User Tag List

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1210Likes

Thread: September 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (fall fair time)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    So happy the weekend is here. Although due to the fact I have been training this past week and have to train again this week to come I do have to do some catch up. I got through most of it last night and was impressed that it did not take me too too long. I just have 1 more thing to tackle today but think I will do it after dinner when we are sitting down watching TV.

I have not really tackled anything yet today. Decided to relax and crochet for a little bit this morning. So I made myself a cup of tea and decided to catch up on my PVRed Shows and crochet to relax a little.

I had been planning a nice BBQed dinner tonight but now my phone is showing rain for 4 pm so we will have to see what happens.

Not quite sure of the plan for today yet, we need to tackle the basement still but there is also a few other things we need to do so only time will tell what we tackle today.

Hope everyone has a great day
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

During my walks yesterday, I made a point to try pants and a ski-jacket looking coat at Winners Upper James Store. The pants had issues, not the least of which were no functional pockets. The coat is a light purple one for $59.99 and has Free Country on the chest. The jacket sleeves are more tapered than my old Marks Wind River coat and the fabric is a somewhat noisy woven fabric. Unless Marks comes out with some more winter coats by October, I may seriously decide to use my HST credit for the Winners jacket (the Ancaster Meadowlands store has the same jacket but in a light raspberry red tone and only one of each size on the rack) just to have a new coat purchased. I've not had luck in spotting a thrift store winter jacket in a cheery colour so far (still no success in spotting older Addition-Elle Livik parkas with the glazed and sparkly purple colour or off-white with gold sheen colour from a few years ago either at Value Village because I was interested in them at full retail but not the $185 or so price tags of the time).

As I was at Fabricland too, I finally got a spool of navy thread (on sale) and looked around for some fall fabrics (regular priced and at the Last Call clearance areas; there are few floral prints in the dressy fabrics plus sweater knits). It's too late to mend something on a navy linen top last week--the top became shoe polish rags when I saw I was out of navy thread. I did save the buttons for a future sewing project. I was able to find a new issue of Vogue Patterns at the library so that Mom can see what new fall patterns are featured. My impression is that while plaid is a fall staple, we are not likely to find one or two of the plaids shown at local stores. Brainstorming is in progress to figure out what to use a linen fabric for as it's a natural fibre and Mom said no to the polyester finds I saw yesterday--she simply needs a garment out of the fabric but the colour is washed out and too pale. Add in the too narrow width and yours truly has to MacGyver a solution (not that Mom expects me to sew but I know she's not going to sew despite saying so) that will make both of us happy.

This morning, I hung my laundry outdoors that had been washed last night and got my bedsheets washed and another load washed and hung. I simply don't want to do laundry later today, again hot & humid-the wind and my water bottle are making it possible to walk and get around.

Food preparations for weekend meals are staying simple and short in time. I intend to cook some rice with Accent diced tomatoes flavoured with garlic and herbs just to have something different. Need to wash and slice the bunch of celery so that it does not sit in the crisper for much longer. Groceries will last for the weekend, then it will be stock-up time.

The Papyrus card e-mail showed new arrivals for Halloween and I simply find the cat pouch adorable as a possible pen and stationery supply case. https://www.papyrusonline.com/black-cat-pouch
    I have not really looked at non-chocolate treats pricing for Halloween yet. It might be something to buy for early October as Dad has not been doing much shopping lately and usually he gets a big box of chips and mixes other treats but we don't get many kids anymore in our area.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

We are in mid-September already! Summer gets a few more days then fall takes the stage. In two weeks, it will be possible to do early voting for municipal elections in Ontario. I still need more information about the other candidates for ward councillor so will look for the televised debate soon.

Make the most of the weekend, Smart Canucks! See you on Monday.
    Giseledta, Natalka and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I slept very poorly last night. I’ve been busy so far today. I brought in bins and boxes from the shed to prepare for winter. Our kids for some of the same stuff from last winter and I had packed away a lot of other items for them to grow into. Our son’s ski pants are wearing out, so I’ll post a wanted ad for those. I bought winter boots on clearance in the spring. Dh and I don’t agree on doing that, but I had 3 brand new pairs of boots for all of our children and I only spent about $13 in total on them. I took an inventory of the jackets, ski pants, and boots that are currently too bib for our children. The document is on my phone, so it will be accessible. I removed all the kids summer clothes and shoes, out to the shed. I’m keeping them for now because I don’t know what might fit them in the spring. I posted som jackets, mittens, hats, and boots for sale.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Sep 15th, 2018 at 04:47 PM.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow Angela-you got lots done. I have been quite lazy today in this cold weather but did do a load of laundry and made up a bean salad for dinner-I will also try making fettucini alfredo with roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers on the side.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We have the hot humid weather back but since this may be the last of it I shall soak it in. @Angela273 I think you are wise to buy ahead, if the kids grow faster than expected you will have no problem selling the boots for more than you paid. I am taking a few days off this week to spend with my mom and aunt, then next Monday DH leaves for 2 weeks in the uk. He is taking his parents for what will be the last trip home but at 92 and 87 the fact they can travel is a marvel. The boys and I will travel the following week to spend 6 days with them. It was completely unplanned so I am thankful I still had some vacation days left.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

