User Tag List

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: December 2018 Frugal chatter thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all. prob going to the dr tomorrow . ugh.

ok. hit the lumber store for the dc parents gift. i am pretty sure they are going to love this one.
    bulk barn , pick up my yeast . and 2 gingerbread kits, and extr frosting.
    then dollar tree. and done. hubby got a car wash. much needed.

home and resting. i need to figure my week out. it is going to be a busy but oh so good one,
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Super sunny Sunday-I am loving the outdoors despite that wind today!

Did a can walk $2.50 plus have some more containers. Found a 5 cent Cdn Tire money note in the tall weeds by a bus stop too.
    Picked up the bagged Next Home & Condo year-end issue with the 2019 Model Home calendars as well.

Found out yesterday someone I know has passed away. My best friend alerted me via e-mail. I was looking at sympathy cards at three stores yesterday and at the selection at Rexall today.

A couple of nights ago, Mom said she wanted to buy a wreath for the door. I reminded her that Dad has 3 holiday ornament/wreath things so I took out the plastic evergreen one with the bow (I don't like bells or other noisemakers on the door ornaments because I hear all sounds and don't wish to) and she's happy now.

Mom and brother are not coordinating things well-sibling refused to put Dad to bed last night and Mom was so tired. Let's say she was super snappy as result. Today, Mom and I had words. Dad is unrepentant about his ongoing messes but Mom is saying she's in charge. Really-she's overwhelmed. I will move to get the health cavalry involved this week.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Turned into a bit of a busy day here. Laundry is done folded and put away. I cleaned as I went so the kitchen is clean. I ran the dishwasher and emptied it.

I made a batch of Broccoli Cheddar Soup to use up some Broccoli we had in the fridge.

I have 3 salts done. Did not get any other gifts done but will write a to do list tonight or tomorrow with the goal to tackle one thing each night after work.

I broke down and sucker sealed all of the items we stocked up on that would not last in their packaging. We had a Costco pack of Chicken Breasts which I cut up and froze. We bought 3 types of oats all have been sucker sealed and need to be packed away in the basement. Also broke down 2 bags of nuts we got at Costco (1 Almond & 1 Pecan).

Now it is time for dinner we are having baked Fajitas, I made the Fajita mix and then wrapped it in Tortillas and baked them.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

had a great day yesterday - a friend I haven't seen in almost a year came

we had supper in pita pit -yummm ,then over to son's house so my daughter/hubby could see the girls and Sebastian played with his cousins

I missed going to open house at 4.00-7.00 for neighbour's granddaughter ,but I will still give her a small gift

this morning daughter/hubby wanted to grocery shop before they headed to her in-laws for brunch,so we watched Sebastian til 11.00 then they left at 11.15

rest of the day relaxed ,supper was light scrambled eggs and peameal bacon

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy monday all.
    insane busy week. but it will be worth it. next week will be easier.

we are making playclay gngerbread man cinnamon ornaments. and starting our parents gifts.
    i am making a dr appointment. hoping to get in today.
    supper is a easy one. and my pan for the night is laundry and rest.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Yesterday was a very productive morning for me. Did laundry. Cooked a big breakfast including homefries. Made a homemade mac and cheese. Cooked up ground beef (ready for future meal of nachos or pasta sauce. Cleaned the kitchen. Then we showered and went to visit my sister and family before our hockey game. Which the boys won! We are at the top of our division with this team and our last game we tied so us winning was awesome!!!

I was sent a mailing awhile ago about $75 in comp slot play for Georgian Downs. ($75 for a certain period and then another $75 for another period) Since I was close yesterday I popped in and played it. I ended up leaving up $122! So put $20 on my mastercard to cover the $20 DQ gift card I bought Saturday (received 2 free mini blizzards) and used gift card to buy each of my boys dinner. And put the rest of the cash in my wallet.

Oh and Friday night! We went to watch a friend play at a restaurant (plays guitar and sings- he is really good) They were having ladies night and each $5 Martini you bought you received a ticket for a chance to win a ring. I offered to drive but he said drink so I only had 2 and I won!!!! So that is why I thought I would try my luck yesterday. Maybe I'm on a streak!

Tonight- finish up laundry and cuddle and relax watching tv. Have a bit of a cold so an excuse to relax
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Dec 10th, 2018 at 09:39 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Had a very early morning rising as I broke out in a sweat. Got a drink, threw a load of laundry into the washer then went to bed to read some chapters of a book. Put in a second load of laundry and did the same thing. After the laundry was done, I hung it and then tried to sleep again. I'm going to have avoid some favourite processed foods or look forward to nightly wake-ups this month, which I don't want.

Cashed in my containers from last night's walk home and my bank account is $2.10 richer. Bought a sympathy card. Returned a book and got my online time completed. Walked to Staples for the order pickup and then went home for a supper prior to a public information session about upcoming roadwork/infrastructure on an important access road. Tomorrow's weather is going to be sloppy, so I'll take my book holds out tonight and add them to the other books awaiting my attention.

Debating whether to pop into Value Village tomorrow to see if there's something for Mom. I told her to consider going tomorrow-have to see if she's keen-as it is 30% off for seniors. Also the Bay has a bonus senior's day tomorrow!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I was going to get up super early to do laundry but ended up sleeping in. Then when I woke up I put the laundry together I was going to do and took it downstairs to the laundry room. There was a guest doing laundry in the laundry room without an tenant present. Well this isn’t the first time I have come across this nor do I think it’s the last. Anyway I texted staff and they came and asked her to leave the room. Then I suppose she wanted them to fob her up to that floor I am pretty sure that didn’t go over well. Because that tenant called me a rat I said i told them they watch the camera that’s in the laundry room it could of been random coincidence. I asked them are they guilty of something is that why they so quick to call people names.

