User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1210Likes

Thread: September 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (fall fair time)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Last night we drove home from Vancouver-we got DD moved into her apt which seems quite nice and close to campus-plus I can afford it-unlike many of the apts there which are pricey and require a 1 year lease which is a pain for students-I am having a chill day today-just want to hang out at home in my flannel nightgown as it is quite chilly. I should probably get dressed and to the grocery store- but we are unlikely to starve before tomorrow.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Sep 3rd, 2018 at 04:27 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

jadeangel -yes that is the Ontario mug I bought -I don't have it yet but for 4.00 I thought its a steal
    I always look at indigo's sale items that is how I bought ashlyn's xmas gift the other day

son and his family dropped in on their way home from a cottage -nice to see the girls for a bit ,plus cara was happy to crawl around ,found 2 tops I bought for Ashlyn last year $2.10 and $3.00 for old navy tops so I gave them to daughter-in-law

plus son needed garbage bags so I gave him 10 -my dear son lost his wedding ring in the lake also,he was tossing around a ball in the lake ,they looked the next day to see if it came ashore but no luck ,it was a bit loose on him

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

lilo - I hear ya on the buy grocery store. I went yestersday after my 4 hour visit at the hospital... to costco ... I wasnt going to go .. but my mom askedme to ............. omg. it was a zoo. I had gone to no frills before that and it was nice. also.. stopped at Petsmart... my dogs now have 4 new toys.... they were very happy that I spoiled them.

I cried in No frills.... it was not pretty. it was over not buying lunch meat.. as middle child always took a sandwich .. and I bought lunch meat weekly. now they are not here but 2 hours away... and I dont need to buy lunch meat. .... yep... tears... people must have thought I was nutso .

yesterday I cleaned the kitcehn , and upstairs bath.
    today... re tidy kitchen .. working on playrooms... and laundry... so much laundry. I also stripped middle childs bed.. and will get that done.
    also 4 hour visit at hospital.

I have menu plan done for the week. and a plan for most of the week.
    I plan on skyping with child tonight.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseledta-no worries about the crying -we all do it at least I did
    not when my kids went to university or collage as they still lived at home ,but when my daughter moved out at 24 to go live in Toronto to do her post grad -I wasn't upset either(maybe because she gave us such a hard time from age 17-20) I was worried when she first called me on her cell phone thou as she was walking down the street

when my son moved out at 25 as he got married .I remember the following week I turned the lock on the front door and it triggered a crying spell as I missed him -plus no kids at home then so it was hard to take ,so don't worry if you cried over luncheon meat

supper was a bbq hamburger and cesar salad -ahh it was so good too as I just made them today

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I made spaghettini with pasta sauce and mushrooms from a can with shredded lactose free cheese for lunch at 1pm. Then stumbled around the kitchen trying to find clean containers to put the leftovers into.

I am listening to some CDs through my blu-ray player through my tv. It’s crazy how loud it is through my tv when it’s on volume 13. But when my stereo is on volume 15 I find it quiet.

I keep putting off writing this testimonial it’s horrendous I guess I just don’t want to write. But I need it for tomorrow...oh me, oh my, ugh!

I am pretending that I am not on Facebook today including messenger. Someone wanted me to do their bidding yesterday I told them “I was not their Slave and if they kept this act up neither was I their friend.” Considering I found it rather rude after the fact we had just gotten back together as friends not to long ago after I asked for an apology to my face. I guess they just haven’t learned their lesson, on how to treat their friends.

I would like to be online on Facebook since I do moderate a group on there that’s quite active. And seem to be the only one adding people or deleting/accepting potential posts. I noticed that the admin to the group though added another moderator and they have since made all these dumb pinned posts which makes me frustrated skimming through all the BS for the purpose of reading other people’s posts to make sure they aren’t bashing others and playing fair. I seem to be at least spend more time moderating the group then enjoying myself on Facebook. Small world problems.

Hopefully, things go well Friday. I am not good at tests especially when it involves medical procedures.

It’s suppose to be hot here on Wednesday-28C and Thursday 27C.

Earlier someone complained about our landlord ruining their life apparently...I am not sure how they did this coming from someone who is a constant complaint artist. But they don’t exactly explain themselves very well but often spew without caution or concern. Disgusting if you ask me I don’t need to hear it all the time everyday all hours of the day.

