User Tag List

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1671Likes

Thread: November 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (Remembering...)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

excellent!!!! that is fantastic
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Did my 1st cheque request from Caddie today thanks to Angela273 for encouraging me to try it out. DH had an awesome PCO offers of 22500 points when u spend 75.00 and the flyer lined up for us. Stockings are done now and a few small gifts.. Then off to Fortinos. Freezer is full as they had both beef and pork on sale so earned 10000 points and spent 70.00.
    Older son did his 1st solo 401 drive today as he drove to Waterloo to spend the day with friends. He humoured me and texted when he arrived and again on his way home. I am not a overprotective mom my nature but he knew this made me anxious.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve been sick to the stomach the last few days. I finally threw up after the kids went to bed. I’m feeling a bit better, so hopefully I’m now on the mend.

Dh rented something of his out for $60 this evening. It’s nice to have some more cash in hand.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -had such a fun evening last night hubby and I went to this local restaurant ~earth to table~ at 4.30 and it was packed but we got a section as their were only the 2 of us -we ordered margerita pizza (a large one ) and just had water -I used the remaining giftcard up I had 11 on it so our meal cost $23.00 plus 2 slices leftover for today
    it is so nice to get dressed up in a skirt and blouse mind you a pair of panty hose ripped as I put them on (mind you they were old )lol
    instead of getting coffee on the way home I made it for us ,so pretty nice reasonably frugal evening and fun to chat at a small candle lit table

started my xmas shopping for my grown kids -daughter/hubby will get a giftcard to this restaurant part of their gift

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Today is my middle childs birthday. They are 21 . i cannot believe it.

we have a bit of a crazy day. .
    visitation for a family memeber, home.. birthday quickly, then drive child back to Sheridan . drop off thier friend. take them out to dinner. drop them off , then home.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve been up for about 3hrs and I still feel quite sick. My head is hurting quite badly, but it’s not just migraine pain. I’ve been snacking on water and soda crackers since last night. Things will still need to get done, but most of it can wait for now. Dh is now in the living room with our kids, so I’d best try to catch a nap.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Used leftover chicken and steak and made awesome nachos last night. Watched the ending of The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix last night. Downloaded Hayu first month free and did a $5 rebate on Caddie so that's like 2 months free. I love real housewives trash and since I don't have cable I can watch whenever I want now.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I actually napped this afternoon ,since I woke up at 4.45 a.m I haven't napped in years but I feel so refreshed

supper will be pasta nice n easy as I am doing 3 loads of laundry

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Did my 1st cheque request from Caddie today thanks to Angela273 for encouraging me to try it out. DH had an awesome PCO offers of 22500 points when u spend 75.00 and the flyer lined up for us. Stockings are done now and a few small gifts.. Then off to Fortinos. Freezer is full as they had both beef and pork on sale so earned 10000 points and spent 70.00.
    Older son did his 1st solo 401 drive today as he drove to Waterloo to spend the day with friends. He humoured me and texted when he arrived and again on his way home. I am not a overprotective mom my nature but he knew this made me anxious.
    How bumpy (or full of potholes) is the westbound 401 from Oakville to London? I only ever drove on the 401 in the Toronto area and found it to be a scary washboard drive! Good that he is getting that highway experience now!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Recommend Netflix viewing of John Leguizamo's Latin History for Morons, if you have the chance to watch 1h30min of an intense relationship/history mashup show. I saw half of it two nights ago then the other half yesterday. Very insightful.

Today's lunch was a free Pizza Pizza cheese slice. I stood eyeing the other pizza wedges in the display case while waiting for my slice to be warmed up. I really want a big pizza from the chain soon!

The sky is a light gray one and the wind was light, so I did some extra walking today past the library to look for a Hamilton phone book but the Yellow Pages boxes are not yet stocked (I checked 5 boxes to date) so I'll wait for December. Yesterday, I made a coffee cake to use up some frozen berries and warm baking was really delightful in the morning. Spent most of afternoon with best friend (her birthday) at local stores plus a chat session. I really cherish her!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -I have not frozen garlic bread. I often buy the half loaf length from Longo's when it's on sale and cut up pieces as I eat it within three days. If you are making the loaf, I'd suggest slicing the loaf in case someone in the family wants a piece but might not want to do the slicing themselves. Since members have had success freezing butter, I'd think garlic loaf should be ok in the freezer if the whole thing was wrapped up.
    Maybe you'd like to toast sliced bread and apply a garlic butter spread on the slices then cut the slices in half, some for fridge and rest for freezer?
    @Frugalbigmama -I'm passing my Sobeys on the walk back and will see if the store has the coupon booklets. I have not received a mailer like last year and I was in Sobeys last week but did not see the brochures when I left the checkout/passed the eating area. Actually, there is a Shell nearby as well and I'll see if the gas counter might have the coupons. Thanks for mentioning this item!
    @barbis9 -thanks for the book title! I've put a hold on the e-book version as it has a shorter hold waitlist.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Anyone needing 3M Magic Transparent tape? Canadian Tire has a 3-roll pack on sale in the flyer for $3.99 this week!
    Actually forgot to look for it yesterday while shopping the store with friend for her list of things.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I bought a large lot of toy dinosaurs for $25 a couple weeks ago. Last night Dh and I finally picked out which dinosaurs to keep and which dinosaurs to resell. Last night I posted 9 medium and small sized toy dinosaurs for sale for $10 and a lady quickly arranged to buy them today. So the remaining dinosaurs would have cost us $15 for twin boy’s Christmas gift.

A lady delivered 3 little girl dresses last night for $6. One has wings that attach with Velcro. I tucked these dresses away for twin girl’s Christmas gift.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @SassyAshley -I have not frozen garlic bread. I often buy the half loaf length from Longo's when it's on sale and cut up pieces as I eat it within three days. If you are making the loaf, I'd suggest slicing the loaf in case someone in the family wants a piece but might not want to do the slicing themselves. Since members have had success freezing butter, I'd think garlic loaf should be ok in the freezer if the whole thing was wrapped up.
    Maybe you'd like to toast sliced bread and apply a garlic butter spread on the slices then cut the slices in half, some for fridge and rest for freezer?
    @Frugalbigmama -I'm passing my Sobeys on the walk back and will see if the store has the coupon booklets. I have not received a mailer like last year and I was in Sobeys last week but did not see the brochures when I left the checkout/passed the eating area. Actually, there is a Shell nearby as well and I'll see if the gas counter might have the coupons. Thanks for mentioning this item!
    @barbis9 -thanks for the book title! I've put a hold on the e-book version as it has a shorter hold waitlist.
    Thank-you! I will have to pop in one of the sponsors and take a look.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! I did nothing productive this weekend. Too much fun! Our girls dinner and few drinks ended up with us at a friends house and not to bed till 3am! My legs still hurt from all the dancing in the kitchen. So Saturday didn't go out till DS's hockey game then hit RCSS on the way home. They had .99cent mini watermelons and pineapple so bought 3 of each! Awesome fruit for cheap this time of year.
    Sunday- We watched Netflix/movies all day long. Finally got up to make dinner and take a little drive then watched another movie lol. Sometimes that is what weekends are for.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information