User Tag List

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1210Likes

Thread: September 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (fall fair time)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Another hot day, eating leftovers - chicken lasagna by Marie Callender's is so good and cheaper than the PC version. My fav hair product was discontinued Got2b beach trippin' spray.....I wish I knew as I would have bought 6 of them. If anyone on this forum sees them in store, please let me know. I refuse to pay $60 (Amazon price) for an item that normally retailed for $6.99.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yep it was really cold here overnight, husband put on the furnace during the night.
    I turned it down when he left for work.

Husband will pick up shopping after seven from RCSS click and collect. It's the closest I get to choose things for shopping, and we have had good luck with it. Sometimes they are out of items, but you know before you go.

We are trying to eat out of the freezer, and have really lessened our takeout food. Cooking at home depends upon how tired out husband is after work.
    Our son started school yesterday so he came here right after and ended up helping me prep supper. Plus he did a lot of other helpful things, too.
    He is in his last session before he can write his journeyman mechanics exam. I know he will do well, yesterday he got the highest mark in the class for their review test of years one to three.

Have a nice evening, everyone!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah cut the front and back today with hubby's help as our back yard is hilly ,as it may rain tonight

supper was chicken breast ,French fries and beans

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Going to stop at Giant Tiger on my lunch. Some good deals to stock up on.
    I'll have to look at GT's flyer for clothing deals. I was at Walmart last night and the only men's pj set was in XL and striped. I'd like to find that hoodie with the shoelacing at the arm seams.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    You guys are complaining about the heat and here I had a frost advisory last night. I turned on the furnace this morning before the young daycare kid arrived, the house said 19 and it got up to 17 outside at lunch time. I covered my tomato plants last night. My phone apps said we got down to 0 around 6am. It doesn’t look like any frost got on my plants.

edit: Saskatoon reached a low of -4 last night, shattering a 115yr old record.
    Let's swap weather! I was braless for most of the day, it was that hot indoors until the afternoon winds picked up and cooled the outdoors and a bit of indoors.
    Giseledta, Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Another hot day, eating leftovers - chicken lasagna by Marie Callender's is so good and cheaper than the PC version. My fav hair product was discontinued Got2b beach trippin' spray.....I wish I knew as I would have bought 6 of them. If anyone on this forum sees them in store, please let me know. I refuse to pay $60 (Amazon price) for an item that normally retailed for $6.99.
    Have you haunted all of your area Shoppers' clearance areas? Never know when you'll find one or more. Try Fortinos and Rexall too.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and avrose like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I came to the library around 8pm today. I was glad I did an evening shopping run despite the bugs to check over Value Village (no real finds except noticing the 20 or so double boxes of DMC pure wool skeins for needlepoint-$7.99 per double box), getting a couple of needed items at Cdn Tire and checking out Walmart for clothing and buying a package of pencils and a magazine (I got SCOP on the soap at CT so I had the money...).

Grasscutting will wait until tomorrow afternoon. Have a couple of morning errands to do on one bus fare.

Spent most of afternoon making progress reading Haylie Pomroy's Fast Metabolism Food Rx. I definitely have a couple of issues with sugar! Think I found a solution for brother's health too but he was not keen to hear it.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Sep 6th, 2018 at 02:41 PM. Reason: corrected book title
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok, I’m going to try this again.

Soneys on Tuesday I spent $93.74oop. I used $19.08 in coupons, personal AM offers, earned 23AM, redeemed 2 rain checks, got 2 rain checks to use in the future.
    My receipt says
    $47.59 Discounts &specials
    $19.08 coupons
    42% in savings

I bought two kids rakes for $5. They are made of wood and metal. The lady delivered them because she lives out of town.

I made a large pot of pasta sauce yesterday, after a person never came for the tomatoes they ordered. I made 5 freezer bags of pasta sauce, stacked in an icecream bucket. I now have 2.5 buckets stacked full of tomato sauces from this season. There is some room in the buckets because I like the bags of sauce to lay flat while freezing.

My new young daycare girl is settling in pretty well. My returning daycare girl settled easily back into our routine. The new older daycare boys are supposed to come tomorrow morning for their first day.

I was excited this morning when a 2,000SB survey finally credited on my Swagbucks account. I cashed out for another $50 Amazon.ca gc. I keep a small list of things that we might want to get from Amazon. I made a purchase on Amazon last month. Two of the three items have arrived. I’m waiting for Swagbucks to credit my account. Only one of the items that I purchased ended up qualifying for SB back. It makes me wonder if I would be further ahead using Ebates. I’ve never checked Ebates out and I don’t do very much shopping online. I order off Amazon a max of 4 times a year, and don’t order from anywhere else.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Sep 6th, 2018 at 10:36 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@Angela273 I order from amazon like I am addicted I go buy an amazon gift cards for the last two years. I like the convenience, stuff I cannot find in the stores I order from amazon. Sometimes it’s cheaper on amazon then in the stores as well. Speaking of it I got a package Tuesday, Wednesday and today at least that’s what it says on my orders section of amazon.

