User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: October air miles bonus for those with a BMO Air Miles Mastercard

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

October air miles bonus for those with a BMO Air Miles Mastercard -same old - spend $20 x 3 get 500 airmiles.
    https://bmoairmilesmastercard.airmiles.ca/en/home?vr=nfs3
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles
    walkonby, Lavender Lady and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Hey I'll take the points! 500 AM for buying what I would anyways--thank you!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks OP I will be doing this promo again I find it to be very easy to do.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Are we allowed to do this if we did it in Sept? TIA

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Is this for everyone with a BMO AM MC ? Or is it only for few, who are targeted with this offer? Do you need an email or something from them to be eligible for this offer? TIA

I did the September offer and got 500 BAM within a week of finishing the 3 shops. Not sure, if I will get them again or if there is an exclusion for the Sep guys.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I chatted with the AM agent - she said there is NO opt in requirement for this offer, so you will qualify regardless of whether you get a targeted email from them about this offer or not.

Also she said you will qualify even if you did the exact same offer in September. I specifically asked her that.

She put me on hold, while she went and confirmed with her supervisor. She wasn't sure initially. She even asked me if I got a personal email regarding it, I said NO. Then later on she said I qualify, even if I didn't get the email and even if I did the same offer in Sep.

Maybe other's should also confirm it with AM.

If 2-3 agents say the exact same thing, then maybe it's true. Not sure if I should go on the say of just 1 agent, because sometimes they could be wrong.

With AM guys, you have to be pretty careful.
    Miss Molly likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Is this for everyone with a BMO AM MC ? Or is it only for few, who are targeted with this offer? Do you need an email or something from them to be eligible for this offer? TIA

I did the September offer and got 500 BAM within a week of finishing the 3 shops. Not sure, if I will get them again or if there is an exclusion for the Sep guys.
    I also did them I. September but I didn’t get an email then either. My airmiles card is in my DH name so will have to wait when he get home and call to see keeping my finger cross that I can do it again
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

woo hoo, I have little trouble doing 3 x $20.00 purchases anyways so if I get another 500 BAM in Oct. that is great!
    Thanks for posting @pskov !!
    Miss Molly and Lavender Lady like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    I also did them I. September but I didn’t get an email then either. My airmiles card is in my DH name so will have to wait when he get home and call to see keeping my finger cross that I can do it again
    If you have the AM card number and PIN with you, you can log into AM website and WEB CHAT with them.

They won't know it is you and not your husband, web chatting

No need to phone call them and confirm.

At least you will have a proof and something in writing with web chat as opposed to a phone call. You can save the chat as evidence

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The last line from the T & C - is worrisome. Not sure if the September guys will requalify, although the agent told me YES

" and this offer cannot be redeemed twice."

• To qualify for this offer, you must make an eligible purchase of $20 or more at each of 3 different participating Partners using your BMO®AIR MILES® Mastercard®* between October 1 and October 31, 2018, inclusive. Participating AIR MILES® Partners may be added or removed at any time without notice. Visit the “Participating Partners” section of this web page for current participating Partner details. Eligible purchases of $20 or more must be made in a single transaction. Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, cash-like transactions, interest charges, fees, credit or debit adjustments. This offer is valid only for the AIR MILES Collector Number associated with your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account. A limit of one (1) 500 Bonus Miles offer applies per Collector Number. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. Offer is subject to change without notice.

Please note, purchases made in September do not count towards this October offer, and this offer cannot be redeemed twice.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    woo hoo, I have little trouble doing 3 x $20.00 purchases anyways so if I get another 500 BAM in Oct. that is great!
    Thanks for posting @pskov !!
    "and this offer cannot be redeemed twice."

Check the last line in the T & C, looks like September guys don't requalify again.
    walkonby likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just applied for the mastercard...new to all this...do I have to make purchases at 3 different kinds of stores or can I go to 3 different Shell stores (or the Same Shell 3x)?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMYS View Post
    Just applied for the mastercard...new to all this...do I have to make purchases at 3 different kinds of stores or can I go to 3 different Shell stores (or the Same Shell 3x)?
    3 different retailers.

20 bucks minimum at each one. I did Metro, Rexall and Sobeys. Other stores available also like Shell, Rona, LCBO etc.

Got my bonus within a week after I shopped at the last one.

500 BAM is more than 50 bucks ! I only spent around 60 bucks - around 20 each at each of the 3 shops, and got more than 50 bucks back in points.
    walkonby likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    3 different retailers.

20 bucks minimum at each one. I did Metro, Rexall and Sobeys. Other stores available also like Shell, Rona, LCBO etc.

Got my bonus within a week after I shopped at the last one.

500 BAM is more than 50 bucks ! I only spent around 60 bucks - around 20 each at each of the 3 shops, and got more than 50 bucks back in points.
    Thank you for the clarification....I am needing the airmiles for the flights so this is a good way to earn extra
    dededi likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I did the offer in Sep. I am taking a chance in Oct and doing it again. I might or might not get the points again, but I will take a chance.

I am just buying basic stuff on sale anyways in places like Metro, Sobeys etc. Milk, Bread, Eggs etc.

Even if I buy somewhere else it will be the same price - so might as well buy it here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information