User Tag List

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree1063Likes

Thread: August 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (summer fun and finds)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today was not the day that I had planned. It was very busy and I might have 2 Daycare families signing Daycare contracts. I’ll wait and see, but it’s quite promising and none of the children are babies or toddlers. Two kids from the one family will be here bright and early tomorrow morning. I’ve had them here a handful of times since June. Dh helped him get the new job.

We turned about 40 tomatoes into tomato sauce for the freezer. I used all ripe tomatoes (beefsteak, Roma, and large cherry tomatoes). Our son and twin girl washed and handed me each tomato as I processed them. I have 5 little bags of sauce, taking up 1/2 an icecream bucket.

We dropped my van off at the shop. It’s scheduled for an inspection tomorrow morning because my extended warantee expires in a month’s time.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was about 2 minutes short of my 30 minutes in the basement last night by the time I took the garbage out. I took out 2 bags of garbage most of it was packaging and few items the mice got into. There is still one in the basement I cannot seem to catch. Getting a little frustrated as it seems like Mom is just annoyed with the situation now and seems to have given up and just written off our basement.

I have filled 1 1/2 coolers. 1 if pretty much pasta and crackers and the other is baking supplies. I only have 1 more cooler left so I am not sure what I am going to do after I fill all 3 coolers. Also have no clue where to put the Cans & Jars so I can empty the shelves and move them to clean. Feeling slightly overwhelmed here and getting the feeling I will have to tackle this on my own some how.

I am slightly torn, we got the new the Condo Corp will have to cover pest control but I am disputing the fact that they want my basement emptied. I am cannot be the only person who uses their basement for storage. I literally have over 100 boxes in my basement and one room is our basement is full of random furniture we are not using. I have no idea how I can get through all of this in a timely manner for pest control to come in before winter hits and it gets even worse. I have been thinking about contacting a pest control company to see what they say.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, off to do some program testing.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had three more potential daycare families contact me this morning. One might need full-time childcare. The other two just want a few casual days. It’s a bit exciting, but challenging. I don’t want to count on anything until I have a signed contract, deposit, and start date for any full-time Daycare families.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well we went to get Ashlyn this morning to sleep over today (her second sleepover this summer) we took her to a free playground and splash pad this afternoon for an hour -so hot thou 33 with the humidex

supper went and picked up a pizza pizza and bought Ashlyn a treat in the bulk barn -she picked out gummy worms -lol
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Another hot week in Southern Ontario! And the sound of a money vacuum is heard by anyone shopping those back to school sales for themselves or other family members. I went to the Bay this morning to get a 50% off Wonderbra-cups don't fit spot on but the band does and I had an issue with first style I tried (a diagonal dimple on cup was visible on each side).--and a pack of Jockey Elance underwear on sale. Should be fine for a year. But I wish to shop the hanging bras next time (January) to see what styles I missed by sticking to the boxed sale only.

I went to Value Village's clothing sale day yesterday (by the way, policy began apparently to charge for plastic bags unless you BYO Bag but I saw customers still taking the store bags) and first trip, spent $45.65 for 1 pr of socks, 1 pr of summer pants (that was a surprise find in linen blend), two sweaters and six tops (Mom is getting some too). Second trip, the quest was for cotton tank tops in grey-scored two and spent $2.25 total.

Good thing I checked Cineplex website for the Crazy Rich Asians movie times. Seems the film is in limited release so #HamOnt SCers can elect to go to the Paramount Dr site in Stoney Creek or visit Brant St. Cineplex in Burlington. Good thing I still a couple of bus fares left. May wait until next Tuesday or go all-in tomorrow.

Still deciding whether to get my haircut this week or another time. It needs some symmetry work done by a pro and I have a coupon.

I am at 98% of myself-cold still has remnant coughing and sneezing. That was a good cold to kick my b*** in August! Thankful I had fresh produce and some groceries at home so I could focus on recovery (best part was staying in bed so head pain was not so bad rather than be vertical and feeling my sinuses ache).

Have a great evening!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    I have officially decided you know you have too much on your plate when you start forgetting appointments. Now I have to say I have NEVER and I mean NEVER even when booked a couple of weeks out forgot a doctor's appointment but yesterday I did. I was supposed to leave at 3 for my 3:15 appointment, got pulled into a few things at work completely forgot. Good news (if you can call it that) was driving home I started to think about the things I needed to do and was like what day do I leave early this week and it hit me today but it is not 3:40. I called the doctor immediately and luckily since it was just for a shot they said if you come in now we won't charge for the missed appointment and I got my shot without rescheduling.

I will admit did not get much done last night. I did get the kitchen cleaned but did not work on the basement. I cannot figure out what to do with all the cans and jars (which luckily the mice cannot get into, but do need to be wiped down due my OCD) so I can move the shelves. Ideally I would just put them away since they weren't affected by the mice but if I put them back on the shelf I will never be able to move the shelf to clean under it.

I had to laugh last night, both me and Mom are off this weekend so she texts me, let's tackle a project this weekend and I am totally thinking that she is thinking the stockpile to room to clean up after the mice but nope she wants to clean the freezers. I was just like seriously 3 reason why not, one the stockpile room needs to take priority over everything else, two we cannot get to the chest freezer as it is covered in cans and jars I have already wiped down & three 2 out of the 3 coolers are full of packaged items the mice didn't get into and have been wiped down. I still know there is at least 1 more mouse in the basement that I have seen that does not seem to want to go in the trap so just cleaning up and pretending all is well will not work.

