User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
Like Tree1722Likes

Thread: October 2018 Frugal Chatter (last round of harvests)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Looks like we will have a rainy Halloween. It’s always a surprise how many or sometimes few kids we get but I plan for 75 and only buy candy I don’t love. So everyone else can have the leftovers.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@SassyAshley so good you got medical attention. Hoping you get better quickly!

I miss getting a kid ready for Halloween, and going trick or treating!
    When I was teaching, I always dressed up. Still did later, just to give out treats.

Have fun tomorrow, those of you with children!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our local Dominos pizza started doing a weekly contest earlier in the month. This afternoon I found out that I was one of the winners. I won a 12”, medium, pizza. I was excited with the win, even if it won’t be enough for supper...easy addition to an order.

I bought a bag full of dinosaurs for $25, delivered to our house. I also bought a large, softer T-Rex from the same person for $10. Ds is sleeping with this T-Rex and the T-Rex we bought at Salvation Army in August. The bag full of dinosaurs are hiding in my closet, to be a Christmas present. I used SB last week for a transformer for ds for Christmas. Still have to figure out what to get twin girl for Christmas. I don’t know what Santa will be putting in their stockings this year. I’m also thinking about a Christmas trip to the local movie theatre as a family gift, depending on what our options are. No idea what I’m gettinv Dh for Christmas and birthday this year...they are close together.

After our son was done gymnastics, I took him with me to No Frills. $8.45oop after redeeming $10 in Points.
    2x 4L jugs of milk
    3x 3/$2 yop
    4x $1 chicken wieners - one of my daycare families doesn’t eat pork products, so this gives me an easy kid friendly option.
    3x $2 Fruit to Go 9pks - $2 coup = $0
    8x $1 Crest tooth paste - $2 wub2 coup = $0 + 1,200pts from personal offer - these are all being donated to the local food bank.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Oct 31st, 2018 at 01:09 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Angela273 -comfort and hugs to you on the injury! That means you likely are super-sensitive while the cut heals.
    Fortunately the stab from the blender blade sealed up well. I haven’t had a bandaid on it today and can barely find the mark, although it is a tad sore.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

This is what it says on the Canada post website..

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/com...t=specialalert

I am listening to the best of the 90s on the app stingray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Wed, Oct 31st, 2018 at 08:01 AM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

we have pouring rain. ugh. at least it is not snow.
    i will be tidying up ad getting a few things cleaner while i am handing out candy.. we only get a dz or 2 kids... so i will keep myself occupied. i will run one of my click sites as well.. and discuss with hubby ordering a gift for middle child. shopper army has a 10.00 bonus if yu order 100.00 .. this week. i am trying to do bonuses, with gifts.. and pay with it via my click money... biggest bang for my money. lol

i need to do a bit of menu plannning. i have a full freezer.. and want a bit fo extra money to debt.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Halloween!

Nice weather here for the kids today, great to have a year without snow or rain.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We spent the morning at the Family Centre Halloween Party. The kids had a great time. Snacks and crafts were included. I texted pictures to my daycare parents. My toddler daycare girl fell to sleep at my house before lunch was on the table. She ate a big morning snack, so I’ll just feed her lunch when she wakes up.

For Halloween we leave a bowl of candy with a sign on our front step while we are out trick or treating with our kids. The twins are 3 this year, so we’ll see how far they walk trick or treating this year. There will be lots of treats to share. We will walk to a few friends houses too. They aren’t forecasting rain or snow this year, but it’ll still be pretty cold out around supper time.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Oct 31st, 2018 at 02:29 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Len's Mill stores has a special Halloween promotion today: wear your Halloween costume at any one of their stores to get 10% off your purchase today. Details apply: https://lensmill.com/pages/promos

Happened to see the above offer in an attempt to locate a new flyer but there isn't one.

I personally have enough treats for the first 15 kids to come to the door. Or else it's candy time for the family (last year, there were three kids). Twitter-many accounts are showing Halloween costumes or pumpkin decorating entries. Worth a look if you want some smiles or scares.

Mandatory decaf Earl Grey tea accompanied breakfast today--the bergamot is a needed aroma to counter the grayness of the day. Cooked quinoa with some chopped celery, onion and chili pepper flakes. Have to figure out what to do with two green peppers-pizza or give them to Mom to use for salad or just cut them and leave in the fridge?

