User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
Like Tree1210Likes

Thread: September 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (fall fair time)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

tip toeing back in . September was a right off. My dad passed away on the 24th. we had his funeral yesterday. 4.5 weeks in the hospital. way to many parking fees, tim hortons, take out .. ect.. but I was lucky enough to be able to take the last 5 days of his life off work and be with him at the hospital .
    I am very lucky to have been able to spend that time with him. it gives me peace.

however.. the takeout..oy.. the cost was .. ouch.. and the waistline.. oy.. my body cannot handle it. some days I was able to bring food.. but some days I stayed late.. or just was to tired...

i need to tighten a few budgets.. and just get things done. and clean my house.. i really want to just clean the house. .... alot... like alot alot. He had a private room at the end and they cleaned his bathroom ( that he didnt use.... ) top to bottom 2 times per day. I feel like I dont clean enough.....lol....

any hoo. it will be nice to be back
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

G-so sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. Glad though that you got to spend time with him . I am sure you clean plenty-kind of crazy to clean an unused bathroom twice per day but no doubt hospital infection prevention rules. It is totally understandable that the take out food budget went up-it will settle out now. I hope Oct and onwards are calmer for you as you resume your typical routine.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseledta-sorry to hear about your dad's passing -glad you got to spend time with him the last few days and remember sometimes were are frugal other times not
    I remember the take out food and parking fees when my mom was in hospital ,it sure adds up
    take time to rest yourself

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Giseledta I am sorry to hear of your dads passing. I totally understand what you are going through, it's been almost six months since my dad does and I still find myself eating my emotions. Now that it's time to get out the fall clothes my pants are screaming enough. Make sure you take time for yourself.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thanks guys. i am very glad that we had the resources to do the parking ect. and really happy i spent the time with both him and my mom. being able to be there for my mom . priceless
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    thanks guys. i am very glad that we had the resources to do the parking ect. and really happy i spent the time with both him and my mom. being able to be there for my mom . priceless
    Best gift for your mother was your time and presence during this very difficult life experience. Hugs to you and my condolences on your loss.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Will post this week some recipes spotted in new FFW magazine issue. What a grey day but it's comfortable for a walk and bobbing about here and there.
    Today was a quest to use a $25 off code for clothing that expires today to nab an item online (some sizes sold out-hope the fit works or yours truly will be taking the GO bus to do an exchange in-store).

October thread just posted. https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/428010...rvests-canada/

Lab closes in minutes. See you all tomorrow.
    Newfiescreech and Giseledta like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Giseledta I’m sorry to hear of your dad’s passing. I agree with others that it was priceless that you were there for your mom and dad during this difficult time. Take care of yourself.

I received an email from SnapMyEats. They will no longer be in Canada. They will still credit customers for their use until the end of September. Too bad because I enjoyed this app and the Amazon.ca gift cards that I earned.

When I processed my Swiss chard for the freezer I ended up with 5, 500ml containers of cooked Swiss chard in the freezer.

This afternoon our children attended another other birthday party. Our son and two daughter made the birthday card. We wrapped another set of SCOPed smelly Crayola crayons as the gift. It was a Halloween Themed Party. Our kids all wore costumes that were purchased second hand last year.

I need to continue meal planning. I haven’t baked any treats in about a month. I keep getting the urge to bake, but then something else gets in the way...sick kids, my physical pain or exhaustion, garden harvest, cleaning house, laundry, work, etc. My youngest daycare kid is supposed to be here less this month, but they still pay for a full-time spot. It’ll be nice since this little girl is the one who attends my daycare for the most hours per day.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Sep 30th, 2018 at 06:16 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So Sorry for you loss Giseledta

I still remember when my Nanny was in the hospital and yes the parking and the many night of take out just to spend a little more time with her
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    tip toeing back in . September was a right off. My dad passed away on the 24th. we had his funeral yesterday. 4.5 weeks in the hospital. way to many parking fees, tim hortons, take out .. ect.. but I was lucky enough to be able to take the last 5 days of his life off work and be with him at the hospital .
    I am very lucky to have been able to spend that time with him. it gives me peace.

however.. the takeout..oy.. the cost was .. ouch.. and the waistline.. oy.. my body cannot handle it. some days I was able to bring food.. but some days I stayed late.. or just was to tired...

i need to tighten a few budgets.. and just get things done. and clean my house.. i really want to just clean the house. .... alot... like alot alot. He had a private room at the end and they cleaned his bathroom ( that he didnt use.... ) top to bottom 2 times per day. I feel like I dont clean enough.....lol....

any hoo. it will be nice to be back
    Giseledta ..So sorry hear about your Dad’s Passing .. it was good that you got spend time with him ..Take good care yourself sweetie
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh cleaned the vacuum cleaner again...problem when you have very long hair. We picked up in the living room. I vacuumed the living room, hallway, and twins bedroom. I swept the kitchen floor and washed under the table. The dishes are all done for the night. Two loads of laundry are done and put away.

I traded a lady a medium sized butternut squash for a 250ml jar of raspberry jam. It was funny because when she delivered it she asked why I didn’t tell her who my husband was. I don’t usually include that in these conversations. It turns out Dh regularly volunteers with her through a local organization. She was happy to meet the kids and I.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

5:40am our twins walked into our bedroom and asked for breakfast. Early start to my day. While in the kitchen I noticed that we got snow overnight. It will melt today, but more snow is in the forecast.

I have another school age child starting this week, before/after school care. I’m pretty much at capacity. Wow, what a difference 1.5 months can make. No daycare kids on contract vs at capacity.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 1st, 2018 at 10:34 AM.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight I made rice, baked chicken breasts, boiled peas, and a fruit sauce.

I sold something for $3 today. We are currently getting the kids to finish some art and a letter to my younger sister. Our son is writing the letter. It’s hard work when you are in Grade 1.

Tomorrow is gymnastics night again. It’s also 10% off Tuesday. I’ll have to take our twins shopping with me.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 1st, 2018 at 09:34 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread Information