• 2 Post By Natalka
  • 2 Post By bhlombardy
  • 1 Post By PurpleBunny89
  • 1 Post By RMurp007

Thread: Walmart Free Shipping NOT

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The item I want to order from the on-line Walmart site which offers FREE SHIPPING is going to charge me to ship the item because it comes from Babyland???? not Walmart. What is up with that?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

WM has added on all those third party sellers, which I don't appreciate either. It's a pain for looking up regular WM items, that's for sure.
    Ciel and Delsolbabi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To their defense*, Walmart isnt doing anything that Amazon hasnt already been doing for a couple of decades now, selling from their "marketplace"... and Best Buy has been doing for a number of years too.

These retailers are just reaping a commission by giving these smaller sellers a place to their sell wares.

*(I am not in a position to defend Walmart often, but all I'm saying is that they arent the first ones with this practice.)
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    WM has added on all those third party sellers, which I don't appreciate either. It's a pain for looking up regular WM items, that's for sure.
    I agree that it is super frustrating as then I have to narrow my search to things actually sold in store. Also on the other hand despite having thousands more items they still don't have very much selection in terms of everyday items.
    Natalka likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Plus, I ordered to the store for pick up and received instructions to call when I arrived at the store. So I called and was told to come inside to the service desk. There I stood in line only to be told I had to go to the on-line customer service area a few feet away. Then I had to wait for an employee as none were to be seen. I noticed my item being wheeled out so I said it was mine and then they loaded it in my car. This process kind of defeats the purpose. I thought if I called, the item would be delivered to me in my car outside the store, saving me having to park, go in, stand in line wait and then lead someone to my car. Why would I order on-line instead of just going to the store and getting it myself?
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by RMurp007 View Post
    Plus, I ordered to the store for pick up and received instructions to call when I arrived at the store. So I called and was told to come inside to the service desk. There I stood in line only to be told I had to go to the on-line customer service area a few feet away. Then I had to wait for an employee as none were to be seen. I noticed my item being wheeled out so I said it was mine and then they loaded it in my car. This process kind of defeats the purpose. I thought if I called, the item would be delivered to me in my car outside the store, saving me having to park, go in, stand in line wait and then lead someone to my car. Why would I order on-line instead of just going to the store and getting it myself?
    That sounds like an awful experience. I was wondering how this all worked....now I know NOT to order store pick-up from Walmart. Appreciate your sharing....thanks for sparing us from this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RMurp007 View Post
    Yup sounds like similar situation I had. Mine was worse though because everyone was confused as to what they were supposed to do. When they eventually found someone who knew what they were supposed to do for online orders it took them 15 minutes or more to actually go get my item and bring it to me. Not worth it at all.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i hate walmart's third party sellers.. it's hard to tell who is third party and it's all mixed in and wildly over priced
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Thread Information