User Tag List

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1722Likes

Thread: October 2018 Frugal Chatter (last round of harvests)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I am thankful you are all a wonderful crew of people!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I spent a long time vacuuming out my van this afternoon. The kids hung out with me in the front yard while I cleaned. It was my 3rd time using my new little shop vac that I bought with Swagbucks.

Lunch was home made waffles, leftover roast ham, and red grapes. Supper was a large salad with a bit of leftovers. After supper baked a pan of oatmeal chocolate chip squares.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 8th, 2018 at 11:23 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Tuesday! Hot day here today!
    No dinner plan tonight and I need to do some cleaning so dinner will either be bacon/eggs/toast or a pizza picked up on the way home. Will take out something for the slowcooker tomorrow.

This week is get the yard/house ready for winter. Basketball net needs to be moved. Gazebo down. Muskoka chairs all stacked etc. Back yard grass needs to be cut.
    I have my ipad charging today so I can post some stuff for sale tonight hopefully. I have tons of new in package toys to post for sale (stuff DS never opened or gifts I bought but not needed) so will make sure to have them all posted day before Child tax benefit comes out. (great Christmas gifts!) I need to make a run to the Salvation Army this week and drop off a load of stuff too (clothes and some odds and ends).

Hope everyone has a great week! I plan to make it a frugal one. No spending really. Will try and hold off till the weekend for groceries.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy Tuesday everyone. I am exhusted. not sure if it is the weather or hot flashes... but i a m hot. ugh.
    i have got a good week planned.. goal is 2 large garbage bags of clutter out.
    decorate for halloween... declutter that stuff as well.
    outside, i want ot put the bikes away, and take down the clothesline, as well as chairs..
    i am full on into fall cleaning mode.
    i need to go through my coupons, and figure out what ones to use up before they expire.
    if i get a solid hour, i will tackle my filing, and declutter my desk. that will help alot.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I see an extra redemption is coming up for SDM. I wish it was for RCSS I just can't get the same value at SDM really. I do have one big item for Christmas ($90 Cologne Sampler) that never goes on sale but really don't want to shop for things just to redeem for a higher value. I guess if they have stock on the Leadbetters burger patties and steak I could make it work. Will have to see what the upcoming flyer deals are.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseleta-I am exhusted too, still have my cold -had my daughter/hubby and sebastian here from sat til 5.00p.m yesterday -my dear daughter had severe strep throat as she went to a walk in clinic Monday morning he told her to bring the child back also ,so Sebastian has it too ,my throat is a tiny bit sore today but I hope I don't get it time will tell

I have a low grade fever so I am gonna go rest did hang one load out thou

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Took out a bag of chicken drumsticks from the freezer on my lunch. (paid .99LB in April) Will bake in oven and then clean from the bone. So tomorrow night's dinner will be chicken quesidias with ceaser salad and probably perogies for the boys (Making extra so DS can take for school lunch Thursday)
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This morning I only had one daycare kid, so I took everyone to the Family Centre. The Family Centre is nut free. Morning snack was home made oatmeal chocolate chip square and dried cranberries. Lunch was bananas, leftover home made waffles, and milk. Tonight’s supper plan is home made hamburgers, potato wedges?, carrot sticks, and romaine salad.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Oct 9th, 2018 at 04:07 PM. Reason: darn auto correct made for an interesting read.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We are back home and laundry is all caught up, it was a whirlwind vacation for sure but the grandparents were so happy to have us join them. My father in law is 92 so chances like this will not come again. Last month he bought himself an iPad and I was so pleased to see the boys FaceTime him tonight to thank him again for the trip. He paid for it all right down to the cost of kennelling the dog. He has announced he can’t take the money with him so he wants to enjoy it now. We are so fortunate to have him.
    We took advantage of the warm weather and did bbq burgers for dinner. We only eat burgers when bbqed so I want to use them up before winter.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    On Monday we did not get as much done as I had planned but oh well it happens.

So far we have turned 1 package of Ground Beef into Meatloaf, using some Ground Pork we had in the freezer. In total we had 1 Meatloaf Monday night for dinner (it was a large meatloaf, we should have made it a little smaller), plus 3 more for the freezer for a later time.

Last night after work I ran into No Frills to grab another packaged of Ground Pork (on sale for $2.97/lb) so we can make Meatballs. We will use another packaged of Ground Beef plus the Ground Pork for Meatballs which will packaged in dinner serving size packages and frozen.

Well at No Frills I also grabbed Cheese (on sale for $3.77), a couple packaged of Shrimps (on sale for $4.97), a couple packages of Bacon (on sale for $2.97) and a couple packages of Eggs (on sale for $1.99).

This weekend we will be packing a big batch of Cheese Sauce to be frozen for quick meals. It can either be turned into Mac & Cheese or Queso. As well I plan to do some baking for some quick grab and go breakfasts so the eggs will more than likely be gone as well.

Normally I do not buy Shrimp, a little more pricey than I like but figured 2 bags would give us 2 meals that are different. This is a huge goal for me to work some new dishes into our routine, some days it feels like we only have about 5 different meals we eat and we just keep rotating (I know we have more but it feels like we just keep eating the same things).

As of right now our plan is to shop tomorrow, I have to find a dress for an event next week for work and then buy any groceries we might need. Friday we will clean the freezers and clear the dinning room table. Saturday and Sunday will be spent cooking and prepping food for the freezer.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, time to get back to work.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. its going t o be hot! decided yesterday we were going to do a picnic today for lunch, the kids will love that.
    tried again to get my pedicure in last night, place was packed. so that didnt happen. and later in the evening.. mil called, she was having tighness in her chestt.. off to the hospital.. drs did tests.. it was nothing. this happens frequently....

on for today , same old same old.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My amazon package came in a giant huge aunty acid saying mug it’s a 20oz it’s massive. I was looking for a Brita filter but I guess I gave it away. I put on a new duvet cover I found in my cupboard.

My mom was suppose to drop off bottled water last night at 8pm but she called me to tell me she be another hour. I was a little ticked off to say the least when she told me one time but in actual fact it was an hour later. She said she would drop it off today and I arranged a time with her at noon. We found out our town is polluted with lead in the water. Hence the bottled water that I drink. But I don’t think I am totally safe I shower in the water and skin is the largest organ of the body. Ugh .

I am suppose to be receiving another package today from amazon, it’s part of one the rest of that order is coming by next week. It’s 1kg of chocolate covered raisins by Yupik.

I think I need to go back to sleep catch ya on the flip side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I was up 3 times in the night ,my throat is killing me -so pretty sure I have strep throat (gonna call the doctor as soon as they open )its kind of hard when you have a 2 year old and he is coughing ,I figured I may get it as we didn't know daughter and Sebastian had it til Monday morning

2 beautifull days and I am out of commission -yesterday we had left over sandwiches for supper as I was too feverish and tired

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well I was up 3 times in the night ,my throat is killing me -so pretty sure I have strep throat (gonna call the doctor as soon as they open )its kind of hard when you have a 2 year old and he is coughing ,I figured I may get it as we didn't know daughter and Sebastian had it til Monday morning

2 beautifull days and I am out of commission -yesterday we had left over sandwiches for supper as I was too feverish and tired
    Poor Grandma of young ones that go to daycare. My mom is sick all the time too and I bet it is from my niece too.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

We have a -13 wind-chill this morning!

I am much more 'myself ' so that is very good news. Tiny steps, tiny improvements... I sure have to restrain myself, but I just can't take any risk by overdoing things.
    Will be getting the staples out on my chest today.

Thanks again, everyone, for the continued good wishes and kind words!
    @coupon girl wishing you a speedy recovery!

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information