User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1210Likes

Thread: September 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (fall fair time)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh yes angela -I remember reading you sold a lot of clothing to people -hey nothing wrong with second hand I love thrift shopping -I have even bought the odd clothing from once upon a child for my grandkids

ebates only deals with certain stores back in the beginning Walmart was on there site ,then it dropped out I guess

went to shoppers seniors day today got 17,795 points as I had a lot of personal offers plus seniors got 10,000(included in my amount) for spending over 50.00 some good deals I got
    bandaid brand bandages 7.49-20%=5.99-2.00 cpn=3.99
    marc Anthony oil pkgs for hair 2/7.00-1.40=5.60-800 points=2.40 each

then bought some pop for my daughter 6 bottles as she is having a large party 40 people for sebastian,s second birthday(sept 13 is his birthday party will be on the sat after) with family and friends in the room their condo rents out ,should be nice

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold two large spaghetti squash for $12. This lady bought $15 in young dill from me earlier in the season.

Dhe had supper @ Mr. Mikes. We both had steak, etc. I might have enough left for my lunch tomorrow. I had a free allatizer offer and $5 on my Mr. Mike app. I also submitted tonight’s receipt to the SnapMyEats app.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!! Left the kitchen spotless this morning. Dishwasher emptied and a note on the sink to make sure to put dirty dishes in the dishwasher and not the sink
    Lots of laundry done yesterday. Load of white towels in the dryer ready to put away.
    Made DS a lunch today (turkey sandwich with cheddar and lettuce, apple, grapes, gatarade and yogurt.)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

TGIF
    It is supposed to cool off a lot on the weekend. So I am getting up early to get everything on the line because I find once it cools down and the way the house shadows my yard it takes longer for stuff to dry. Fall is clearly on its way, DS2 starts fall field lacrosse on Saturday.
    I sent a rant email to PC MasterCard yesterday after they froze DHs card when he was booking a car for an upcoming trip. I am so fed up with them every time we need to make a big ticket purchase they do this. It cost us 60000 points because it meant we could not book the airline tickets. DH would not complain about the lost of points when he called so I did. I doubt they will do anything but it has caused me to doubt this is really the ideal card for us.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes lilo you are right I hung clothing at 9.45 this morning and some didn't dry by 5.30

went to sobeys today spent 50.80 got 107 airmiles I had bought the chips for sebastian,s party (so pop and chips from my end)and a few other groceries today for me
    Natalka, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    yes lilo you are right I hung clothing at 9.45 this morning and some didn't dry by 5.30

went to sobeys today spent 50.80 got 107 airmiles I had bought the chips for sebastian,s party (so pop and chips from my end)and a few other groceries today for me
    I went Sobeys too in the hope of getting the granola bar deal. But only flavours we don't like we're left, peach granola bars. Blech. But I had the older son and our Sobeys has a great British section so he bought his dad's birthday gift (DH is a Brit) and that with some other deals I managed to spend 100.00. I had a 75.00 gift card from a summer promo so my oop was 5.00 and earned 190 Air Miles and maybe a 5.00 gas card if there are any left. The cereal had the 1.00 off coupon stuck to the boxes and the cashier could not peel it off, so she left them there and still gave me the 1.00. I was able to peel it off using a knife. Score for me.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I did completely nothing today I walked to the elevator to downstairs to the mailboxes to see if I had any mail. Nope nothing not even junk or coupons. I did grab the local paper that was sitting outside the building later on when I went downstairs again. Earlier I totally felt like crapola I had runny nose and swollen nose. With itchy eyes, now though I have a sinus headache I think but my nose isn’t running.

Both of my feet hurt I think it’s the change of weather because I woke up this morning it was raining and now it’s down pouring. I can feel it in both of them the old injured foot and the new one. My back I thought would be seizing because of the temperature change from rainy and cold, to hot and humid, to wet and warm. But I can’t tell I am laying on most of it on my bed.

They took the state emergency off in in BC today even though their is still 480 fires burning. I think that was a little rash they should waited until we had rain for a month before declaring that.

My sisters EX called me saying he hates me and stuff. I said i didn’t have anything to do with anything before he starts blaming someone maybe look inwards and hung up. I mean really my mom gotta stop talking to my sister’s EXs behind her back and telling lies. Because I thought to myself how else would he have gotten my cell number? I haven’t called her yet but told my sister in a text about her EX calling me and what he said in word for word I got a shocked face and and angry face back. 2hours later an actual message saying how she didn’t give him my cell number and that she had to go teach a yoga class then right after.

Then I banged on someone’s door for a good couple times they were suppose to knock on my door last night but it didn’t happen. I am listening to radio it’s really dark outside because it’s made the apartment dark. Then again I usually live in a cave with the lights off because the lights aren’t nice to be honest. They don’t produce enough light when you want to have something to see by the living room area that I have made out this bachelor suite the light above doesn’t give enough light even when it’s on full blast. The kitchen/bathroom ballast is a neon bulbs like the kind of lightning they have in doctors offices. One day the building had a power surge and I was having a shower, the ballast in the bathroom that’s protected by a plastic cover blew scared the crap outta me it was so loud. Of course then it went pitch black in my bathroom and my whole suite. It was like outta a horror movie all sudden I heard screaming from outside my door in the hallway and yelling then crashing with banging. Good thing my phone was illuminating my bathroom sitting on the counter I wouldn’t have been able to have seen neither less. I got changed, then opened my door and there definitely looked like all the lights in the hallway had exploded there was several people in the hallway screaming still. I went out with shoes on because the glass reflected in the darkness well it was just like a horror movie they were in the hallway when shards exploded up and out. First aid training came in handy right about then, the office didn’t see anything because the cameras to our floor went out exactly that time the power surge happened. Every other floor had power besides ours. Thank goodness the elevator still worked i tore up old sheet of mine and got someone to carry them into the elevator who wasn’t in the hallway at the time. I littered the hallway with used nitrile latex free gloves and scraps of sheets. 7 people from my floor went to the hospital that day including me and 10 other guests. What a nightmare or a horror movie. They fixed the power surge they had to send someone up to clean up the mess that was left. 4 days later they fixed my ballast in my bathroom I pitied the poor soul who had to clean it up they had to bring in a electrician because there was no power in the entire suite. That night after I had gotten home I went over to a friends house and stayed there for a couple nights. Because if I remember correctly it was a long weekend and the guy that they called in figure it was just replace the bulbs type deal then when the lights didn’t work at all. They said I wasn’t kidding when I said my power still wasn’t on. Considering I couldn’t stay in the dark I left to a friends house and told them to call someone in. They went through like 4 guys and finally they brought in an electrician that worked for BC Hydro not just for my suite but everyone’s suite on the floor. When i was coming coming I saw this bc hydro guy coming out he knew my dad apparently (my dad worked for BC hydro for 35 years, passed away September 29, 2015 from blood cancer not lukeimea) and that he was sad but glad to see me.

