User Tag List

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1210Likes

Thread: September 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (fall fair time)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I made use of a very large pork roast today by putting it into the crock pot for pulled pork, and once done used up a bottle of BBQ sauce that had been free with a coupon last year. There will be leftovers for the freezer which is always a nice bonus. The sun is finally shining here today. Once work is done I am running to SDM to take advantage of the offer on my card of 3000 points when you spend 10. That's to good to pass up.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have made $143 so far this summer from selling extra veggies from my back yard garden. I am also keeping track of the stuff sold this year. That total is currently at $736 in 2018.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I made use of a very large pork roast today by putting it into the crock pot for pulled pork, and once done used up a bottle of BBQ sauce that had been free with a coupon last year. There will be leftovers for the freezer which is always a nice bonus. The sun is finally shining here today. Once work is done I am running to SDM to take advantage of the offer on my card of 3000 points when you spend 10. That's to good to pass up.
    I took one out of the freezer today when I went home at lunch to toss in the crockpot in the morning
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I made a trip to the hospital today to find out what I thought was a kidney stone was a UTI. They gave me 5mg of morphine in the hospital and 4x 5mg pills to take home with antibiotics script I will need to fill tomorrow.

My iPhone lightning cable charger and headphones stopped working so I threw them out. . Good thing I keep spares of everything around I will have to replace the actual cords on pay day which isn’t until the 26.

I am not having a good day on top of it when I got home the elevator to my building was broken. So being all f’ed up on morphine climbing 2 flights of stairs of course almost fell up the first set and down the second set. Now laying on my bed and the room is doing a roller coaster effect. I am not sure that’s suppose to occur.

I received my package from amazon it is neon worms 1kg. Also a advertisement for Telus tv package get this huge 55” tv free plus a 55$ month package for 2years. Yeah we all know there is nothing in that package of value. Sucked in for two years with Telus optic tv well I guess they want their tv back after you stop subscribing to their tv package?!?! I feel restless I don’t want to be laying down I spent the entire day sitting though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    my guy that was to build my deck over 2 months ago.. is building it now. i am very pleased. it is coming along nicely....
    my dad is now in a private room.. and has tremors. cancer sucks.
    oldest helped get the garbage and recycles out today.
    i forgot to run the dishwasher last night. .. sucks that i need to run it on high energy time. but it is what i is .
    i may go back to hand washing for a bit as well. . .. i can usually keep on top of it.

ok. on track for today is the new playgroup in town. its the same playgroup .. but a new leader. i was not fond of the old leader... the leader before her was fantasic...... i am hoping this is a good one.

not sure about supper. but I am sure I will figure it out. I have a list of meals to do , depends on if i go to visit my dad again. i might just go every other night. i am getting burnt out.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cancer Sucks. Agreed. Hugs Giseledta. Remember to take care of yourself.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Pork Roast in the crock pot today. Will make up Tupperware containers for kids and they can eat when home. I need to take chicken out tonight and make a good healthy meal tomorrow night for me. I'm just not eating lately/not feeling hungry but need to make myself eat some good stuff.

I made DS an egg and cheese on a toasted English muffin this morning. Will fry up eggs tonight so I just have to toast the English muffin the next mornings

I have 2 loads of laundry to fold and put away tonight. (the white towels still lol and the new load I washed and dried last night.) will put another load on tonight.

Nobody was home when I got home last night so I split the package of sausage between 2 freezer bags and tossed them in the freezer.

I saved my pc offer for beef (200 pts per $ spent) so hope to stock up on some steak and ground beef in the next week. Will organize the upright freezer tonight to see what needs to be used up. The pork roast in the slow cooker was from last Sept. Time sure flys.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thanks. I am trying to . but it is insane to try and find some balance with this .

I ordered my 1/4 cow today. it will be ready end of the month. love my cow place. they are amazing!
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

helped hubby stain the deck this morning -now it is sunny and warmer ,lets hope rain doesn't come til Thursday afternoon as they stated a chance of it

did a load and put in dryer before 7.00 a.m not going to walk all around the front into back yard to hang clothing when the deck is wet
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I picked up my antibiotics and had to pay $10 for it on top of what was covered. What ticks me off is doctors prescribing meds for people who can’t afford the extra money for it if I didn’t have the money I wouldn’t be able to get them. I am sitting outside waiting for mail to come. She’s not here yet and it’s already 11am. What a piss off! She used to get here at like 9/9:30 now it’s not until 11/11:30, big difference. I am glad I already accomplished getting my meds and some cranberry juice from shoppers on the way home. I was surprised shoppers had no Halloween decorations up to sell, when everywhere else has had them up since the end of August. I ordered 3 more items from Amazon 2 tshirts with sarcastic sayings all from a good seller the “feelin good tees” and 1 owl scarf.

I am so tired and in pain I don’t want to take the morphine to be all loopy again.

