User Tag List

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: December 2018 Frugal chatter thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Drove to London and back today to my brothers. That’s a lot of driving but now that mom is in an apartment there is not enough room to stay over and we have a dog and if my aunt was home she would take him but she is away so he stayed at home, but we found a great service that took him out for a big walk and came back again to feed him and play with him and so it was worth it. We will use them again. We did dinner at the Mandarin. It was the easiest thing to do and next year we will do it at either my brothers or they will drive to us. Now the grandkids have partners so it’s a bigger event and my brother and SIL paid for their kids and partners and we paid for my mom and our kids and it was not cheap. It was a good day.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo -sometimes the lovely meals with family are not the cheapest,but its the memories too ,my kids always remember taking my dear mom to ~tony roma`s~ for ribs on her birthday ,she loved ribs

i just got a free 10.00 cpn from the body shop from my points program there -may head over to the mall and return hubby`s clothing and use the body shop up on sale items or i may wait and just go to talize and donate 2 bags as i would get a 30% off cpn

Noticing my stock is depleating -my laundry soap is down and i only have 4 body washes now but that's okay as i only will buy it if it`s really cheap $1.99-2.50-I am learning to not stock up on health and beauty items as much or cleaning items as only 2 of us ,plus i really didn't spend a lot in dec on groceries
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Dec 29th, 2018 at 06:31 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. house slave day as a friend calls it. lol
    i have a bunch of laundry to do . and i want to work on the 1 dc room. that should take me a couple of hours. and after yesterdays record hot weather .. we have snow this am. i did take out all the inground holiday decorations yesterday. so all the large candy cane sticks ect are at least not frozen still into the ground.

i do need to take middle child to get shoes. thiers fell apart . i bought them 2 months ago . grr. annoying
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I found a mini conair straightening brush for $12.97 (after the $15 clearance sticker was applied) at Rexall. Popped into Shoppers and bought dairy box for $6, a huge chocolate bar for $7.20, dove set for $12.50, cerave soap $3. May go back to Shoppers and get the $6 mug with strainer as I have lots of loose tea but find the mini strainer hard to clean, this mug comes with a lid too.

I don't understand Shoppers - I have only 8,000 points but have a loaded offer - if I spend 50,000 points I get 25% back....how is that relevant to me? My offers continue to be terrible.
    I have seen two colours (jade green and light red) of the ceramic mug and strainer at the Upper James/Rymal Shoppers in Hamilton. Was thinking whether to get one but I really don't want the mug, just want the strainer!
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I did not forget below is the Garlic Garlic recipe:

• 8 TBSP Dried Minced Garlic
    • 2 TBSP Dried Chopped Onions
    • 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
    • 2 tsp Garlic Salt
    • 2 tsp Dried Chives
    • 1 tsp Dried Dill weed
    • 1 tsp Dried Parsley
    • 1/2 tsp Dried Basil

To turn into dip mix 2 TBSP of Garlic Garlic with 1/2 Cup of Mayo and 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream

Also can be used as a seasoning mix on roasted potatoes, chicken or stir fry veggies.
    I am going to try this mix but substitute real garlic for the garlic items in the list and use the mix on roasted veggies. I am tiring of rosemary or curry on the veggies. Struck out on dried tarragon shopping at my Food Basics store (employee had not seen it lately either) so I will try a Metro store in the Hamilton area next week to see if any Irresistibles or Selection tarragon is on their shelves).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Giseledta -gifts-fav gift to give was today's four food items from Longos plus a tote bag and card for a friend who is retiring from another store today.
    Fav gift to me from me: actually those two items from last weekend-the silver Clinique tote bag from Talize and the leather clutch wallet on a string (strap I cut off; found item at Value Village) because of all the compartments I can use plus the chequeholder!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thursday night I went to the Bay and got my pj bottoms but not the tank tops. Even went to menswear dept. to spend 10min poring over the relevant brand section to make sure the one size was not on the racks. No luck. Yesterday, I saw that the Bay sent me a cancellation on the tank tops almost 2h after I had placed my order and a refund will be issued. I was in the store about 3h after placing the order.
    Pj bottoms (Grand Portage line-pink!) have been laundered and they have pockets! Will open the hems and make them narrower to gain more leg lengths (afternoon task). The matching drawstring flannel bag with leather patch will be saved to be used as a slipper tote.
    Last night, I returned the slippers I had purchased for Mom and got my cash refunded. Then went gift shopping once I was back in town for friend's gift, whilst lugging 8 back issues of a library magazine found at a different branch (the issues were seldom on the shelf over the spring and summer quests for them, so I've a busy weekend of reading ahead of me).

