User Tag List

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1722Likes

Thread: October 2018 Frugal Chatter (last round of harvests)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.
    found out last night i won a large bag of the dog food my puppies like. that is a savings!!
    did the caddle videos, checkd co 51.. 1 video there. checkedout my pc offers.

grocery should be small this week. i may pick up some chicken strips for middle child to take back to collage.. - saleé bonus points
    i need t o chat with oldest about donation drop off...
    i need to do a bit of menu planning as well. ..... i have enough food.. just need to figure out what we want to eat. lol.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    good morning all.
    found out last night i won a large bag of the dog food my puppies like. that is a savings!!
    did the caddle videos, checkd co 51.. 1 video there. checkedout my pc offers.

grocery should be small this week. i may pick up some chicken strips for middle child to take back to collage.. - saleé bonus points
    i need t o chat with oldest about donation drop off...
    i need to do a bit of menu planning as well. ..... i have enough food.. just need to figure out what we want to eat. lol.
    Free Dog food! Awesome! I always feel good when the dogs food bin is full. Just like when our fridge is full

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I am slacking so much with the big home cooked meals. We didn't do take out but just made bacon and eggs last night.

I had a peameal roast cooked in the slow cooker yesterday but we didn't eat it. Will toss a bag of fries in the oven and slice up the roast for tonight. Will whip up a quick ceaser salad too most likely and cook the 3 strips of bacon in fridge (last of opened package)

Tried to do some errands last night but the power had gone out and then CT and SDM were having computer issues so either could not re-open!

Switched the laundry last night and put away the clean stuff. This morning I folded the stuff in the dryer and moved the stuff from washer to dryer. Work in progress but it is getting done. I will get on it as soon as I get home from work tonight. Youngest is away for the weekend so will strip his bed in the morning and toss in washer so I can hang it up to dry tomorrow afterwork. (since it has a few days to dry!)

Have a great day everyone

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

made a lovely chicken supper last night -chicken breasts, potatoes (got the little ones on for clearance for 1.49 yesterday after the dentist) and fresh green beans

tonight may go out for supper ,our get together time hubby and I ,since we are babysitting the girls sat night for son -daughter/family is coming here after a family party on her hubby's side sat night ,we will watch Sebastian on sunday morning

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Here I am in Croatia-it is beautiful here and the people are very friendly. Got up early and took the city bus($1) to the Dubrovnik Old Town Walls( where Game of Thrones was filmed). Not that I have seen that show. Walking up and down the steps and around the walls was a workout but well worth it for the history and the beautiful sea views. Managed to finish just as the hordes of cruise ship tourists descended-and apparently the "high" season is over. Looks like a lovely place to retire-I am staying out of the main town near the beach in a charming 100 year old hotel. Tomorrow I am going on a day trip to Montenegro. To Venice On Saturday and back home next Wednesday.
    Wow-lucky you! Mom has never been there and I'd love to be a tourist for a couple of days there. Not sure I'd love cobblestones for long but for two days, I'd make an effort. I am aware of some acquaintances who summer in Croatia each year and they enjoy their summer homes and gardens and sunshine. A relative of a family friend was in Dubrovnik last year during the start of high season.

Montenegro (Crna Gora-literally Black Mountain or Height).

Venice-the late Anthony Bourdain found some shops there that the locals know about but most cruise ship visitors don't know about. If you go on a gondola, hope you have a trusty provider or recommended one and a firm price.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Speaking of laundry and power outage-I managed to have most of laundry done by 10:30am at which point someone from Hydro One knocked on the door and said something about replacing the hydro meter. I've no idea if the new meter will communicate as the other one (about 3 yrs old) is supposedly not communicating (and yes I read those news reports about some hydro meters being faulty and their utility customers having to deal with the meters and billing issues). Kind of fun to see 00000 as the meter reading. Glad I did most washing and drying last night, with some items flung on the basement clotheslines then today, getting a couple of loads done and dried. Can't always wait for a right time-backlog is not fun to discover!

Sampled 6 bags of the Sunkist fruit gummies I bought yesterday-yummy! Must not indulge much more or there won't be treats for anyone who shows up on Oct.31.

Noticed Mom and brother went grocery shopping so larger staple needs were bought. Today I picked up salted butter and a bag of Munchies (I ate bro's bag of it so...). Made a banana loaf this morning and it's ok. First time in weeks I've baked. Want muffins now...

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

One year and one month since I painted my bedroom (and still no motivation to deal with trim paint or windows). One year since I spray painted my radiator (still love the toaster oven aroma when the heat is on). Found out about a possible flying visit by a relative in 4 weekends' time and I'm trying to figure what tweaks at home are possible to freshen the decor somewhat. Was getting into a state yesterday then wrote out what I wanted vs what's more reasonable to expect. Stepping back and taking a breath and a budget reality check.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

budget checks are always a good thing. hugs

ok friday. going to be a rough one. and i need to talk to the plumber down the street.. he does side work sometimes.. and i have a clogged toilet.
    youngest twisted her ankle... it was swollen last night, i am hoping it is better today
    middle child isback tonight from sheridan.... i miss them.

and on to tea number 1. as this will be a i am going to need to be caffinated day
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Youngest needs clothing (pants!!!) He wears a uniform to school so he has made do till now. He asked me this morning for a Hollister hoody. All I was thinking $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Checked online and they have clearance sale on! Up to 60% off! So shopping I went. Spent $108 and my haul was:

Hoody for youngest DS for now
    For Christmas:

3 pk boxers x 2
    t-shirts x 5
    long sleeve tshirts x 2

Not bad at all!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yep xmas shopped again this morning at the bay for the grandkids -free shipping today

yesterday bleached my few dishcloth`s as they were starting to smell and I wash them every 2nd day -so I am in need of a few new dishcloths will wait til I see really good sales

today need to vacuum and wash kitchen floors

-I am so addicted to this puzzle I got at talize the other day -its a kitchen puzzle (all various kitchen items in the puzzle plus small pink creatures thruout each picture is in a wooden frame type too ) 1,000 piece -I normally don't have a puzzle on the go when grandkids are around but daughter will be here sat night when we are babysitting the girls so I told her don't let Sebastian near the dining room table -let`s hope

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Free work lunch out today. Really wanted to take today off but at least the day is almost over and I can plan another day off instead.

The sun is shining here today. Enjoy it while we can.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

plumbing fixed. 100.00 done. he is a nice guy as well.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    plumbing fixed. 100.00 done. he is a nice guy as well.
    A few months ago my oldest grabbed his hair brush and it caught the shaving cream lid and tossed it into the toilet just as he flushed. We could not get it out. Even took the toilet off and tried. I wanted to replace it anyway and bought one at Costco that I love!) Kids and toilets!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Ciel Old Navy has been having one day sales on weekends - I picked up a winter vest 3 weeks ago for only $15 and last Saturday they had their winter coats on for $25.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Went to the dentist yesterday for a cleaning, everything is good. Found two more mice in the traps in the basement, I have cats but they prefer the main floor. My first cat ignored mice so I thought a second cat would be different but no.....do I get a third one??? Debating whether to call someone in to see exactly where they are coming in from. Have to do a furnace cleaning soon, oh the joy of colder weather.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information