User Tag List

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree1063Likes

Thread: August 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (summer fun and finds)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo -yep that happened to me also -I used the beef and it still remained -so that's a good thing I guess

going to Toronto on sat to babysit my grandson
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

There was a barge fire on the Fraser river this morning on the surrey side. So there is more blasted smoke.

The Richmond bog is still burning and apparently I just read that horseshoe bay was on fire as well.

They are calling for rain tomorrow I hope it actually comes. I had a fall and got a concussion due to heat exhaustion on Wednesday. I haven’t slept since 10:30am yesterday morning it’s now 4hours until 10:30pm.

I wanted to do stuff today but I feel like crapola. I haven’t been able to shop in a long amount of time. I didn’t receive any mail today maybe Monday my birthday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Did manage to get the grocery shopping done on Wednesday which was nice to have done. I must admit I can see things are getting better for me. A few months ago I was overwhelmed when it came to cooking and felt like I was constantly chasing down what was about to go bad where is now I am excited to cook again and excited to see what we have and what I can make.

I got the following when I went shopping:
    SDM
    4 x Hairspray $3.99 + 600 pts/$3

No Frills
    2 x Naturally Imperfect Mushrooms $3.97 + 100 pts/$
    4 x Peppers $2/lb + 100 pts/$
    2 x Iceberg $0.88 (Food Basics) + 150 pts each
    1 x Celery $1.25 (Frescho) + 150 pts
    2 x Cantaloupe 2/$3 + 200 pts/$
    4 x Chai Tea $2
    2 x Peppermint Tea $2
    1 x Raspberries $1.25
    1 x Sausage Buns $2
    2 x Broccoli $1.27
    1 x Watermelon $3
    1 x NN Peppermint Tea $0.99 (for the mice)

All and all happy with my shop. Although not sure if it is all No Frills yet or if they are slowly upgrading but I must say Price Matching is getting harder and harder. They now have to go through multiple steps to price match including what store you are price matching to you, it really adds time to Price Matching and they have lowered the limit for the difference in price so a lot of managers override are needed. Find it a bit annoying as I try to be organized to not hold up the line as our store never had enough cashiers on but now no matter what you hold up the line.

I grabbed some No Name Peppermint Tea bags as they say it will deter mice. Catching them has slowed down I think we got 8 in total and I know there is at least 1 more (saw it run across the floor last night) but nothing in the traps last night. Trying to come up with a way I can close the hole until we can someone in to fit it but it is right above the electrical panel with all the wires going up which makes this more complicated. I am worried since it is such a small job no one will want to take it on as getting contractors to just show up seems like an issue lately no matter where you are.

Not sure yet what my plan is for today yet, we will see what happens and work from there. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.. my laptop is being cranky. hubby will look at it later for me. shopping is done. may need to get milk tomorrow.
    showed a lady at no frills the caddle and co51 apps. he had been price matching. but didnt know about the apps.
    showed another guy at foodland the airmiles app.

subbmitted co 51. caddle is being cranky.. need to contact them

food is put away .
    and ac is off . thank goodness.

I am having a nap
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Praise for the colder evenings! The chill makes it possible to close windows and block out the aftermarket exhaust joyriders populating the local roads and highways.

I've had the fun of turning and tossing and coughing and sneezing for two nights in a row. Spent a significant part of yesterday in bed. Early this morning, I could tell some relief was coming-the cold zone was between the bridge of my nose and my upper lip. After 8am, I woke up with some pain in my ears. Was relatively dry in the morning until 11am on errands, when left eye and nostril decided to let me know I'm not 100% Ciel yet.

Questing for decent kitchen towels. Saw the Fel Pinter Portuguese towels in the Winners kitchen wares and checkout maze areas in shades of grey and brown rabbit fur (that is what the tones looked like to me) that seemed more like guest hand towels for the lavatory than kitchen use towels. Struck out at Cdn Tire and Walmart for towels. Picked up some groceries at Longos (99cent buns! Honest Goodness cranberry pumpkin seed loaf 99cents! another grain loaf at $1.29, some peaches and Longos turkey burgers (the other meat variety burgers all seem to have milk products in the ingredient lists).

Hurrah for finding the new Walmart Live Better Back to School Issue in-stock! There's an Instant Pot Pizza Pasta recipe (p.7) that will become one I'll modify for stove top use as I do love pizza! http://flyers.walmart.ca/flyers/walm..._run_id=364846

Winners backpacks and bags for kids/youth-various colours and styles. I did see a doctor-style bag in off-white with gold unicorn motifs and tan imitation calfskin handles and strap-$29.99 on the tag-that looked very smart. Did not check interior for pockets. Saw a pink backpack with two exterior pockets for a waterbottle, book or rolled up project.

Walmart featured Hanes and Fruit of the Loom underwear for women in the current flyer-I purchased a 6pk of cotton briefs in solid pastels (4) with 1 white pair and 1 black pair. Will see how fit works out for me as I laundered them when I got home. If good, I'll get another package. Otherwise, next Tuesday, I intend to visit the Bay for the 50% off boxed bras to get my next bra and pick up a package of 3 Jockey Elance for $21 and change (ouch on the price even on sale). I noticed this week that my underwear need to be replaced ASAP and Jockey underwear while usually good, has been a disappointed (seamed tank tops not really fun when they used to be seamless). Will see if tank tops might be on sale as I could use a grey cotton one.

