User Tag List

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: December 2018 Frugal chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had a big need for Greek salad tonight so bought a big one at RCSS. Made a big salad for my work lunch tomorrow too. Found family trays of chicken drumsticks for .99 lb. I had to buy some. Bought 5 trays at avg. Price of $3.15 each. Added 2 bagels for boys for tomorrow. Total cost was $30.80. Redeemed $30 in points and received back 3200 points back for personal offer. Have a tray of the chicken cooking in the oven now and the other 4 in the freezer.
    Natalka, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I cashed out for another $25 Amazon.ca gift card on Swagbucks and Im already half way to my next one.

Ds has 16 days off school for Christmas break this year. I will not have daycare kids for 10 of these days. It was the choice of each parent, so it doesn’t hurt my income.

This evening we attending a Family Fun Night at our son’s school. I baked and sent 2 dozen oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for the event. They had a lower turnout than anticipated, so we were sent home with our container topped up with various other treats in addition to some of our own cookies. I’ve already put the container in the freezer. We are expecting company a few days after Christmas.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

The power is out at my aunts house about 45mins away from where Iive. The power was flickering at my apartment. I wonder if I get home if there will be power or not. I left my friend in my apartment mashing potatoes she was going to ask staff to lock the door for me hopefully it was done.

I made sure that before I left my battery charger was fully charged In case I needed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DD made it home last night despite high winds delaying some flights out of Vancouver. She talked my ear off and as usual wanted hints about what her presents under the tree were-some things never change-even at 19-lol! As usual I did not give her hints! Busy days ahead.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!!! I am so not ready for Christmas and not even worried about it lol. I still have a few days. I guess that is the nice thing about not having little ones I can get out whenever to shop so it makes it easier for sure.
    I left the house with a tidy kitchen and diningroom! The chicken I cooked last night is all gone. The container I put in the fridge last night was heated up by someone in the night. I guess it was a hit. I should buy more The fridge is pretty clean/empty. We have all the basics and won't starve. Will cook some meals on the weekend but we have 2 big family dinners back to back (and I know I will be sent home with food) so don't want to have tons of leftovers in fridge wasted. I will make a homemade mac and cheese sometime this weekend and then what is not eaten can be put in the freezer.

Found a bag of salt for the driveway in the storage area last night. Guess I bought it at the end of last season. Glad I saw it since it was on my list this weekend. Expecting freezing rain etc so I want to be ready. I noticed a sign this morning at the hardware store that said "We have salt" so I guess they are expecting people to be looking once it hits.

Well lets get this work day out of the way! Have a great day everyone!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Dec 21st, 2018 at 09:14 AM.
    Natalka and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am off for 5 days . 5 full glorious days. !!!!

doing a bit of a dance.

Daycare parents were all happy. kids were happy. my parents spoilt me. all is good. and i have a whole box of cranberry shortbread that is to die for that was part of a gift. so yummy!!

cheque from costco came in today. i will get a bunch of Chicken after Christmas . we are nearly out.
    tomorrow is shopping with hubby... then bbq steak maybe ( from our 1é4 cow... 5.00 lb... )
    Sunday i am making pies. .. tourtiere , lemon mirange and mincemeat. cheese balls, salmon balls. spinach dip .
    monday is hubby day.. he loves to go shopping that day. drives me nuts. but he loves it
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

What a stressful end to my work day. Thank you @Giseledta for your continued help and support.

This week Dh came home with 3 boxes of chocolates and small toys for our kids’ stockings. One daycare family gave a gift to each of our children. One daycare family gave a nice gc so we can eat out. It will go well with a birthday promo for Dh. The other daycare family gave me nothing but stress and grief. My stress level needs to come down.

I now have 6 days off. Dh will be home 4 of those days with us.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Anytime Angela!!!!
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -sassy I feel the same as you ,I have had this cold 12 days now on Thursday night it came back with a vengeance -first runny nose ,then stuffed when I babysat yesterday I felt so tired and cara only slept 1 and a half hours ,I still took her for an afternoon walk for 20 minutes but alas my son was late getting in as he was last minute shopping after work for us -uggg

So came home and was in bed at 8.00 p.m woke up at 2 then went back to sleep

yes the sweater (perry ellis) I ordered at 4.am the other day from the bay for hubby came yesterday -pretty fast this is a 65.00 thin black half zip sweater I paid 19.99 minus 1.00 ebates for hubby (yes so pleased he has a new top for the holidays and it fit that was another bonus )

don't know if a feel like baking today which was the plan -I tell you next year I am starting baking on or around nov 1

daughter /hubby and Sebastian will get her at 9.30 or 10.00 tonight they have a family friendly get together with their friends and kids

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh and I were talking before bed last night. We barely spent $100 on Christmas gifts this year, for 25 people. Some gifts are being regifted to people who will appreciate them (dh’s work gift exchange), we were given gifts to anonymously give to our children (dh’s work), one gift I purchased with Amazon gift cards, Dh won a board game and is regifting it to a couple who like it, I SCOPed 12 items for free, twins both got second hand toys that they will love, Dh used discount promos for my gift (which was the most expensive purchase), gift bags are being reused again, wrapping paper was picked up years ago at a garage sale.