There was trenchal downpour yesterday we got 35mm in 20mins with thunder and lightning. So much rain it washed out basements, cars, streets, and tent city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well morning -my daughter 2nd birthday for Sebastian was wonderfull ,she made choclate cupcakes from scratch with wonderfull icing -they were way better than paying 2.50 to 3.00 each from a cupcake shop ,plus the baked beans she made were delish -I got to bring a half container home along with some roma pizza

11 people didn't show (she had set up an birthday email where you clicked if you were coming )-really why do people say they are coming then don't show??-I find that rude unless there is a really good excuse ,oh and then some showed up late so it held up pin the tail on the donkey game for the 10 kids and they were getting a bit restless
    all in all lots of food ,drinks

Sebastian loved his Disney horse my son/family got him ,I gave him money a few animal figurines and a few articles of clothing ,he got books , a small dump truck ,paw patrol garbage truck -so no large toys as they don't have the space
    we got home at 10.00 p.m long day for sure and I didn't get a good nights sleep was up at 4.00 a.m doing my puzzle
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago, we celebrated my baby's 15th birthday! Happy Birthday Lily dog!

Still alive and kicking (well, sort of). Took a little break from life in the ethereal world to concentrate on the minutia of real life. Was put on new meds that didn't agree with me and knocked me for a loop. Then I nearly lost my girl (she had a stroke in front of me and lost the use of her back legs). But, with a little stubbornness on her part (wonder where she gets *that* from ) and some muscle manipulations from me (gee, guess those years of physio paid off in more ways than I expected), she can walk again, albeit like a drunken sailor (I seriously wish this dog would stop copying me!). Lily has no pain (thank goodness!) but is an old lady who is losing weight and her fur is really thinning. When the stroke happened, the vet basically told me to come in if she's in any pain, but to just make Lily comfortable and let her enjoy her final days as best she can. That was 4 months ago. I didn't think she'd make it til her birthday, so we've been trying to make the most of our time together.

To celebrate, the birthday girl had a corned beef sandwich for breakfast, chicken for lunch, sausages with potatoes for dinner, and as many treats as she asked for (she can have whatever she wants these days - and, yes, sometimes that means she gets my dinner and I get the pleasure of watching her enjoy it).

We've also been eating quite a bit of fresh corn - seems the short one has become obsessed with corn on the cob (yes, I know, Quincy cat is weird).

Hope everyone is well.

I'll try to post an update on our little misadventures soon. For now, we celebrate my crazy puppy (her personality has not dimmed one bit - she still wants to play and sleep and eat and eat and, well, eat) and try to convince crazy cat that he is special too. Oh, and (not sure if I mentioned it before) we are overrun with water babies - seems like I've become an unofficial fish rescuer. Not to worry, the tall one and the short one have no interest in getting their noses wet.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Ugg, it's been ages since this happens, just lost my post.
    Lets try again @Andit lovely to hear from you. Not great that Lily is under the weather.
    I had a lovely day sitting on the deck, 4 loads of laundry dried on the line including sheets. I have another load for tomorrow since the house has now shaded the line. Lunch was stuff to be used up so a fairly frugal day. Kids have a PD Monday and it looks like a nice day so I think it will be BBQ steak and fries. Short work week for me, Monday and Friday are my only work days.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Well I must admit, I did not get a lot done yesterday. All I managed to accomplish was laundry, all laundry was washed, dried, folded and out away. The rest of my day was spent crocheting I started and finished a scarf. I admit I kind of felt bad for not getting more done but my body needed a day off.

