User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By endi2000
  • 1 Post By Natalka

Thread: Menswear - need some help

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So...now that Sears has left this world...and I am now responsible for finding some clothing for a 92yr old male, I am rather stumped.

Did you know that these manfacturers are totally prejudiced?

I am looking for two things - a jogging set that is not black, does not have some rapper logo - preferably has some beige in it and NO Hoodie.

Also looking for a pair of dressier pants - BROWN - that can undergo washing in commercial machines and still look good.

so - Walmart has dressier pants - but they are only black/dark grey - and look horrid after being washed. Not really interested in going to the +$100 price for one pair of pants

i checked Old Navy for sweat outfits - but they are rather fixated on the hoodies

Any suggestions?
    This thread is currently associated with: Old Navy, Sears, Walmart
    Ciel likes this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Try Marks or the Bay

I doubt you will find a jogging set without a bunnyhug, will probably have to buy separates. Fruit of the loom jogging pants are nice.

https://www.marks.com/en/men/apparel/pants.html#lvp=1
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you have a Winners store, you'll find the sales rack has black and gray joggers mostly ($20-$30 range based on my Sept. experience at local store). You may find it beneficially to cut off the cuffs on the legs and just stitch the hem up on a sewing machine (I did that for my 87 yr old Dad who's gotten weak and fusses if he has to struggle with clothing). Beige is a hard find in joggers, short of sports branded store that has that colour with the brand logo on it. I'd recommend visiting your local Value Village for pants and jogging items even if the top is not a match for bottom, some donations have good fabric and quality and yes pockets.

The Bay has a beige like jogger pant. https://www.thebay.com/main/ProductD...34374302024603
    Marks should be able to stock a couple of different men's brown pants (twill or maybe a twill/nylon variety) that suit your person's needs.
    https://www.marks.com/en/denver-haye...color%5D=DKRST
    Unless he's a specialty size, in which case you'd need a menswear store like George Richards to help you out. Otherwise, most chain stores cater to men 5'10" in height. Larger Winners' stores offer more clothing variety but not the smaller Winners stores (I see that issue for both women's and menswear at my closest store).

I agree with @Natalka 's suggestion to try the Bay or Marks but given my recent order cancellation for flannel pyjama bottoms (I erred in assuming local store had it when in fact a neighbouring city's store had it). Website said the sales item was in stock. But order got cancelled in less than 40min. Believe me, it is almost impossible to find flannel men's pjs. The Bay has one set on sale for over $57. I did visit Walmart (which only recently stocked a second colour in men's pj sets after a summer of just a gray/white stripe set in XL only) but there are only awful plaid pull on flannel pants for $7.99. They are not conducive to bleaching (something that Dad's laundry requires due to his illness).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information