Sorry about your dad with the cancer. my dad died from cancer 3 years ago on September 29. It’s horrible watching someone dissolve before ya especially ones dad.

Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all-my dear grandson is 2 today ,talked to my daughter this morning and she said "happy birthday Sebastian" and he replied "happy birthday momma"as he was use to saying that as her's was the end of august -lol

cant wait for his party sat

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I got confirmation that the two tshirts that I bought shipped today. I saw something on tv about the members of the Canada post union voted to strike. Aww...most of my stuff comes by Canada post. This is terrible they need to get a contract come on federal government get your butts into gear.

I had a yelling match with someone last night over door slamming “I told them to stop slamming the door, it’s annoying...” they walked down the hallway calling me all sorts of names even the famous C word. Which infuriated me further to the point I came back inside my apartment and was shaking. I called downstairs and asked them to tell that person to knock off the door slamming and they were like “what am I to do for you? Or what would you like me to do for me?” I was like “to be honest do you your bloody job. I don’t like being called the C word and I don’t like asking something of someone to get it thrown back in their face. And I ask you to ask them to stop them slamming of doors 5x in 30mins and you ask the question like you don’t or ever listen. What was the point in calling and asking?” He then was taken aback and kept saying “what would you like us to do and what are you going to do to take care of yourself?” I was like “this was a waste of time, good night further more it’s not even good it’s terrible obviously you need to do some unconditional listening, go take a course.” Then I hung up.
    I am sick of all the BS that goes on here I pay rent not to listen to everyday slamming of doors for no apparent reason other then their issues with themselves. I just don’t want to be having to go to sleep to be awaken by this issue every single day. When I was younger in my teens I slammed my door one too many times my dad took off my door off the hinges. This seems it may be a trigger to me also a form of disrespect in my mind to people around them.

Last edited by greentires4me; Thu, Sep 13th, 2018 at 11:58 AM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well I have my friends 3 year old twin boys here today keeping me company( more like keeping me hopping!). We have already been to the park once although it is quite chilly here. It was -2 when we woke up this morning-definitely not quite ready for this yet!
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Door slamming can be a real nuisance, @greentires4me . Whenever a window is open in the house (main floor or downstairs), all it takes is for one person to let the back door glide close on its own and the air rushes to push it closed. Of course, it does me no good to remind the adult to hold the door handle and make sure not to let the door striker make a racket on the strike plate. Consideration seems to be key here only if sibling is sleeping while he's on pm shift-otherwise I cannot get consensus with parents and sibling to be aware and courteous not to slam the kitchen, back or bathroom doors when I need my rest hours.
    As for doctors and prices of medicines-it's an issue in Ontario too and doctors don't know the retail prices of medicine when they proscribe so it's good to ask doctor for generic versions to be listed on the prescription before you get the price news of the name brand versions at your pharmacy counter. If you want a good insight to the prices of medicines, see if your library has a reference copy for the wholesale prices of medicines 2017 or 2018 edition to get some idea that your prices will be higher. When I was told I might need to use drops for my eye, I was not going for it. When I found the wholesale prices of two of three drops, I made sure to share the info with my eye doctor the following year so she'd have an idea too when the next patient was to comment on prices or unaffordability.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Many blazers were tried on yesterday but in the end not one was bought by Mom. She did like one top I asked her to try and bought it, so that's a successful outcome. While I had one event in mind for her needs, she actually told me of another occasion in which she needed black apparel and I had no idea of it. Current apparel does not fit, I was told. It was beneficial that Mom wore one outfit and brought another outfit for the blazers I wanted her to try. We noticed some red tones in blazers did not match or suit the dress which had more of a brown-red tone than berry red tone in the dress fabric print.

Laundry drying outdoors was not too successful. I used the new dryer a few times and was angry how long delicates cycle took and the lack of drying. Then I tried a More setting instead of Normal dry level for delicates and eureka-dryness closer to what the old dryer produced in the delicates cycle. (I had only read about 3 pages of the manual on how to use the machine to get a basic sense of what's what.) I had put a mattress cover through 2 x 10min cycles and the thing was still damp each time at the end of cycle until I made the change-2min and done!

Then, as I hoped to even try to get to the library in the evening, Mom and I talked about the weather forecast (hot and humid) so a need for groceries was determined and I realised I had to forget Internet yesterday to get the shopping done. Did the shopping at two stores and found small kitchen garbage bags we can use for the bathroom pails. Happy find was noticing 34L bags (18 for $2) will be a cheaper find for our actual kitchen container after I finish using the other brand's bags. I was able to use 2 x 50 cent Eggo waffle coupons at Fortinos and $1 off Special K Nourish cereal at Food Basics but forget to get a case of Pepsi Throwback.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Sep 13th, 2018 at 03:33 PM.
    coupon girl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information