Since I have pizza toppings to play with, a pizza will be made for supper! Will mix passata and tomato paste with a little sugar for the pizza sauce like last time. I'd like a quick baked sweet but am stumped how to make it suitable for Mom (no dairy or animal products for the last week of Advent fast for her). Might just cook some fruit compote instead just to have something made.

I was able to use my last two Eggo waffle coupons this week and left the Schneiders buy 3 products get 1 free coupon in the meat section of a grocery store. Will have to toss out two attraction coupons as they expire on Dec. 31 and I won't be visiting those places by Monday.

As for budgets--will stick with paper ones since I have not been updating my Excel sheet regularly since October. Still intend to delete my past three years of spreadsheets in January to free up USB memory for other files, once I jot down some key numbers to remember the past years. I have a calendar downstairs, one in my room plus the yearly planner, and a third one by the phone in the kitchen. There's a spare condo calendar should someone need it but sibling has a few 2019 calendars he purchased and the MP sent a small 2019 one in lieu of a season's greetings card or letter. The last one will stay in the living room along with the church calendar.

It's Day Five of Christmas-five golden rings! Whether that they are in the form of finger rings, or onion rings or other circular shaped treats, enjoy your golden rings! Bonus rep if the rings include opening ceremony videos from past Olympic games (my two favourites ones were the Nagano Winter Games in 1998 (drumming!) and the Barcelona Summer Games (the archer sending a flaming arrow towards the cauldron).

Yesterday's mail included McDonald's coupons! The Angus or Seriously Chicken combo meal coupon (can pick a salad side) plus the poutine (want to see if I get a hot order this time as first time the poutine was sort of cold) coupon are of interest to me for next week.

The Salvation Army thrift sent an e-mail that Christmas items are 75% off until Dec. 31. I don't need Christmas items (as far as I know) but I want clothing sales. Treasure Hunt has its Boxing Week sales ongoing in various departments. Debating whether to take Saturday bus to Burlington to look around or just skip the deals.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    morning all. house slave day as a friend calls it. lol
    i have a bunch of laundry to do . and i want to work on the 1 dc room. that should take me a couple of hours. and after yesterdays record hot weather .. we have snow this am. i did take out all the inground holiday decorations yesterday. so all the large candy cane sticks ect are at least not frozen still into the ground.

i do need to take middle child to get shoes. thiers fell apart . i bought them 2 months ago . grr. annoying
    My New Balance shoes (bought in last week of August) continue to show seams separating. One front sole has shown a gap. Want to get one more month of wear before I toss them out. I read online that one customer heard a NB store employee say that the shoes are only made to last for three months. Seems consistent with my last three pairs purchased in 2018! I plan to visit the local discount store first (may look at non NB shoes if available) before committing to yet another online order for the same shoes for me.