I noticed today that my bottom teeth are now crooked they used to be straight maybe that due to the bottom molar being gone and there is space in my jaw. I have TMJ and a small jaw to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@greentires4me Are you a Swagbucks member? Most of the money I spend on Amazon.ca is earned through Swagbucks. I do most of it from my smart phone because I am rarely on my desktop computer with kids around. I used to do Swagbucks on my computer, even when I was back in university.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Yeah I use swagbucks or at least I used to. I have an account there I am just not usually in the mood to play on there it’s not a top priority.

Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    Yeah I use swagbucks or at least I used to. I have an account there I am just not usually in the mood to play on there it’s not a top priority.

I can certainly understand that. I’ve taken breaks from it over the years. I don’t make nearly as much as some people do on the site, but it still adds up.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

When it first started I played all the time before they got super big and it was much easier to earn swagbucks then it has turned into.

Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I picked all of my dill and pea plants. I gave a garbage bag full to a friend, then I threw the rest in the garbage. I can already see too many seeds on in the soil. I harvested any old peas to plants next spring. I’ll finish cleaning up that area another day and try to clean up some of the dill seeds too.

Tonight’s supper was dry fried pro chunks, Cheemo perogies, garden carrots and free cucumber.

I have one new daycare family that does not want the children to have pork or any pork products. I am now trying to figure out lunches and snacks that are free of pork products. I’ll be reading more labels st the store.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    TGIF
    It is supposed to cool off a lot on the weekend. So I am getting up early to get everything on the line because I find once it cools down and the way the house shadows my yard it takes longer for stuff to dry. Fall is clearly on its way, DS2 starts fall field lacrosse on Saturday.
    I sent a rant email to PC MasterCard yesterday after they froze DHs card when he was booking a car for an upcoming trip. I am so fed up with them every time we need to make a big ticket purchase they do this. It cost us 60000 points because it meant we could not book the airline tickets. DH would not complain about the lost of points when he called so I did. I doubt they will do anything but it has caused me to doubt this is really the ideal card for us.
    Sorry to hear about the frozen PC MasterCard. They are doing this a part of their security feature. They have your spending profile and when they see something out of your ordinary spending, they may freeze the account to investigate.

They told me that when a large purchase is made, or if out of country purchases will be made on the credit card, they would like us to call in to let them know before the purchase is made. When we bought a living room furniture set in the past, we called from the store and let them know the store and the estimated amount, before we bought. They put a note on our credit card file that we called in and that we gave them the purchase details. Then they told us we could go ahead with the purchase. We took the name and employee number of the PC Mastercard rep we spoke with.

Hope this helps with the problem with freezing the account in the future.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Oh what a day.

I am loving the cooler weather, I really enjoyed sitting with a hot cup of tea this morning under a blanket and actually feeling a little cold.

I had a bit of an internal struggle with myself this morning. I knew I should tackle the basement but at the same time was not impressed that I would have to tackle it on my own since Mom is working today. I know it has to get done but I will admit I was annoyed I would have to do it on my own, plus I wasn't sure if I could move everything on my own.

I decided to just suck it up and head down and see where I could get. I spent most of the day in the basement. I have cleaned half of the stockpile room which seems to be where the mice were living. We have 3 sets of shelves. I have emptied 2 of the sets of shelves. I took everything off inspected and washed down all of the packaging, then I washed down the shelves, floor under the shelf and walls behind the shelves. I still have 1 set of shelves to do but not sure I can move that set on my own.

Anything the mice could get into is packaged in Rubbermaid Totes so I reorganized 2 of the totes. Initially I was wiping everything down and packing it in totes but it was not really organized as I was worried about running about of totes. I realized today we have more totes then we need so I started to organize them so hopefully I can start to find things again. Lately cooking has been a challenge because I could not locate anything in the totes and I cannot get to one of my freezers so I need my basement back.

In total I have gone through about half a bottle of spray cleaner with bleach plus 3/4 of a Windex bottle I filled with a Water Bleach solution. That is going to be one clean room when I am done.

Now I am going to relax with a cup of tea before I need to start dinner. I am on my own so thinking I might just make myself some Garlic Parm Pasta with Spinach.

Have a great evening everyone
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

off we went to toronto at 7.10 -got there in 45 minutes (nice) but I was up at 5.15 a.m so I am pretty tired right now
    we watched Sebastian from 9.00 til 12.30 -we took him for a walk ,went to the library and i read a few books to him ,my daughter went thru his clothing to give to me and my son-in-law went thru his toys -I will keep a few here for cara ,its good to condense as his birthday is next week ,cant wait
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information