Next week, I'll be online more around dinnertime. Need to stay out of the heat! I'll be enjoying Niagara peaches on the weekend-I hope everyone has local produce to enjoy too!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

got home from my daughter's at 3.30 this afternoon -watched Sebastian and took him a toy figure (cow) he loves it ,then we went for a walk and had lunch out we treated our daughter/hubby and Sebastian -boy its not easy taking an almost 2 year old out they have no patience -he use to be soo good

then daughter treated us to a tea/coffee and wonderfull scones from a local bakery -fun day but tiring drive home

we are skipping supper tonight as we had pancakes at 12.30 ,then the scone and tea at 1.00 I am not even hungry
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Spent the evening reading a book I had picked up ages ago at the local little free library. Will take it back there Sunday. Dinner was easy as both boys had late lunches, one had work tonight and the other lacrosse this morning so DH and I had burgers and sat on the deck for dinner. Garden is going crazy with tomatoes. I love it because the only time I eat tomatoes is in season.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-isnt it nice sitting on the deck eating supper ?-we did the other night -no bugs ,last year there was an abundance of bees bothering us so we didn't eat out on the back deck as much

I wanted to read outside this afternoon when I got home (but too noisy)as neighbour was using his powerfull gas pressure washer on his furniture -gee why didn't he do it when we were away all day ?-as he asked us if we go to toronto every 2 weeks when we pulled in at 3.20

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday I did some dishes, did the laundry (everything is wash, folded and put away), and I started to clean up our basement where the mice have been living. Totally gross but has to be done so I got Mom who was stopping at Wal Mart to get me some rubber gloves.

Got some semi good news last night, Mom was talking to our property management about our mice issue and since they are in the walls which is considered the outer shell, it will be up to the condo corp to deal with the mouse issue. Bad news is we will have to empty our basement which is 90% storage including in one section we literally have boxes piled from floor to ceiling.

I have to be honest, I should totally be tacking the basement today but I really do not want to. I was thinking more a long the lines of a chill day with some meal prep. We will see what the day brings.

Hope everyone has a great day,
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -just went for a 20 minute walk -mind you near the end was pretty hot ,so will try for an earlier day next time -gotta step up the game and try to walk 3-4 times a week
    just hung a load of laundry
    will pop over to shoppers for the fabric softner is a sat/sun special

supper today roasted chicken in oven with potatoes ,corn

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    going over the list of move in stuff for child going to collage. emotionally I am not ready. I know this will be good. ... just not ready. we find out roommate info this week.
    today I am going to pick up large rubbermaid containers for them for moving / storage/ ect. 1 will double as a laundry basket.. I ordered towel / sheets from amazon. they wanted black ... oy vey.

I am hoping later this afternoon is nice. I would like to garden for a bit. laundry is ready to go on the line. no idea about supper. none... lol.
    I do want to make up a binder with recipies they can make in their room with what they have to cook with . as they dont have a stove.. they will have a induction plate.. and we will buy a toaster oven. they will need to get a bit creative. but they know how to cook...
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have to say in College a toaster oven was our best friend. We cooked in our toaster oven the most.

With that being said I still use our Toaster Oven quite often when it is hot to not use the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    morning all.
    going over the list of move in stuff for child going to collage. emotionally I am not ready. I know this will be good. ... just not ready. we find out roommate info this week.
    today I am going to pick up large rubbermaid containers for them for moving / storage/ ect. 1 will double as a laundry basket.. I ordered towel / sheets from amazon. they wanted black ... oy vey.

I am hoping later this afternoon is nice. I would like to garden for a bit. laundry is ready to go on the line. no idea about supper. none... lol.
    I do want to make up a binder with recipies they can make in their room with what they have to cook with . as they dont have a stove.. they will have a induction plate.. and we will buy a toaster oven. they will need to get a bit creative. but they know how to cook...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday I did some dishes, did the laundry (everything is wash, folded and put away), and I started to clean up our basement where the mice have been living. Totally gross but has to be done so I got Mom who was stopping at Wal Mart to get me some rubber gloves.

Got some semi good news last night, Mom was talking to our property management about our mice issue and since they are in the walls which is considered the outer shell, it will be up to the condo corp to deal with the mouse issue. Bad news is we will have to empty our basement which is 90% storage including in one section we literally have boxes piled from floor to ceiling.

I have to be honest, I should totally be tacking the basement today but I really do not want to. I was thinking more a long the lines of a chill day with some meal prep. We will see what the day brings.

Hope everyone has a great day,
    about the mice, if this is a condo corporation, the mice may have been coming from another unit/home, through the pipes etc, into your unit/home

their original home may not have been your home

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We know they are in the walls, how they got in we are not sure, again that is on the condo corp but we know many units have them. One winter we caught over 20 and a neighbour 2 doors down caught 13 and another neighbour lost his stove as one died in the lining of his stove. Sadly most neighbours won't say anything because they think our fees will go up if the Condo Corp brings in pest control and seem to prefer dealing with the mice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    about the mice, if this is a condo corporation, the mice may have been coming from another unit/home, through the pipes etc, into your unit/home

their original home may not have been your home
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

today finished purchasing my grandkids birthday presents for sept,oct and nov-got the gifts at indigo online as I had a code for 15% off on weekends only plus used 5.00 in plum points -yippee feels good to get this done -cara got a doll ,Ashlyn is getting operation game and it even worked out cheaper than Walmart with the code of 15% off

finished whippersnipping the back yard -a small rock hit me under my chin ,so I iced it ,sometimes this can be a dangerous outdoor task -ugggg

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information