User Tag List

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1722Likes

Thread: October 2018 Frugal Chatter (last round of harvests)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Ceil yes my Opa is more mobile and still involved in the company so we do see him more often, although I only found out recently that he does have some health concerns as well. I am going to be honest right now I do not really want to think about until everything for Oma is taken care of.

We have the interment of her Ashes tomorrow, she will be buried with my Uncle who passed when he was a teenager 50 years ago.

I did some grocery shopping last night, got some good produce deals but nothing really lined up with my PC Points. I was disappointed in my points last week, I forgot to save my offers from the week before and I only got 9 offers most of which for items we have never bought. Yesterday I got:
    1 x Iceburg Lettuce
    6 x Bananas
    2 x Mushrooms
    4 x Potatoes
    2 x Carrots
    1 x Celery
    1 x Milk

I had a disagreement with PC Points online chat last night. Neither mine nor Mom`s points were on our account but they showed on our receipt. The person on chat was insistent that neither of us scanned our cards at the store which makes no sense. How did it show points on my receipt for digital offers if my card was not scanned. I think there was a PC issue as they showed up today.

Not much else going on other than I have come down with a cold. Pretty sure it is from the emotions of everything, when I get super emotional I seem to get sick. I have not slept the last 2 nights so I have asked Mom to grab me some night time sinus meds for me to take tonight. She will grab these on her way home from work.

My house needs so much attention right as I got nothing done on the weekend but now with my cold it is a slow go. I am working slowly to get everything done.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quick meet the teacher night at DS's school tonight. No leftovers from last night's dinner Tonight will be a bit of this and that. Will figure out when I get home.
    Dishwasher was run last night so will empty is while dinner is cooking and then we can put dinner dishes in it. Keep the kitchen clean.
    Will put away load of laundry in dryer and put a new load in washer. And that is it tonight!
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did make another small batch of rice pudding in am while putting my breakfast together (cooked elbow macaroni with chili pepper flakes, butter and some sliced olives). Ran laundry (time vampire of 2018) loads as Mom was late to rise in am and it helps to conserves her energy. I mentioned how Dad ought to be on a certain schedule because the very late times to bed puts both of them off to late morning risings. Also discussed some plans regarding guest-I'd like Mom to sit with guest (he has other kin to see as well) and not fuss about cooking/serving food, as she always gets the last bits of a visit but never a full sitdown and chat (they lasted visited with each other three years ago when guest came with his family but he will be solo this time).

Sibling did not take Mom to the store so if that's the case this afternoon, I'll volunteer to pick up some things on Mom's list later in the day. I looked over the flyers last night and added some things to the list this morning.

Raccoons are intent on making my autumn a misery. Glad I got the bungee cord back onto the green cart last night. The critters knocked it down but could not back into the potato peelings. I expect more of their kind to surface once nearby land gets cleared for housing survey work in the spring. Sibling had put the cart into the garbage shed a few days ago but all the ants were a bother to sweep out! The shed's interior needs a quick wash and wipe to remove webs and insect bits plus some oiling of the hinges.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@SassyAshley - so sorry to read of your grandmother's passing. You are lucky you got to know her as an adult.

@Angela273 - my condolences on the passing of your aunt.

Hugs to you both! Hoping that loving memories bring you comfort.

Wishing you Grace and Peace.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Cool gloomy day today. Thank-full for my long winter coat I bought at Sport Chek boxing day for a steal
    1 parcel from my Hollister order was delivered yesterday. Good thing DS was home from school to sign for it. So at least I have the 2 x 3pk boxers, tshirt and long sleeve t-shirt so far for Christmas.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I only have daycare kids before school today, which is unusual. I’ll try to take advantage of it with our twins. I plan on taking them to the United Way telethon early this afternoon, when ds will be performing with his class.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. it is a pd day here. then we have a appointment in town at 6 ,
    it is going to be a busy day. but it will be well worth it in the end.

laundry is transfered , and 1 load put away. i have 2 more to put away... if i get those done i will be impressed.
    we started our craft... it will dry then we will do another section... it will take a bit to get this one done. but it will be worth it.

supper will be out.. but that is ok. i may try and get hubby to go to the mall, we could eat at the food court .. i could get to Lush, and pick up the bubble bars i use in the winter. they help keep my skin mositurized.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    So happy I was able to get some sleep last night. Mom picked me up some night time meds which I needed after 2 nights of little sleep.

Today seems to be a busy day. Work is quite busy but I am only working until Noon and then I am off to the cemetery to bury Oma's ashes.