Last night I did a fair amount of research on how to keep mice out, as I have no idea when pest control will be coming and it is only going to get worse going into the fall. I asked Mom to pick up peppermint oil before work today as no one sells it locally. Highly doubting this will be done due to the reaction I got so needless to say she may soon discover she has no Bay Leaves or Cloves left in the kitchen as they do not like these scents either.

Time to get back to work and see what today will bring, we have a meeting at 10 am so I already know my day will be a bit all over place. Have a great everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

how is it small kids always want to be outside,no matter what time?? Ashlyn went to bed at 9.00 I let her stay up plus she was asking for a few more minutes ,she woke up at 5.30 I told her to come into bed with me stayed in bed til 6.15 then wanted up now she is outside with papa(at 7.15 a.m ) in the wagon going for a walk

I am sure we will be taking her home around 10.00 a.m as we are tiny bit tired -I don't relish the thought of being outside all the time in this heat -she will take 2 muffins home one for mommy and one for her as she helped bake them -my son called last night to say he missed her -ahhhhh
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Kids do not feel the heat, my cousin's little girl is the same we can all be melting from the heat and she is begging to play outside.

Pretty sure I was the same I never remember telling my grandparents it was too hot outside and growing up we were on their farm and I spent from morning to night outside. Only time I would complain is when I wanted to swim and really I do not remember being hot as much as wanting to swim.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    how is it small kids always want to be outside,no matter what time?? Ashlyn went to bed at 9.00 I let her stay up plus she was asking for a few more minutes ,she woke up at 5.30 I told her to come into bed with me stayed in bed til 6.15 then wanted up now she is outside with papa(at 7.15 a.m ) in the wagon going for a walk

I am sure we will be taking her home around 10.00 a.m as we are tiny bit tired -I don't relish the thought of being outside all the time in this heat -she will take 2 muffins home one for mommy and one for her as she helped bake them -my son called last night to say he missed her -ahhhhh
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold more tomatoes last night to my regular tomato customer for $5. I told him more will be ready in 3 days. My knuckles on one hand cracked after making tomato sauce on Monday, so I’ll wait before making another batch.

Don’t forget to carry over any PC Optimum offers that you want to save for next week. I’m still waiting for my latest Caddle cheque. I ordered my CO51 cheque and received it a while ago. I’m still waiting for Caddle to process my receipts from the weekend, but that doesn’t surprise me.

Edit: I ordered my rebate cheques from CO51 and Caddle at the same time.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Aug 15th, 2018 at 11:10 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -i find caddle takes awhile to process the reciepts-i just cashed out from caddle 22.10

so tired (I find my eyes are very itchy from allergy season also)-gonna hang my clothing out
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump Day!!

Have pork chops in the slow cooker (freezer bag was dated Fall 2017) so glad to have them used up. Will make up a bunch of sides for the boys and hopefully leftovers to make them each a Tupperware container for tomorrow.
    Need to clean out the fridge tonight and get some ready to eat foods ready for the kids. Will make up a batch of perogies tonight since DS asked for some.
    I thawed a pork roast so will put that in the slow cooker in the morning for pulled pork for dinner tomorrow night. Leftovers for kids for Friday.

Lean beef is on sale tomorrow so will grab a few packs and make taco meat with one (have taco bowls in cupboard to be used up) and all the fixings in fridge (lettuce, peppers, cheese etc) so that can be kids dinner Friday night and leftovers Saturday. (tacos do not agree with me lol) Will make homemade burger patties for the freezer/quick meal when needed.

Will continue on laundry tonight. We are at cottage next week so need to get the house in order and laundry up to date so it's easy to pack quickly.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This morning I went out to the backyard and picked some apples from our tree-best year ever-they are ripe already and there must be 30+ lbs on that little tree! Our daughter will be back from Ontario tomorrow night for my niece's wedding on Sat( she is a bridesmaid)-next week we are going to NYC to visit with her best friend's family. Then back to YYC to get ready for the drive back to uni in YVR. Was interested to read Calgary scored fourth best city to live in worldwide according to a survey-it is pretty good except for the cold winters.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Ciel: Have you ever tried the specialty shops, like La Senza, Victoria's Secret, etc.? I find they have better sales than The Bay. My mom was impressed with the quality and detail that you can get for around $10.

@coupon girl: The kids here ask to come inside, claiming that it's too hot. The playground is partially shaded but it's still too hot for kids to run around in. DD1 and DD2 will try, but they overheat like me and sweat like Dad.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to No Frills on my lunch break to grab a few things. Spent $19 and change.

$1 for raspberries- Bought enough that everyone can have 2 packages each.
    .50 English muffins x3 (egg mcmuffins for lunch ) and breakfast next few days
    and a bunch of other things that were not exciting lol

Went home to put groceries away and made an egg mcmuffin for my lunch. Washed dishes in the sink. Brought a bag of snap peas to snack on this afternoon. Love them!!
    I am totally off sugar and it is awesome. The thought of eating anything with it makes me feel sick. I feel so much better.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FBM-I have found lots of good prices on produce lately at NF too. It seems I can often get out of there for under $20 with quite a bit of stuff-the joys of summer.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information