User Tag List

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1722Likes

Thread: October 2018 Frugal Chatter (last round of harvests)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to Walmart earlier today. It turned into a very long shopping trip and I was glad that they kids stayed home with Dh. I got $1.50 for Dairyland milk on CO51. I taught a couple of women about SCOP. One of the women let me send her my referral link for CO51 and Caddle, which will earn both of us money. She’s going to get her daughter to sign up, she has 4 children. I ran into a couple of old friends.

4x $2 Blackberries (pm’d cO-OP) - $1 coup = $1

SCOPed the following 7 items = $0
    Beehive corn syrup, Lily White corn syrup, Goldfiah cheddar extreme, Cookies and cream Pop Tarts, Original Breton bites crackers, Garden Vegetable Breton crackers, Original Breton crackers.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Stayed frugal most of this weekend but discovered an online Clinique bonus that is decent, free shipping and no cosmetic salesperson pressure. I have been holding out but ran out of blush this weekend. I'm using up all of my freebies and samples and decided to treat myself.

Lots of people at the dog park today, we popped into Mcdonalds as I love their egg/bacon on a bagel. Found out that McDonald's uses fresh eggs, whereas Tim Hortons uses mixed up eggs (cracked, rejects,etc) from containers, and that McDonalds supports local farmers - this information came from an actual egg farmer at the fall fair last weekend. With all of the stuff in the US, I like to support Canada as much as possible. I have cut down significantly on made in China and US purchases whenever possible.

Picked up a decent heavy duty bird feeder that I neighbour put out for junk day. Will try it next week as the squirrels keep getting into my current feeder.

I turned on the furnace today as my house is 61 degrees brrrrr - I hate cold floors even with socks on.

And the best part was yesterday I popped into Cogeco's store as my bill was getting high as the promos ran out - the clerk at their store gave me a great price, better than before - every little bit helps. The amount I save will go towards Christmas gifts.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sun, Oct 14th, 2018 at 07:27 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    All and all a good day here. Laundry is done folded and put away.

Ground Pork has been broken down and packaged (7 packages in the freezer for later use). All and all we got 17 bags of Meatballs for later use. As well we have a whole package of Ground Beef which has been cooked and we will divide up into freezer bags for use later (I am thinking Crock Pot Meals since I always brown the meat first anyways).

We have 3 large containers of Chili in the fridge which needs to be divided up and frozen.

I feel like we got a fair amount done today but I still feel like there is so much to be done tomorrow night after work.

This week will be a busy week for me, I have a number of meetings and an event after work Thursday night. Originally half Bro was supposed to be bringing his gf to the event Thursday night but now he cannot make it so now me and his gf are going together which will be nice as the event is about an hour away. I have become much closer to half bro and his gf now that she also works with us.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night and great start to their week.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yesterday was a totally wasted day for me. Guess sometimes you just have to do nothing so you don't get sick etc. When I finally got going at 7pm I did go grab a few groceries at RCSS and SDM.
    Tonight- Finish the laundry and put it all away.
    I did empty the dishwasher this morning and clean the kitchen before I left so at least that was done.
    I need to take something out of freezer tonight for the crockpot in the morning. Will prep carrots to go in crockpot too since we have lots to use up.
    Cleaned up the budget from the weekend. Didn't really go shopping at all which was good. Well did hit Costco and spend $130 basically all on me I never do that lol but happy with my haul. And they had nice undies marked down to $6.97 for a 4 pack (lacy French cut) which is a great price! Underwear and socks are so expensive now!!

Have a fantastic week everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nice deal on the undies frugalbigmama -i remeber just 7 years ago I use to get undies in a bin at zellers for .25 marked down and socks are so expensive I find half the time they don't fit me as I am a ladies size 9 feet and I am sure they make the majority of socks for smaller feet -I tend to watch the bay and when they have free shipping on certain Fridays I ordered one or 2 pairs reduced for me -hot socks they are called I know have a birthday ,butterfly and a few various other funky well made socks for 2.50-3.60 a pair

I am staying today and will make banana muffins later -gonna have my homemade soup today

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I found a very tiny spot on my front tooth about a month ago. It didn’t bother me, but I could see it. I saw the dentist this morning and she basically polished it off. It was a small spot of staining. I was happy to have that confirmed and fixed. I was driving Dh nuts because I was obsessing over it.