I finally managed to get all of the laundry done last night after none being done on the weekend. I also started to clean up the kitchen, it isn't spotless yet but a work in process. The hardest part right now is any sort of activity, moving around brings on coughing, so I am feeling limited in what I can do.

I know my cold needs to run it course but I must admit I am done with it, there is so much I need to get done and getting a little frustrated at my lack of being able to accomplish things.

Well I better get back to work and see what I get done before I have to get ready to go.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

At home with a cold, not sure if it is getting better as I wake up coughing. Sun is out and a slight breeze, wish I felt better to enjoy it.

Tonight is grocery shopping and another week of terrible PC offers.

Not sure what is going on with the mail and rotating striking areas.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to Giant Tiger to pick up a few groceries- And a bag of SmartFood for each kid for a treat

Asked DS if nachos and fries are ok for dinner for him and his friend. He said yes and let me know that he did all his chores

Plan is to start dinner as soon as I walk in the door. (Put fries in oven 1st then start browning the beef.) While that is started deal with laundry (never ending) I'm not doing much housework tonight at all but will while making dinner for the kids then it is weekend mode for all of us

Have a great frugal weekend everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to my appointment today at 9:30 then after I went to mental health to discuss the med changes with my case manager she was not there. If I had known about this previous I would have picked up my blister pack instead.

Anyways I went to the bank and deposited money for my DMP thingy that I pay once a month on the 1st.

I have money from someone else to buy some recreational green problem is it’s not enough to make an order if the shipping rate is 8$ on top of the order. And I don’t have a credit card. They told me because I have ID it be best if I order it they are a year older then me but they lost their wallet with ID in it. It’s complicated expedition since I normally would do it but I don’t have a credit card and the closet shop is in Kamloops.

I went to Kin’s farm market in the mall and picked up 10 limes for $4, a bunch of mint for 1.69$, 3 romaine hearts for $3.99, and 5lb bag of Yukon potatoes for $2.99 & charged a bag for 5 cents total is 12.72 I paid 12.70$.

I am making cream of potato soup so I need to go get broth, butter and whipping cream a litre. I was going to do something cool and add bacon to it as well for garnish I have some sitting in my fridge I need to heat up. It’s noon now but I have no clue when I want to do this whole soup thingy I was going to make it in the crockpot, because that’s what the recipe I found was stating.

My neighbor just told me she is making lunch so I can get out of making something for now. I will maybe go to town later or maybe tomorrow I don’t need anything right off the bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

went to sobey's this afternoon they had quite a few sales on I wanted -spent 68. and got 16 airmiles ,saved 9.00 in cpns and .75 from caddle and checkout51

oh a few deals -I found pure Canadian honey in like a bear design 4.99-everywhere else its 5.99-6.99
    tetley earl grey tea on for 2.99-1.00 cpn=1.99
    chapmans frozen yogurt 3.99-1.00 cpn=2.99 plus 8 airmiles personal offer

also bought tim tan cookies for a treat 2.99 -love these cookies with a tea

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh stopped home after work to change his clothes and grab his bag. He will be gone for the weekend for work training. Work will pay his mileage, hotel, and meals. We knew about this trip for at least a month. It’s hard for him to leave. The kids didn’t want him to go. He’ll be back Sunday work and then he’ll be back to his regular job on Monday. It’s bad timing, but we’ll manage. I feel bad about not being able to attend my Aunt’s prayer and funeral, but I think most people will understand. I mailed off a sympathy card this morning. Our son printed the names of all 3 of our children.

I ordered about $90 in stuff from Amazon earlier in the week. I paid for the entire purchase with gift cards that I earned from Swagbucks and I also earned more Swagbucks points from this purchase. The box arrived today. It contained 4 large towels (we’ll order more if we like them), special swim suit soap, and a toy for ds for Christmas.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Oct 26th, 2018 at 08:48 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am slowly emerging from my jet lagged fog-lol. Had a great time. Started a new work position assisting at a local school on Thursday but it seems staffing/budget changes happened while I was away so I may be redeployed to a different classroom-time will tell. I have to say though I really did enjoy being in the Grade 1 classroom-that is a fun age and they are learning so much.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Good start to the day so far. Lots of cleaning. I have decided to set up my dining room as a sort and sell room. I will go room by room in the house and completely declutter. I grabbed one box from garage and already have a full box ready to go to Salvation Army!
    I moved my Christmas box and added the odd items i had tucked away.
    Cleaned the kitchen and have the dishwasher running now and have laundry on the go. Will do a $50 plus shop at SDM since there are sale items i want and 20x the points today. We need eggs and milk for sure.
    Have a great day everyone.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information