User Tag List

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1722Likes

Thread: October 2018 Frugal Chatter (last round of harvests)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Happily, my towel order from the Bay arrived Monday afternoon! There were two inserts-a promotional code for using Booking.com and a card promoting a wealth site. Think I'm going to avoid online personal shopping except for a test grocery order for the next two months.
    The cardboard box will be used to store magazines or books-just the right size.

The gloomy sky has me thinking of hot chocolate or tea for tonight. Yes, changes in light levels can be a real kick to the brain emotionally.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah finished my puzzle -it was so intriguing and fun -kitchen puzzle ,on to a new one a picture of a building in quebec

supper was a lovely chicken breast hubby and I shared as it was a big one ,mashed potatoes and peas ,dessert I made peanut butter cookies

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Oh my I am so tired, exhausted more like I bought ethnies shoes today from a store original price was 115$ I got them for sale price $60 came to with tax 67.20$. I bought a new wallet from Bentley for $11.20 with tax it was also on sale for 10$. To my phone I probably walked a whole heck of a lot over 8.5km over 10k of steps. My feet really really hurt. Plus the new shoes one would figure they would hurt after awhile. it calls for rain tomorrow good thing I got new shoes too. The bottoms were blown on my old pair. I need to toss them out I just haven’t gotten there yet. I was waiting for something the whole night from some place and I finally got it and they wanted to sell it on me to someone else. Which pissed me off they said they wanted to give someone a deal I said no there mine fair and square. I didn’t want to wait around for the but but butts I took off upstairs to my apartment where I am now with my feet up.

I need to go to bed I been awake since 6:30am and it’s now 8:30pm.

I gotta grocery shop on Friday no frills is having a dollar days I will shop after my appointment which is at 9:30am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a good shop at No Frills this evening. $90.xx, earned 9,500pts, $1 back on CO51. I read a text message as I was leaving the store. I was chatting with a customer at the time...telling him about the app because he forgot his points card. The text was from my grandma. Her oldest daughter, my aunt, dies suddenly this evening. Aunt’s birthday is on November 11. My grandparents had celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary last December. The male customer offered to push my cart to my vehicle. He chatted with me, helped me load the groceries, etc. He insisted on giving me a toonie for the cart and returned the cart for me. He made sure I was safe to drive home, offered various options to get myself and my vehicle home safely. It was very unexpected, but nice of him.

My aunt was the oldest of 5 children. My grandparents were told to put her in a home and forget about her. My grandparents raised her and she lived in group homes some years when she was an adult. She had a job and was pretty happy. We almost lost her about 5yrs ago. She has had some health problems, but her passing was sudden. They live about 6hrs away from us. It is unlikely that we will be able to attend the funeral.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Oct 25th, 2018 at 12:16 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Kids wet the bed today, so I’ve washed and dried a total of 6 loads of laundry today. Some of it will wait until tomorrow to be put away. I sold more pickled beets for another $28. We enjoyed some time outside with the kids on bikes and scooters. Drew some pictures on the driveway with chalk. My SampleSource arrived with lots of goodies.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Angela - i am so sorry for your loss.

i am working on decluttering my home. my oldest works a 2 min drive from value village. and she has been doing weekly trips there for me . i am really starting to like how my house is looking. it is easier to keep it clean as well.

i have a busy saturday coming up.. dump run, trip to home depot and walmart should be a good one. Also Dh is on driving duty for a wedding . sigh.
    sunday might be better... i am hoping for a home day
    already did a load of laundry , folded towels . i have 3 more baskets to put away

tomorrow is a pd day here. i have a busy day,
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post

i am working on decluttering my home. my oldest works a 2 min drive from value village. and she has been doing weekly trips there for me . i am really starting to like how my house is looking. it is easier to keep it clean as well.

i have a busy saturday coming up.. dump run, trip to home depot and walmart should be a good one. Also Dh is on driving duty for a wedding . sigh.
    already did a load of laundry , folded towels . i have 3 more baskets to put away

PD day here tomorrow too. Don't they just seem to sneak up on you?? DS and his friend were in the dining room sitting at the table talking when I got home from work yesterday. My kid said that tomorrow was his last day for the week (they go to different schools) and I was think "oh ya I did know that" Glad I didn't take Friday off with the plan to have the house to myself and get stuff done lol
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Oct 25th, 2018 at 10:03 AM.
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So sorry for your loss Angela.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I had a good shop at No Frills this evening. $90.xx, earned 9,500pts, $1 back on CO51. I read a text message as I was leaving the store. I was chatting with a customer at the time...telling him about the app because he forgot his points card. The text was from my grandma. Her oldest daughter, my aunt, dies suddenly this evening. Aunt’s birthday is on November 11. My grandparents had celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary last December. The male customer offered to push my cart to my vehicle. He chatted with me, helped me load the groceries, etc. He insisted on giving me a toonie for the cart and returned the cart for me. He made sure I was safe to drive home, offered various options to get myself and my vehicle home safely. It was very unexpected, but nice of him.