I have some meal planning done. I will be going to Sobeys this evening to pick up some deals. I ordered sesame seed bagels and will redeem my rain check for them. I have some coupons and rebates planned.

Chapmans website has adult t-shirts available with a brand new design.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 15th, 2018 at 11:28 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    nice deal on the undies frugalbigmama -i remeber just 7 years ago I use to get undies in a bin at zellers for .25 marked down and socks are so expensive I find half the time they don't fit me as I am a ladies size 9 feet and I am sure they make the majority of socks for smaller feet -I tend to watch the bay and when they have free shipping on certain Fridays I ordered one or 2 pairs reduced for me -hot socks they are called I know have a birthday ,butterfly and a few various other funky well made socks for 2.50-3.60 a pair

I am staying today and will make banana muffins later -gonna have my homemade soup today
    Yes, I use to look in the loose underwear bin for my boys all the time (Boxers for .99 was a deal!) I would sometimes find some for me as well (this is at Walmart) I look the odd time now but never seem to find anything.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ok I have decided that I am going to have a super frugal week! Will work hard on planning meals with food on hand. Shouldn't be too bad since I bought broccoli, mushrooms, celery etc on Friday.

Will make a roast tomorrow with carrots, broccoli, mashed potatoes, gravy.

I want to make a potato bacon soup in the crock pot since oldest DS said he likes that now. I have 5 packages of bacon in fridge and potatoes to use up so now is the time.

I'm going to take out a peameal roast tonight and thaw it over night. Tomorrow night I will slice it up and cook in the oven on a cookie sheet. Will fry up eggs for quick egg/peameal/cheese on English muffin for DS for breakfast. I bought hamburger buns yesterday reduced so can put peameal and cheese on a bun for his lunch Wed and Thursday

I need to post 10 items tonight for sale and continue to do so every night this week. I also need to sort the winter wear and post the too small coats for sale and purchase new one for DS. (Will aim to make enough money to pay for new coat!) I also have new in package items (toys/gifts) to post for sale this week. I have been slacking!
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Surprise in my mail today - I have been chosen to sample Royale products. Inside the box: Kleenex,napkins, toilet paper and paper towels 🙂. A wonderful surprise to a rainy cool day.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I stopped by a local sushi restaurant for a Yam tempura roll just waiting for it to be cooked.

I got an indigo order in the mail today it was a large box for a small little item. Me and friend of mine used my account to order it, I scored by getting points. I believe I will get the rest of the order tomorrow.

I have an appointment tomorrow as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm still blowing my nose intermittently but it seems sinus-related for two days (most the coughing is over too, thankfully). Will take a box of tissues with me tomorrow in case I have issue at my appointment. Have been eating seasoned foods on the weekend but want to stay with more neutral flavours today.

Did two can walks yesterday. $1.10 first time. Found 2 McDonald's Monopoly stickers but tore one by mistake. Binned them.
    Today had 30 cents in containers and found a quarter on the parking lot! I also found someone's PC Optimum keytag in the Walmart parking lot last night, so will take the tag to Shoppers on my walk home.

Bought a 99 cent Del Monte juice tetra yesterday with money as we are almost out of juice. Have compiled a grocery list of items needing restock this week.

While at Walmart checking men's PJs, I saw murky grey toned plaid flannel bottoms but not flannel PJ sets. Did see a new cotton PJ set-medium blue with white grid design. No large set. Guess someone at home will have to wear his now tearing flannel bottoms for a lot longer. I stopped to look at two different Walmart parkas for women. $49.97 one in wine with blingy goldtone zipper and storm cuffs but no snap cover or hood. $59.97 one with attached fur trim on hood and more muted snaps/zipper but with storm flap and no storm cuffs. I still like the Giant Tiger offerings better.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I must admit I am happy with what I got done yesterday after work. It was not my whole to do list as part way through my back started to really hurt so I had to take some breaks. Gotta figure out what is going on with my back as the pain is not from my fall at Christmas as that was my lower back, this past week it was been my mid to upper back.