The chicken cacciatore meal making is on hold for a day or two to give my budget a chance to catch a break (no spending). I was up early this morning penning my recent shopping buys onto my October expense sheet and it's obvious that I'm going to have to let something go in guest planning to still have funds for a needed gift for a special someone, food for November and quite possible another shoe order. Today I noticed that my two month old pair of shoes have popped stitches in another area of the shoe (forefoot area). The sight of both like areas showing a gap is making think-one reviewer on the shoe site had the quality issues correctly identified and that I'm going to have to fix the issue or consider that this winter is going to need a couple of pairs of shoes to get through. Let's see, two days ago I tossed the slides that I enjoyed in spring, winter, and part of fall (wore down the heels). Now this shoe issue arises...argh.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There was a short hydro power outage for a minute or two after 7am. By the time I found something with a battery and light (I had moved things around on the headboard last night), the phone answering machine chirped back, so the power was on. After resetting the stove clock, I looked out the front door to see a large white and black critter on the lawn. Not a rat or raccoon but a skunk with a mostly white head of fur and back along with a couple of black spots. It's what's grub hunting in the front yard! I'm sure raccoons have been at work too.

The lawn could use 4-5 bags of grass seed. I'm pleased that areas seeded (in late August) near the house have mostly filled in (about 60-70%) but farther away, I have grass deserts crying out for more attention. Today's rain will help plants and trees get ready for the colder temperature. Actually, the rain began after 10:30pm last night and has continued on and off since then.

Love the fall leaf colours but the wet leaves on sidewalks---take care if you and yours are trekking outside tonight!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Fortino's Ancaster has a big wall of Hostess chip boxes at the east end of the cash area. Where there were two checkouts a couple of days ago, now stand 6 self-checkout stations waiting to be put into active use. I'm waiting to see if store hours might change as a result of "efficiency." For the grocery delivery area, it was blocked with boxes (probably those check-out units) earlier in the week.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

After my appointment I went to the Halloween city and picked up makeup for my neighbour for her Halloween outfit. My mom and I went to superstore and she spent 266.63$ on groceries and redeemed 260$ in points. She earned the free item which was box of assorted cereal, granola bars, and fruit snacks by General Mills. I read the receipt it was a total of 25$ value for free. The cashier was slow and was very rude. She told me off for asking to scan the box of chips my mom wanted. She found something wrong with that I asked her nicely with “please and thank-you” she told me to wait my turn. Apparently my mother being in space for most of this shopping trip. I referred or referenced “my mother” several occasions during checkout.

I came home and put on my military jacket added on the dog tag I bought at the Halloween city store. For our Halloween party downstairs staff retorted that I didn’t dress up and my neighbor came to my rescue by saying that I did. I am wearing full camo from head to toe. But because I wear camo pants everyday almost they think that I didn’t dress up. But I bought a camo top, socks, and dog tag especially for today. I just didn’t put on war paint but I usually have issues with face paint my face breaks out.

I didn’t see a package at my house today I guess it wasn’t delivered today and there was nothing in my mailbox either. And staff had no clue if the mail came either.

I really need to get my meds either I go now or at the crack of dawn. Probably tomorrow is better there is too many people on the roads right now during rush hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well popped out to fortinos and got a butternut soup /sandwich(got 1,600pts)as I had a hot food offer on my p.c points and stopped into mcdonalds and got Ashlyn a chicken nugget happy meal =we ate at my son's .I gave Ashlyn half of my soup -son/wife and hubby had fish and chips form a local shop

helped shell out candy at my son's so they could take the 2 girls around -I took my box of 45 bars and 30 candy rockets to add to son's he had a bout 200 kids -it was fun watching the girls dress up Ashlyn was a fire fighter and cara was a dalmation dog
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Oct 31st, 2018 at 08:54 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our children were dressed as a race car driver, bumble bee, and butterfly. They came home with a lot of loot. We had fun sorting it all when we got home. We put all of the kids’ candy together. I don’t keep my phone on my body most of the day, but it was in my jacket pocket when we were trick-or-treating. My phone says 5.5km today. We took the entire family trick-or-treating for about 2hrs, then I took ds back out for another few blocks. The cats joined us for a walk for about 6 blocks. It was fun.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread Information