User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Will Canada Post Affect Your Black Friday?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

coupongirl99 and luckbealady like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

No issues. I ordered something on the 17th and it arrived today.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Almost all my items I ordered Black Friday and Cyber Monday have arrived. The only exception is Penningtons, which just shipped Friday.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

ordered off amazon on the 25th, was suggested to arrive the 30th.. it was just pushed off till Dec 11th, i look up the tracking number and it says the item is in "canada" not in a province or a city...
    Ciel likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

my package finally arrived in town yesterday.. they "tried" to deliver it yesterday.. but they didn't bother... i was home all afternoon, i checked the canada post tracking and it says they "tried" to deliver it at 3:02pm no answer left notice card where to pick up... yet.. when i went down at 9pm that evening there was no notice, hubby checked the box first thing this morning.. there was no notice... they didn't even bother trying to deliver... i strongly believe they drove down my street.. at 3pm RIGHT when school gets out (there is a school on the other side of my street) didn't find any easy parking then decided to lie and say they tried to deliver it and go onto the next item with my item checking in at the pick up post office at 3:32pm.... to me that's not ok..
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    my package finally arrived in town yesterday.. they "tried" to deliver it yesterday.. but they didn't bother... i was home all afternoon, i checked the canada post tracking and it says they "tried" to deliver it at 3:02pm no answer left notice card where to pick up... yet.. when i went down at 9pm that evening there was no notice, hubby checked the box first thing this morning.. there was no notice... they didn't even bother trying to deliver... i strongly believe they drove down my street.. at 3pm RIGHT when school gets out (there is a school on the other side of my street) didn't find any easy parking then decided to lie and say they tried to deliver it and go onto the next item with my item checking in at the pick up post office at 3:32pm.... to me that's not ok..
    While I wouldnt wish to tar all mail carriers like this (most of the ones I've had are great) I had one fella on my route that used to do this. I live in an area that uses the community boxes (we dont have to-the-door mail) BUT parcels are SUPPOSED to be attempted to be delivered at the door. I spoke to the Canada Post ombudsman once when I was getting "failed deliver attempt" notices, even though I was sitting in my house all day. (the rule, as I was told, is that if you live less than 1000m ... that's 1km ... from the box, he's supposed to make a delivery attempt to the door *if* the parcel does not fit in the parcel cubby on the community box, OR if it requires a signature)

Alas, he would make no efforts to actually make parcel deliveries to me or others in my neighbourhood. Sad thing is I live directly across the street from the community box... literally 2 dozen footsteps away. He doesnt even have to drive to get there.

He'd go drop it off at Shopper's later that day (i could tell from the tracking info) and the next day, I'd get the card in my mailbox (so you might get your card tomorrow).

In a later package, I was home again -- I watched him pull up... and as he started closing up the boxes, I went out and pulled the card from my mailbox and before he drove off asked him if he had the parcel. He DID, and he gave it to me. Odd thing was that it actually WOULD have fit in the parcel box, but he didnt even bother with that.

-

Then another time, I finally figured out what was going on... One time he parked outside my house (before dropping letter mail off at the community box across the street) and I caught him writing up all the delivery cards at once for ALL of the parcels in his vehicle. It took him about 20 minutes as I sat there and watched him do it from my front window.

He'd then drop the cards in the mail-box(es) for each address and then after his mail route he'd just take them all to Shopper's and drop them all off at once instead of making any efforts to actually deliver them to the individual houses. This saves him a LOT of time, I'm sure... meaning he gets to go home early. [Back about 30 years ago when I did a short stint as a door-to-door letter-carrier, it USED to be that mail routes were timed. A route is timed at taking, say 3 hours... if they finish it in 2 hours, good for them. You get an early lunch or get to go home early.]

As a testament to this carrier's work-ethic, I started also noticing a trend that I and my neighbours ONLY got mail on Monday and Thursday. Again, sitting on my couch with the front curtain open, I can see the mailboxes and could see that he never showed up certain days, As well, I took to notice that people coming to the box on Tuesday, Wednesay, and Friday, ALSO all left empty handed.

When I started noticing THAT, I called the ombudsman to complain about both of the above situations. Two weeks later I had a new carrier, and a follow up call. They claimed they had monitored deliveries on my route and were going to correct the situation (they didnt offer up specifics). I now get mail daily AND my parcels are properly delivered. I hope they just re-assigned buddy a job where he can be properly managed, because I hate to see someone lose their job, but it was evident he was too lazy to be a carrier or to work unsupervised.
    walkonby likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information