I gave away my Chapman’s stuff to a friend who has two young boys except the activity book went to someone who has a 4 year old girl. Then some of the other stickers went to my neighbor she likes pink so I gave her the pink princess, red dragon, and star dust stickers.

I have to find a ride to my stress test or maybe I should move it I got the X-ray and it was transcribed to me that I had just sprained my ankle so I am suppose to stay off it and limit my activity on it. Considering yesterday it’s now 2x bigger then it was a week and a few days ago when I did hurt it. I do have my old ankle brace from the other ankle injury that I may use. And I guess I could get out my cane from the closest. I do need to replace the bottom foot on it, it’s going to cost at least 24$ before taxes I wonder if I could find anyone to install the new one it’s a quad foot cane. I didn’t pay for it work safe BC did just like they paid for a shopping cart of mine that snapped at the wheel well and the ankle brace. I am going to call and ask the cardiology department right now.

Edit: I called and they are going to rescheduled me as soon as possible. Hopefully it’s when it doesn’t hurt anymore when it’s been rescheduled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Thu, Sep 6th, 2018 at 12:08 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am so looking forward to this weekend when the feel like is supposed to be 18 degrees. I cannot wait.

Last night I remembered we had a free Swiss Chalet Family Pack because our last order had rock hard fries (couldn't stab with a fork) and rock solid buns (couldn't rip or cut in half) so that was perfect for last night as I did not have to cook. It was just way too hot yesterday.

On my own tonight so thinking something quick and easy, a Sandwich with some Fried Potatoes, we have some cooked potatoes in the fridge we were going to make into Potato Salad but haven't so I might fry them up. Might also have some homemade Coleslaw that is ready to go in the fridge.

Still a little warm today so we will see how the house feels once I get home before I make any plans for tonight. Thinking I might just tidy up the kitchen and call it a night and relax a little.

Have a great day everyone
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@barbis9 -I looked at the regular and clearance shelves for Got2b at Fortino's Ancaster and I did not see the product. Will keep looking on my travels.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Awesome temperature today! I could feel the cooler air around midnight and I heard a little rain too.
    Feeling less than 100% right now--might be 75% Ciel and 25% carb craving. Guess my breakfast of chicken pasta Sidekicks was not really protein heavy and the creamy sauce is taking my energy away.

Did not see the community paper nor flyers this morning nor last night. Glad I can count on SCers to have flyer previews! Spent some time looking at the new offers. Sobeys Extra will have Blue Friday tomorrow! Make sure to load any digital coupons today on your card.
    I was near Sobeys today but did not stop in to look around. Sobeys Ancaster will have a food fair on Sat. Sept. 15 from 11am-3pm-it's a great way to taste some store products and check out other grocery items.

Grandparents Day is on Sept. 9-notice the Hallmark card deal in the new flyer? Rexall also has a contest for grandparents.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Sep 6th, 2018 at 03:09 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -great deal by the way on the giftcards from amazon -by the way I use ebates I have for a few years now -I have made $245.00 from ebates -I order a lot online from old navy ,the gap , the bay,joes fresh and indigo -I stick to these few stores sometimes body shop or fruits n passions if they have free shipping -plus I never pay for shipping as I don't wish too
    sometimes I get way better deals online like today some fancy body butter came in from indigo in a nice box also 5.00 reg 14.00
    plus I got a mug for my daughter-in-law -it states on it "baby bear" and shows a picture of a bear I got it for her as I broke last year a lovley owl mug her sister bought her so this is just a nice jesture replacement
    I paid 4.00 -plus ebates gave me .42 cents =$3.58 cant get a nice big mug for that price -I also thought the mug was fitting for my son's family as they call baby cara bear "care bear" sometimes they say-kinda like years ago my daughter was princess -daddy's princess I always use to say

but angela if you are busy with daycare kids/your own kids and cant get out to malls -online is really easy and good -today I even had one toy shipped to indigo and I picked it up as its 10 minutes around the corner that way no spending $25.00 to get free shipping

hubby and I are working as a team staining our hand railings and bottom boards on the deck -will wait til next week to do the deck as you have to watch the night temp doesn't go below 15 degrees or else it wont set that well

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Free Halo Top ice cream Sept. 22 only

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/427535...2-only-canada/
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@coupon girl I buy most of my kids clothes and lots of my own clothes second hand. I can usually get my kids clothes for about $1/item. I paid $2.50 for the great jeans that I am wearing right now. They look brand new. Shopping options in our small city are very limited. The list of stores that aren’t here would be very long. Apparently Swagbucks doesn’t give credit for a variety of Amazon.ca items. Is it the same way with Ebates, only credited for certain types of purchased items?
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Sep 6th, 2018 at 06:07 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information