Grandpa is now paying for the colourful socks for our 3 kids, which was originally not from them.

We aren’t travelling for Christmas, so no extra expenses for eating out, gas, or hotels. I consider this to be quite a frugal Christmas.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Dec 22nd, 2018 at 04:16 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow angela that is so impressive -awesome job $100 for 25 people

i tend to spend a bit more at xmas -i love buying for my grandkids clothing ,books and nice toys this year ,but again i pick up things year round on clearance /sale

may bake one item as I am feeling good moving around doing a load of laundry now then will wash the sheets once hubby gets up

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Friday-one day after I asked Mom if she needed groceries, she agreed I had been right (Sibling would not agree to shop prior to earlier start on Friday shift) and gave me $50 to do some shopping. Last night, I picked up things at Longos and Walmart. Got home, noticed one item at first stop did not get scanned in. Returned to store to pay for it so the matter was settled. Did a can walk too. Was pleased there was only light drizzle yesterday.

I only managed to read about 15 pages of the current book on genes last night before bed (eyes droop quickly but the content is fascinating) and found out that folic acid is not a good thing for a particular gene if it's not methylating properly. My vitamin mix contains said item but I am almost done with the mixes (about 5 left, as I use 2 per day). I will be posting next week about the 7 genes the author said are most important to methylate properly-he's listed conditions that can result from fast or slow expressions of each gene.

Late start to morning but managed to have breakfast (cereal, plain toast with strawberry jame, Emergen-C), run two loads of laundry in the washer/dryer, sweep floor and give the living room a quick vacuum and airing. Feel like I need a major sugar infusion today to get through rest of the day (wave a package of strawberry or cherry nibs at me now and I'll run for them!)

Ms. Sunshine better show up this afternoon-the forecast said there'd be partial sun and I'm not seeing it (just that weird blue-gray sky that might send more powder snow flurries).

Shoppers Drug Mart has its one-day weekend sale on today. Tempted to drop in and see what's still in stock.
    Rexall (flyer) will have two Senior's Days next week: Tues and Wed. Value Village (e-mail) will move Senior's Day to Wednesday for next week only.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok the majority of my shopping is done. i finished off the last 2 shop the block things. i have enough cat litter for 2 months...lol. and i did the metro 10.00 redemtion. then went to RCSS, as thier sales were better....lmao. got a impressive 43800 in points. go me. used the 50.00 m and m gift card hubby got on his steaks ( fillet minion ) and chinese apps. picked up dog food. and home. sigh
    steak for supper.

i am waitinf for co 51 to go through , then i can cash out for the last time this year.

i need to clean the upstairs bathroom, start laundry. and spotless the kitchen. hubby is in charge finding me a movie for tonight.. and bringing down laundry.

tomorrow is pie making, and cookie making. apps for supper there.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Glad you mentioned cleaning, @Giseledta ! I have two bathroom surfaces to clean with the new spray product later today. I've been putting them off but noticed the Vim cleanser and the Comet cleanser (with soda ash) cannot tackle soap scum very well.

OK Friday and Saturday papers have been skimmed/read quickly, jotted a couple of articles to print (one did properly) and something to look for online.

Ms. Sunshine has not shown up. Total diva move there...

I'm sure that the holiday and Christmas lights will brighten up the grayness (day two of winter-how fast was that?) in the next half hour. For SCers braving malls and big box stores, may you see festive sights or find quiet nooks as you need them! Hot chocolate reps for everyone getting through today.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well, our day didn’t go as planned, but it was productive.
    I noticed that there was a leak under our bathroom sink this week. Dh and ds has to replace the two water turn off valves, about $35 for parts.
    Dh added a board to the back of a shelf, that way it can be used as a small book shelf, part of our tv stand.
    4 loads of laundry.
    Washed out 1/2 the fridge.
    Dh went to Tim’s Home Hardware, and CT.
    after supper I went to WM and NF. I was happy to finally find kids socks in stock. Now I have a few last things to wrap for Christmas.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Dec 22nd, 2018 at 10:04 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information