I am excited I have one parcel coming tomorrow woohoo because it’s in Richmond,BC which is a small trip to my town tomorrow. According to amazon it’s in Richmond, BC it comes from the distribution centre in Kent, Washington. I am excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Easy to have a no spend day when everything is closed. But I will take it. Goal is 12 this month. We have 4 birthdays and what would have been my parents anniversary so I plan to spend a few days with my mom. No back to school shopping here, kids are both using the same backpack they have used for years. I expect to buy shoes soon for the younger but he wears a mans size 13 so we wait until he has actually worn them out. He needs pants too but we will wait until the end of the month just in case he grows again.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy 1st day of school for most . Glad to be back in the routine. And packing DS a lunch means I pack a good lunch for myself
    Back to the gym tomorrow. I really liked eating my lunch at my desk and then going later in the afternoon. It really made the day go by fast and is a good use of my time. (and no silly mindless shopping to pass the time!)
    I just cleaned up the budget. Credit on credit card. I have a jar of change in my car that I plan on using to grab the few groceries I planned to get this week (another case or 2 of KD just to have on hand)
    Gas tank is full and don't plan on going far the next week. So the credit card shall sit with a credit the next while.

I sliced up a peameal roast and cooked it on cookie sheet in the oven yesterday. The kids can finish eating that today. (there were oven fries cooked too) Tonight I will take a look in the freezer and plan the next few nights meals. I bought 5 family trays of BLSL chicken last week in total. We were out. So I feel good having that in the freezer. I have fish in the freezer to use up and a fresh lemon in the fridge so that may be tomorrow lunch for work. Will see what else I make tonight.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well starting now we have less income as hubby is not going back to school bus driver (regards to his back problems)he did it for 9 years -so this is the time for smart canuck to kick in so glad I have a stock pile and 160.00 in p.c optium points,plus already having bought the grandkids birthday gifts

gonna be a hot one today -so I really need to cut the lawn ,hopefully

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is my wedding anniversary. Today is also the first day of Grade 1 for our son and the first day for my daycare kids on contract. Dh leaves some things up to me, so I decided to book a babysitter for Thursday evening for us to go out for supper to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

Ds requested fish sticks and french fries for supper tonight. Then I’ll head to Sobeys to pick up my regular prescription and lots of groceries with the 10% off Tuesday discount. I have organized a lot of coupons and rainchecks to use tonight. I’ll be going to the store without kids and hopefully it will go smoothly.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Anniversary @Angela273

May you have many more years of love, joy, and fun together!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Happy happy about the upcoming sale flyers. Finally 10LB bags of potatoes, carrots and onions. Soup/chilli and crock-pot planning for next week

Also the SDM promo where your points are worth more. Will be taking advantage of that for sure and getting the men's fragrance sampler for Christmas gift. Along with a bunch of food to stock up the freezer/fridge.

I shopped for work today and received over 21,000 pc pts. My total on my one card is now at $686. It sure adds up fast. Great time to redeem some.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela happy anniversary -have a nice supper out the two of you on Thursday -enjoy

well didn't get the lawn cut today ,my daughter-in-law called and asked if we could watch the girls while she went grocery shopping (she wanted to do online at walmart last night but all the times were filled for today -no problem we said

indigo is free shipping now for 3 days -I just purchased 2 body butter's 5.00 each reg 14.00 each one for a xmas basket and the other I am not sure of

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Happy Anniversary ANgela!!!!

today went well. youngest starts gr 11, and middle enjoyed collage. new DC child did well... and my returning child was amazing. all in all it should be a good year.
    we are under a heat wave.. and it is just gross out. hard to breathe out there.

my dad .. well... its a ongoing situation. he has a long road... I am just trying to support my mom as best I can
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 Happy Anniversary. I actually think DH and I forgot to do anything. Spring was a blur. His bday is soon so maybe we will do a dinner out. @coupongirl you are not alone in this frugal game. 13 months later and DH is still not working, he has had a few part time jobs and we remain confident he will eventually find work, I think he may have been too picky in the beginning. I was also in no rush for him to go back as he had a good package and needed the break.
    If anyone has a RCSS near them there is a great points offer. Buy a 50.00 gift card for ultimate dining which is Swiss chalet and get 10000 points. I picked up three as we are going to Swiss Chalet this week with my mom and aunt so perfect timing.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

That’s annoying. I just nicely typed out a post about my day and my shopping trip, which SC glitches out and lost when I pressed the “Post Quick Reply” button. It gave me a new page with an error about my message being too short. SC has doing this to me a lot lately.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information