It’s not like ran right away to staff to tell them or anything. I texted it could of been anyone.

Anyways laundry cost me 4 credits or 2$. I folded it all put away upstairs in my bedroom closet on the top rack. I reheated chilli for lunch had 2 bowls, watched the news and passed out playing games on my tablet. Woke up my leg was numb and I couldn’t feel my foot. The phone chirped I had several messages from people asking if I was home.

Tomorrow I have an appointment across the river my usual Tuesday appointment. Thursday for my GP has been postponed until the 20th.

I have 23.90$ left to my name until I get paid on the 19th. I have to get some more margarine to be able to butter my bread. Christmas is getting closer and closer I am really scared this year because I was hoping to do mostly online shopping now I will not be able due to all the mail backlogged. Stockings this year I was told it’s $20 maximum spend I only honestly feel not like spending on anything besides myself. I ate all those chocolates as soon I opened the bag over a week of buying them or receiving them. They were delicious unfortunately and now my chocolate plan is gone for Christmas stockings. This happens if I don’t hide it out of sight for myself all the time.

My moms 66 birthday was yesterday we went out for sushi. My sister and my mother talked non stop as though they never have conversations ever. They live together. And of course I foretold this to my friend before leaving. My sister forked the bill didn’t even let my mother pay for any of it I tried to give my sister the tip she gave it back. Told me to spend it on groceries...

Anyways I am going to bed I am tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Mon, Dec 10th, 2018 at 11:56 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

a bright and very early morning to everyone
    i am certain my dc kids will love me ... but it is clean the playroom day. little things need to be put back where they go . shouldnt take us long.
    sent a child home yesterday. double ear infection. fun stuff. hope she feels better today.

youngest has her meeting tonight. i am going to do a raviloi.
    i must mail out Christmas cards today.
    other then that,.... no real spending today.
    s
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning up at 4.45 so did 2 loads of laundry already ,my knees are killing me (arthritis) so iced them

may go off to Walmart this morning to return a few items from last week -overcharged on the downey etc

seeing a friend tonight at tim hortons at 6.30 she is picking me up,havent seen her since last dec ,funny even thou we have known each other for years I feel we are drifting apart and yet I can see friends once a year and chat like no problem -I am so honest when I talk and not many people are

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Freezing drizzle here. I was going to do running around on my lunch so hope it stops by then.

I have a pork roast in the slow cooker. Will make a bunch of sides and gravy to go with it for dinner. I picked up 2 on the weekend for $2 LB they were reg around $22 and I paid $8 each and received 3200 PC PTS Laundry in the dryer needs to be put away and I need to do a few loads tonight to keep up on it.

Have a great day everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s supposed to get up to -1 today. Most of the forecast is for melting over the next week. I’m planning lots of outside time with the kids. After school yesterday I pulled the kids on a sled down the back alley. We don’t have much snow, but there was enough snow there, until it melts later this week. I’m trying to get more exercise. Our family vacation to Cuba is 1 month away.

It’ll be snack time soon, then we’ll try some finger print painting. Make some Christmas cards to send home.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I returned some items to Walmart $19.47 back then spent $37.94 but 10.00 of that is a gift card
    plus starbucks coffee is a xmas gift too a few deals I got are

p.m freshco astro yogurt 2.99 12's-1.50 cpn=1.49
    robin hood flour 2.5 p.m to food basics 3.88-40 cent no expiry cpn=3.48
    starbucks coffee 8.97-3.00 cpn=5.97 a throw in xmas gift for son-in-law
    laughing cow cheese p.m metro 2.99-1.00 cpn=1.99

stuck to my list but hated paying 3.97 for boston leaf lettuce at Walmart

decided to get hubby a large mcdonalds coffee for 1.05 as the sale is still on til 19th I think

supper tonight chicken breasts ,mashed potatoes and peas or corn

stuck to my list was applauded
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Dec 11th, 2018 at 02:17 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I took Monday off as a vacation day and we did our Family photos outside in the evening. We have a very pretty downtown so I think there are going to turn our awesome. This was my Christmas gift from my family. Tonight I need to go and do a few errands after work, so I am working at home today. Otherwise I get nothing done at night and time is running out. 80% of my shopping this year was online because I have zero time to get to a mall & so far despite the CP delays they are all showing up. Since I typically do less than 20% online this was a huge change for me.
    Tonight I need to get to RCSS so I can use some FPC before they expire.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

So I got talked into making mashed potatoes for 60 was the estimate it’s probably more like 75 ppl. I was vol-told I thought to myself something like this was going to happen. Now I gotta figure out how much I actually need to buy then how much butter, milk or cream cheese and they want garlic so how many gloves to roast. I now thought to myself it be easier if we were in a industrial kitchen to store all this food after it was all cooked and such. It’s do able of course I just need to be there because I a was volun-told.

I walked home from the pharmacy in trenchal rain under a small umbrella my mom lent me. There is flooding everywhere I saw it pour off this building then running out of the back door of this deli. Cutting down a side road thinking I was safe from the cars and trucks on the main road.

In the mail i received my Nescafé sampler.

Now to find this friend who volun-told me to give them sh.t for volunteering me without me being there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information