User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Skippy needs a wedding miracle!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well if you've followed me long enough, you know that I've been having problems with my left foot because of brittle bones.
    Well a few weeks ago I managed to get a soft tissue injury that has required me to wear an aircast.It still has another week to go!
    That said my Daughter is getting married on this Saturday and yours truly is walking her down the aisle! The last thing I want to do is wear this clunker of a cast down the aisle that day and for generations to see in photos.I do have the Dr.'s o.k. to take it off for awhile,but the pain can just come on anytime and I don't want to be all of a sudden yelling while going down the aisle.
    True to the love she has for me,my Daughter just wants me there taking her down the aisle(This despite the tears that I hope not to have).So I would ask you to please pray for complete healing because nothing is impossible for God!Thank you all!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh @Skippy !!! First congrats on your DD and her upcoming nuptials.
    No problemo friend, you will be in my prayers for the remainder of the week!
    How long is the " runway "? I mean how far do you have to shuffle holding your DD's hand?
    Hope it is just a short jaunt, then the video will see you without the air cast on.
    For the dancing at the reception though make sure you strap it back on.

Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!
    Just thinking out loud: if you wear the air cast, the chances of being in pain decreases. And, if you have some good photographers/videographers, they are really good at making sure the air cast does not make it to pics/video. And, there's some great stuff being done with airbrushing pics and videos these days.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Have a great time at the wedding.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

congratulations on your daughter's upcoming wedding!

i hope you manage to get down the aisle without too much discomfort. you'll probably too emotional to feel any physical pain. what a happy day for your family

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Skippy congratulations on your daughter upcoming wedding. You will be in my thoughts and prayers everyday. Have a great time at the wedding .

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Skippy, you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Congrats on the upcoming wedding, good luck to the bride and groom!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Congratulations, Skippy. You must be a very proud pappa! I would agree that videographers and photographers can produce memories that will not look out of place. I would think that you (and your daughter) would feel less stressed and therefore more able to concentrate on the moment if you are not worried about pain suddenly disabling you. I have performed ceremonies where dads walked their daughters only part way down the aisle and then she continues to her fiance alone. (Then the attention changes from you and you can make your way to your seat carefully.) (I wouldn't do the latter, actually.) But, talk things over with your daughter, I would recommend. Whatever happens, have a good time!
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, Skippy....first of all, congratulations to your Daughter!
    Secondly, slip that dang thing on and WALK not tentatively take steps down that aisle hoping not to scream out in pain! Most photos of you with your family won't include feet, nor, if you request it, will your walking her down the aisle. Many Dads in weddings I've performed had issues...they had canes, one was in a wheelchair, and no one cared, everyone just had eyes for the bride!

Yes of course I'll keep you in my prayers, but years from now, whether you have an airboot on or not, your Daughter will treasure her wedding photos, and that boot won't matter as much as you think it might.
    Strap it on and enjoy your day!
    Skippy, Natalka, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks everyone for all your kind words and insights.The bottom line is it is her day and she wants me there going down the aisle no matter what.She is such a blessing as is her husband to be!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Make a statement and bling it out for the wedding.
    Skippy and walkonby like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thinking of you and praying for you on this very special day!
    Skippy and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well folks today is the day and yet here I am on SC!(it's my break time!).
    Thank you all for your input,the aircast stays as I'm to walk her down the aisle slowly and I can't do without the boot.However,maybe at the dance
    It's a beautiful sunny day,no humidity yet and my daughter no doubt will look beautiful in her dress
    God is great!,Life is great!
    Will give an update sometime,everyone have a great weekend!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Skippy !!! The main take-a-way is you'll BE there walking her down the aisle. Such a happy event, take it all in and dance sitting in a chair if ya have to later on. Congrats once again to the bride and groom!!
    Skippy likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Skippy- What a wonderful day for your daughter's wedding! Best Wishes to all!
    Skippy likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks everyone for backing me up! Everything went well!The aircast helped with the proper speed down the aisle.I remembered my line,and the dance with her was awesome!A proud Father am I!
    Natalka likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information