for a free bag of cat food but I don’t own a cat lol.

Ciel likes this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I saw various posts about people scoping large colouring books and smelly markers from Walmart. I went to my local Walmart tonight armed with my new Walmart app, which gave me the ability to scan and check prices. I ultimately scanned and scoped an entire display of products, one of each kind. The large Dora colouring books came up at 2c each, so I bought all 7. I SCOPed 4 smelly colouring markers, an invisible marker oloueu g set, and 4 large colouring books. The current plan is to give a large colouring book to each vest at DS’ birthday party that is coming up in early September. The special smelly markers will be kept as gifts to give to kids who invite ds to their birthday parties this year. The invisible colouring kit might be a good thing to give me twins while travelling in the van on a long trip. The store did not want to let me buy the Dora colouring books for $0.02 each because they were supposed to be sent back, but no one removed them from the display. 2 supervisors and the big store manager were involved. He ultimately approved my purchase of the 2c colouring books. I had warned some customers to pick another till. A pregnant lady didn’t heed my warning and ultimately grabbed her stuff and went to another till, pretty huffy about it. A couple with a baby were the people next in line when I finally completed my transaction. The mom and baby left the dad to do the purchase. I apologized to him. He said it wasn’t my fault, but the Walmart employees.
    I also purchased
    2x $3.97 Jiff peanut butter - $1 coupons
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Aug 29th, 2018 at 12:51 AM.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Mom did our grocery shopping which I will admit made me happy as this week is pretty busy for me. I have been at work before 6 am every day this week and I admit it working from home.

I am kind of stuck in the catch 22, we have hired new staff which is great but now we need to train the new staff. This means I am still working Order Desk but also need to write train plans and train people where I can. So Monday I was training which meant Monday night I had to catch up and be me. We had another person come on I have not been able to book training for so the manager phoned me yesterday and said he would start on it which meant last night I needed to prep our Test System for his new Staff member.

Mom only went to the Chinese Market and only bought produce which is enough to get us to next week. Only thing is I will need to stop for Milk either tonight or tomorrow.

Not much else going on right now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    Natalka, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information