Love reading that your mother is doing a bedroom reno/update! Hurrah! Love that she let you help her organize her things--that's a big deal!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just made my annual call to the cable company as I noticed my bill was creeping up again-it was worth it as I kept all the channels I watch and will save $300 per year. Gosh I think they can come up with any "special" price they choose to keep their "loyal" customers. We also have our phone and internet with the same company.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

had a very productive morning left the house at 9.00 a.m first stop fortinos
    large tin of wafers on sale 3.99
    p.c liquid laundry cold water -free of all additives (ceil I think you bought this once) 5.24-50%=2.62
    kinder train (4 kinder eggs ) 2.94i should have bought 2 as the eggs are good til may2019
    big bag of dial refill soap with a small pump of dial soap inside the bag on sale 2.94 used 10.00 in p.c points spent $23

then on to once upon a child took my grandson's clothing in and got 32.15 for it then turned around and I bought an angry bird shirt for Sebastian reduced to 1.00,pants for Ashlyn 1.00 and a joe fresh fall coat for Ashlyn 15.00 -70% off $4.50 for next year

T hen on to the beer store got 2.40 for the empties

Then over to talize I spent $28 I got 30%off as I donated 3 bags plus I got 50% on my 3 tops and pants plus got 3 puzzles and I got a new storey book,plus new socks

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Thank you Coupon Girl.

Today has been productive well productive for me given my lack of mobility lately. Laundry is done, just needs to be folded and the couch blankets are in the dryer, will head down in about 10 minutes for them.

I also managed to make it to the store, luckily it is only a 5 minute drive away, although I am feeling better not sure I could venture much further alone right now as I am still quite stiff and my body tells me if I make a wrong move. With that being said groceries were a little heavier than I probably should have carried but I should have known this as the big thing we needed was milk. Also grabbed more yogurt as it was on sale and we have been going through a ton of it lately. As well I grabbed a packaged of Mushrooms, Lettuce and Peppers.

The peppers were on sale and the bag had a number of nice small peppers in so I decided to make stuffed peppers for dinner tonight. I had already decided I wanted something vegetarian as we have had a lot of beef lately. This will also use up some leftover rice from the fridge and some mushrooms that needed to be used. Will also make a Cesar Salad to go with the Stuffed Peppers as I miss Cesar Salad in my life.

I need to start planning our New Years Eve menu. We usually just make appetizers and munchies and cover the coffee table with foods. I know we have some shrimp I will defrost, as well we have some brie I will top with Peach Jam. I am thinking of making homemade Mozzarella Sticks, as well as some Mexican Wontons and some sort of Asian Dumplings as using Wonton Wrappers. Not sure what else yet or if we need anything else.

Going to relax a little before I need to put dinner, hope everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

started my puzzle tonight -its from ravensburg - a Disney pixal movie puzzle of all different Disney characters -I am having Ashlyn sleep over one night soon ,maybe she can help me with it a bit who knows

I didn't bother to grocery shop this week ,didn't last week either mind you I spent $46 on fruit and veggies at lococos,we had fish ,french fries and corn tonight ,using up stuff in freezer

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today I downloaded the Flipster and Hoopla apps for my phone. I have a free account with each app by using my public library card. Hoopla has a limit of 5 borrowed items each month, good thing a new month is about to start. This will give me another option for digital content for me to download and take stuff with us on the plane, etc. I’m encouraging Dh to do the same. I’m having difficulty finding apps for my old iPhone 4, since we will also be taking it with us.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 I like hoopla because there is never a wait. I recently listened to a book called Nomadland. I found it really thought provoking and it certainly spurred me on my frugal journey. Our library also uses RB digital so I can get most of my favourite magazines for free. If you son has a card he can also get an account and there are some kid options. Another if your library uses it is called Libby. I get loads of e books and audio books. The limit is restrictive but this has a massive amount of kid content.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Angela273 I like hoopla because there is never a wait. I recently listened to a book called Nomadland. I found it really thought provoking and it certainly spurred me on my frugal journey. Our library also uses RB digital so I can get most of my favourite magazines for free. If you son has a card he can also get an account and there are some kid options. Another if your library uses it is called Libby. I get loads of e books and audio books. The limit is restrictive but this has a massive amount of kid content.
    Thank you. I’ll have to check it out. Our library is closed until January 2. Ds picked out 6 easy readers to read over the break.

Our twins are sick and have started their antibiotics. We are hoping that they start feeling better soon. Sick little ones is had on the entire household. We’re trying to make sure no one else gets sick. Less than 2 weeks until we leave to Cuba. The countdown is on.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information