User Tag List

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1722Likes

Thread: October 2018 Frugal Chatter (last round of harvests)

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Just poking my head in after a long hiatus! August and September were so busy at home, at work, and somehow, there's always more laundry to be done. DD2 is transitioning clothes and they're both transitioning seasonal clothing so there's a whirlwind of clothing at ours.

Time to get back on the frugal bandwagon. It's been very expensive lately. However, I did meet up with a friend and picked up enough clothes from her daughter that I will only need a snowsuit and boots for DD1.

I do need to pick up a turkey this week. Anyone have suggestions on the best time of day to shop in grocery stores for the best selection? Times like this, I wish 24 hour grocery stores still existed. I'm up all night doing laundry anyways.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I like to shop when it first opens there is usually no one in there. if you go on sale days when they first bring it out watch out it will be really busy and people are short tempered.

Um I am really tired today not as tired as yesterday though. I hate getting all this broken up sleep lately. I need that day when I get a full 10hours in one go instead of 6hours here then after being awake for 4hours another 2.5hours of sleep.

My friend had asked me to look at cars with her yesterday i well didn’t get back to her I suppose she did look at cars. I did see the several of texts she sent me...I went to bed and then she kept texting until 2 am I was a little bothered my phone fell off my night stand into the garbage as it was on silent after the 6th text. I wasn’t ignoring her I was just trying to decide if it was wise for me to go car shopping. I had told her I said yes to lunch but I had to decide about this car shopping. In a text the next day I got a nasty message saying she wanted a answer last night I said I went to bed which was the honest truth. She pretend in other texts to say much later in the day to say sorry...I thought to myself ya okay I don’t accept that. She is a new friend and she uses me for things but pays for them but it’s more like a business relationship. I need boundaries that pertain to that I don’t think some things I should be doing anymore.

Currently 13C outside and sunny but there is rain called for the afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Tue, Oct 2nd, 2018 at 11:15 AM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lilo-have a great trip to England. Enjoy the break!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I also turned on the furnace as my floors were so cold. Have to get into savings mode as Christmas is coming which throws my budgeting off each year. I have been sneezing a lot and I hope it is just allergies as I don't want to be sick.

I still cant can't believe it is October already.....I still have my summer clothes out. Picked up a $15 vest at Old Navy (one day sale), it's so warm, perfect for fall weather.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Goals tonight before I sit down:

Get laundry on the go
    Clean out the fridge
    Plan tomorrow night's dinner and take out crockpot and needed from freezer.
    Clean 1 bathroom
    Fry up eggs so I can make DS quick egg mcmuffins in the morning.
    Pack our lunches
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

still feel a bit crappy but went to the library -got hubby a movie and my books from on hold
    also printed off my free booster juice cpn=redeemed it on the way home worth 7.00 -green matcha booster juice with a shot of echineshia
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Attachment 345200 My snowy back deck this morning-commuters weren't getting far this morning.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I looked at the forecast for the week (having printed it off yesterday)-my eyes sees three days that will feel over 30C! Not happy but the winds will be cool. Guess I'll have to cut grass tomorrow so I can work on being cool and comfortable Thursday to Monday.

Late in the afternoon yesterday, after removing things off of two shelving units, I discover the smaller metal unit is bolted to the mini-barn studs and the bigger wooden unit cannot be fully pulled out, just angled a little away. Fortunately the shelves do lift off and could be slid off the unit so I did that in order to sweep the shavings, dead insects (ladybugs and others), and dirt). Good thing I had the little camping lamp to add some light. FIve packs of yard waste bags had at least one bag in each pack chewed partially in the centre. Must have been hungry ants.

Plan to tackle the other wooden shelving unit and second metal unit today. Felt good to lob garbage bag and some junk out the doors!
    Have noticed my nose is sniffling and I've sneezed three times. Fall cold -better be a quick and short one.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My penny coin roll, started in October 2015, is five cents short. Since I did not get that roll filled and banked last month, I am keen to scour parking lots and cart carrels to find the last five coins this month.

I was looking online to see status of my order-in progress. That jacket is now listed as new and eureka it has all sizes available (not the case on Sunday). Spotted a second review and customer also noticed the larger fit of her size. Feeling ok that jacket will fit Mom.
    Furnace was on again this morning so I ran a few loads including the duvet cover from the parents' bed (the comforter is on the bed). Breakfast was made up of two servings of Quaker steel cut oats with brown sugar and cinnamon/hot water and a banana with a couple of pepper strips.

There was a bit of excitement earlier-a production crew was using the library for some scenes. A walking acquaintance said the show is The Good Witch but I do not know it.
    @greentires4me -your new friend is a taker (oh, I know this kind!!), one of five kinds of energy vampires. Will post tomorrow the other categories and how to deal with people like them from the new magazine. Good thing that you have a silent setting for your phone-sometimes it is best to prioritize your needs than to hop after others.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Just poking my head in after a long hiatus! August and September were so busy at home, at work, and somehow, there's always more laundry to be done. DD2 is transitioning clothes and they're both transitioning seasonal clothing so there's a whirlwind of clothing at ours.

Time to get back on the frugal bandwagon. It's been very expensive lately. However, I did meet up with a friend and picked up enough clothes from her daughter that I will only need a snowsuit and boots for DD1.

I do need to pick up a turkey this week. Anyone have suggestions on the best time of day to shop in grocery stores for the best selection? Times like this, I wish 24 hour grocery stores still existed. I'm up all night doing laundry anyways.
    How far away is your nearest RCSS or Sobeys Extra (24h) store? I'd suggest you shop tomorrow night (unless the Thursday flyers have some deals you want) because you never know how fast turkeys may sell out after Thursday. BTW, you can order a turkey kit at Sobeys if you pay today and earn 50 bonus AM. Kit comes with gravy and cranberry sauce too. Or you can elect to order a Thanksgiving platter online from Sobeys and pick it up in-store later in the week? Some platters feed 12-15 but there are a few 4-6 servings platters (gourmet sandwiches-there's a turkey option).
    https://www.sobeys.com/en/promotions...anksgiving2018

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lizzie bargain -hurray for more travel adventures in London. Any chance you'll visit Marks and Spencer or Liberty of London stores or will you strictly be sightseeing?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I redeemed $20 in PC pts last night at No frills. 4 packages of bacon at $2.97 each. over 6Lbs of apples (received 1200 pc pts back) English muffins and something else. Happy to have 6 packages of bacon on hand.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

A ginger bath in toasty water might help with cold symptoms. https://www.firstforwomen.com/posts/...enefits-167029

Hmm, I have some ginger tea combinations but I like drinking the teas.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

definitely will be going to Mark's and Spencer! At the very least I will purchase their butter mints and chocolate eclair candies-they also have sandwiches, salads etc which are good for a quick lunch while out walking or to take on the plane.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@Ciel - the good witch has Catherine bell the woman who played on JAG the character “Mac” and then was in Army Wives a season or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Tue, Oct 2nd, 2018 at 04:36 PM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information