I put a few dishes in the dishwasher and turned it on, I wanted to empty and re load as really it should have already been turned on the day before as it was full. But my back was really bothering me at this point since you cannot run the dishwasher until after 7 pm so when it was done I just went to bed. I never run the dishwasher well we sleep.

I also packaged up all of the cooked ground beef into packages for the freezer. I got I believe 9 bags so 9 future meals. As well I packaged up the Chili for later meals, in total I got 9 bags as well, each 1 will be 1 meals for Mom or 2 meals for me as I put my over pasta and usually add veggies to it so I can stretch it out to 2 meals.

I also cleaned the bathroom except for the floor, I forgot the upstairs swiffer is in the basement and by the time I was done the rest of the bathroom I only had a couple of minutes before my dinner was ready. I will do the floor tonight or tomorrow night, we will see.

As well I washed up the containers that the Ground Beef and Chili were in along with some dishes from making my lunch. I made myself some Lemon Chia Seed Pudding for my breakfasts this week. I am really trying to focus on eating better this week as I found the last few weeks I have not been taking as much food with me to work and not really a real lunch and I can feel that my body does not agree with the change. I have decided each weekend going forward we need to make at least 2 dishes to put in the fridge to use for lunches or dinners as we eat best when we do this. Best part is, it is now soup season so one of these dishes can be a soup.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I better get back to work as I am going to be kicked out of my office shortly for a meeting.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    I must admit I am happy with what I got done yesterday after work. It was not my whole to do list as part way through my back started to really hurt so I had to take some breaks. Gotta figure out what is going on with my back as the pain is not from my fall at Christmas as that was my lower back, this past week it was been my mid to upper back.

I put a few dishes in the dishwasher and turned it on, I wanted to empty and re load as really it should have already been turned on the day before as it was full. But my back was really bothering me at this point since you cannot run the dishwasher until after 7 pm so when it was done I just went to bed. I never run the dishwasher well we sleep.

I also packaged up all of the cooked ground beef into packages for the freezer. I got I believe 9 bags so 9 future meals. As well I packaged up the Chili for later meals, in total I got 9 bags as well, each 1 will be 1 meals for Mom or 2 meals for me as I put my over pasta and usually add veggies to it so I can stretch it out to 2 meals.

I also cleaned the bathroom except for the floor, I forgot the upstairs swiffer is in the basement and by the time I was done the rest of the bathroom I only had a couple of minutes before my dinner was ready. I will do the floor tonight or tomorrow night, we will see.

As well I washed up the containers that the Ground Beef and Chili were in along with some dishes from making my lunch. I made myself some Lemon Chia Seed Pudding for my breakfasts this week. I am really trying to focus on eating better this week as I found the last few weeks I have not been taking as much food with me to work and not really a real lunch and I can feel that my body does not agree with the change. I have decided each weekend going forward we need to make at least 2 dishes to put in the fridge to use for lunches or dinners as we eat best when we do this. Best part is, it is now soup season so one of these dishes can be a soup.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I better get back to work as I am going to be kicked out of my office shortly for a meeting.
    I've been slacking with the food prep for work too. I officially started back at the gym yesterday (eat my lunch at my desk and then go later in the afternoon) so I need to bring my lunch/snacks to work.
    Tonight I will make oatmeal and put in mason jars with almond milk and strawberries. Breakfast for the next 3 days. Will cook up chicken tonight and make salad with chicken for the next 3 days as well. I have everything on hand needed so no excuses.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@SassyAshley I would say go get X-rays in your back maybe visit a massage therapist it helped me greatly to go to one. What fall did you have last Christmas?

Soup season...I never heard of fall being soup season. That’s new I knew it as the squash and root vegetable time.

Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I fell in the shower just after Christmas last year which injured my lower back.

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    @SassyAshley I would say go get X-rays in your back maybe visit a massage therapist it helped me greatly to go to one. What fall did you have last Christmas?

Soup season...I never heard of fall being soup season. That’s new I knew it as the squash and root vegetable time.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information