Today was much more productive. We finished cleaning the stockpile room including the large shelving unit I could not move alone as well as the freezer. The room has not been cleaned from top to bottom with bleach. Now I just need to reorganize the stockpile room, I hope to get this done after work this week. By the time we were done the cleaning, we were done for the day as we did it all by hand with cleaned and paper towel to make sure nothing was left behind. It now smells like my bleach in my basement which is good as mice hate bleach.

This week I will try to get stockpile room organized after work as next weekend I want to work on bedroom. I feel like I have misplaced some items in my room. So I think it is time to empty my room and reorganize it.

Now we are making Homemade Burgers, with Homemade Wedges and a Ranch Salad for dinner.

Hope everyone has a great night
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Monday and back to work. I was in the office at 10 to 6 this morning, trying to keep on top of being me on top of training. I think I have a plan for the week so I am happy.

I am going to be travelling to a couple different branches next week so there are a few things I need to work on but do not need to be done ASAP that I will save for next week. One branch I am going as they are short staffed and just need another person on site so I should have some time to be me and get caught up on a few things.

Think my plans for tonight have changed. I think instead of organizing the Stock Pile room I am going to work on cleaning out the fridge instead. We plan to grocery shop tomorrow and might be late getting home so I am hoping if I clean the fridge tonight putting away the groceries tomorrow night will be much quicker. Cleaning the fridge will lead to dishes needing to be done as I saw a lot of little containers of stuff that needs to go, so I think that is my plan for tonight.

Over the weekend I managed to complete a scarf and a security blanket, both of which I plan to sell for extra $$$ for Christmas. I have a budget for Christmas but it would be nice to see if I can leave that money there and just us crochet money. Now I do have decide if I want to put a boarder on the blanket I did this weekend. You do not have to but I do prefer the way it looks with a boarder.

Alright well time to get back to work, my trainee should be in soon. Have a Great day everyone.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Sunny Monday here. Switched the laundry this morning so have a hamper in room to put away and load of white towels are in the dryer. Should but another load of blanket on tonight to keep up on it and they can be hung to dry. I washed the few dishes in the sink this morning and they are drying on the counter. Ran the dishwasher last night when heading to bed so that needs to be emptied but at least the kitchen is clean.
    Got a much needed oil change yesterday ($50 savings with coupon I was given which is great- synthetic is great but expensive) and had both air filters replaced since it needed to be done and was cheaper then at the dealer. Happy to have that done and out of the way.

Almost gave DS $ for lunch today because I thought the sandwich meat was gone but then I found it and made him a quick lunch I brought cereal and a banana to work for my breakfast. Was on the go all weekend so didn't do much cooking at home really. Had family dinners Sat and Sun night. So not prepping done for the week. Will take something out for the crockpot tomorrow and make the boys a bunch of food. I do need to clean the kitchen freezer of bits of this and that or just toss it because I'm tired of looking at it. Tomorrow is garbage day so will see what I should toss.

Have a fantastic day everyone!
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon decided to cut the lawn even thou its hot -hubby will help
    used my gap cash to get myself 2 tops 14.41 for one and 9.83 for another ,then thru in 2 xmas gift for the grandkids long sleeve turtleneck for Sebastian 5.90 and cara a onsie 7.86 plus had a giftcard left over so 18.36 on gift card so I paid 23.47 plus ebates also -cant beat those prices -hope I like the 2 short sleeve tops -my summer wardrobe is really lacking right now I am wearing a faded black marksworkwarehouse tank top from maybe 13 years ago -lol-I have like 5 casual tanks gonna work on my summer wardrobe when I am thrift shopping in the fall for next year

lunch was leftover roma pizza ,supper will be pasta

yeah -hubby fixed our bed -it is 6 years old and the 2 out of 3 legs broke underneath and it is on a laminate floor-they don't make steel frames that much anymore its all 3 little peg wooden legs screwed in -so they wouldn't screw back in so hubby made new wooden legs and I put a rubber swatch material underneath so they wouldnt shift if someone moves around in bed -lol
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wanted to go back to RCSS to get some of the Tourtiere pies that are on sale for $4.99 (save $6 the sign said)I can't make it for this price! since they only had 1 when I went shopping on Thursday. Oldest DS likes these so wanted to redeem for a bunch. Think I will go back Wednesday to get more since they have a long expiry date.

11 x PC cereals on for $2.98/$3.29- received 3000 pc pts on each
    1 x butter $2.98
    Apples on for .98 LB
    5 x $4.99 tourtiere pie

Total was $60.20. Redeemed $60 in PC PTs. Paid .20 cents. Received 33,000 points back
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Sep 17th, 2018 at 01:39 PM.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information