My aunt was the oldest of 5 children. My grandparents were told to put her in a home and forget about her. My grandparents raised her and she lived in group homes some years when she was an adult. She had a job and was pretty happy. We almost lost her about 5yrs ago. She has had some health problems, but her passing was sudden. They live about 6hrs away from us. It is unlikely that we will be able to attend the funeral.
    So sorry to hear News about your aunt Angela ..sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family ..take good care yourself and treasure all your wonderful memories that you have of your aunt .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I have been MIA for a few days as not even 30 minutes after I posted Thursday morning I received a phone call from my Step Mom that my Oma (Grandmother) had passed the night before. I am not sure I have shared much about my Oma as honestly the past few years have not been kind to her. I believe it was back in my early teens she got Shingles behind her eyes, due to it being behind her eyes they never cleared up. In my mid teens she was diagnosed with Parkinson's. Then the Alzheimer came. My brother and his gf have been together 5 year and as long as his gf has been with him Oma has not recognized any of us and was very close to bed bound. Her caregivers (3 wonderful women who live with Oma & Opa and take care of both of them) did everything to try to keep her mobile but it was a losing battle. With these being said our whole family is so grateful as we have been told without them we would have lost her years ago but there care had kept her with us.

Labour Day weekend we celebrated her 90th Birthday party as a family. I do believe this was a blessing as the whole family was able to see her one last time as I will be honest it was difficult to see and most of did not visit as often as we should have.

The family as a whole is filled with mixed emotions, we have a sense of relief that we now know she is no longer in pain and is with Uncle (her son who passed as a teenager 50 years ago) but at the same time she is no longer here. Although she was no longer Oma there was a sense of comfort that if you ever needed to talk she was in her room.

Since we found out it has been a whirlwind of things going on. My Dad had decided we were still attend the Gala Thursday night which is weird they called it a Gala as it was actually an Award Ceremony for local businesses. Our company was nominated and won. It was hard as none of was wanted to get dressed up and go but at the same time it was a nice distraction and it meant a good part of the family spent the night together.

Thursday was a hard day as our initial intention was not to tell anyone at work yet as we did not know who knew and didn't know within the family. A family friend who works for the company had found out and took it upon themselves to let everyone know even after I asked them to please not say anything. Before I knew it my whole location knew and I will be honest I was pissed.

Friday was no better as this was when the funeral arrangements came out and the email was not clear if it was a public or private service so again our intention was to say nothing. But again the same family friend found out and told everyone so my office became a revolving door of people coming in and calling asking if they could attend and I did not know the answer as my Opa had initially said only those who attended her birthday party at the funeral. Luckily later in the afternoon my Dad sent an email letting the whole company know what had happened along with the arrangements.

Friday night we did Pizza at bro's house for anyone who wanted to come as my cousin and his family were in town. Saturday the girls (myself, my cousin's wife and bro's gf) arranged to do baking for the viewing. I believe it is because a number of staff were coming to the viewing as not everyone could take Monday off the funeral they wanted to have trays for people to have a snack and a coffee if they wished. I think in total we made like 10 different items. Well we did the bro and cousin went suite shopping with Opa. As well Sis decided to come down and hang out with us and we did a big pasta dinner for anyone who wanted to come.

Sunday we had the viewing and yesterday was another viewing the funeral.

I have to admit I am emotionally and physically drained so I have opted to work from home. I think I need sometime for me but am still keeping on top of my work stuff, due to running a family business we cannot all be off. Although we will be off again Friday as on Friday we will bury her Ashes with my Uncle.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    So sorry to hears news Sassy Ashley about your Oma ..sending you and your family my thoughts and prayers and treasure all your wonderful memories of Oma ..take good care yourself sweetie

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

so sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt angela

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well out the door I went at 9.00 a.m to value village as I had a 30% off donation card that was filled
    I spent $58.45 but I got a lot of stuff
    -a white fleece lined marksworkwarehouse fall hoodie (very warm)tag still on it 69.99 I paid 22.99-30%=16.09 it does have a small pink stain on back of sleeve and top back so hoping they come out
    -jones new York top blue multi -3/4 length sleeve 8.99-30%=6.29
    -laura black polyester dressy top 7.99-30%=5.59
    4 hot wheels still in pkg 2.99-30%=2.09 or .52 cents each
    chaps suede gloves for hubby 5.99-30%-4.19 they are like new too
    a new leather belt for hubby 10.99-30%=7.69
    -pair of sweatpants for me grey 8.99-30%=6.29 I love that they are bell bottomed not cuffed
    of course a puzzle ravensburger 4.99-30%=3.49

so very happy with my haul I have never spent that much there was there for 2 hours looking thru all the stuff-saved 22.20 from getting 30% off
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post

Does't it feel great to declutter? I'm off track again but hope to rid my office of paperwork galore.

My condolences to the members losing family on this forum.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 Sad to hear of your aunt's passing. What a kindness from the customer you just helped who helped you in return.

Laundry--I'm at the point where short wash cycles (I interrupt them and get them onto to the rinse cycle-very short etc.) are the only way to go for frequently laundered items (quick soaking in suds if needed beforehand). Bedding and Dad's sleepwear have been cycling daily or every other day in the laundry room, depending on the situation. I am missing the weather conditions suitable for line drying outdoors. The dryer has been in use daily and I could cry about how much time I fight over the damp dry state the first time round all laundry goes through their cycles. Wish the old dryer had not had issues--it got the drying done!
    Angela273, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went to No Frills on my lunch since there were some things I wanted to pick up. Spend $21 and redeemed $20 in points so a cheap little shop. My PC PTs are sitting just about $500. Waiting for the Black Friday sale and see what deals are to be had. Loved last year when I bought my smart tv for bedroom, 4 x the large bacon (I so hope they have this on again!!) and a few other things and paid something like 60 cents after redeeming points.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information