User Tag List

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I dont know...

I'm not a vegetarian.. though sometimes i wish i could be (i love chicken, tuna, etc)

This question arises in my mind every day i drive to work...

I always pass this little farm area that has about 25 cows just chilling outside. Some are gathered together (like friends), some are eating their grass peacefully....

I always smile when I see them. no, not because i cant wait for dinner.. but because they are alive. everyone says cows are stupid and have brains the sizes of peas... but for some reason i cant believe that.

And then i think to myself, hey, isnt it wrong to be eating animals? I love animals.

And then the crazy question arises (hope im not the only weirdo that thinks this)... "if i was an animal, just enjoying my life, would i want someone to kill me to eat me?" (i know, im really weird)..

obviously the answer is no.

So back to the original question in the title, if you are against animal cruelty, should you be eating animals?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

well, do plants deserved to be slaughtered?
    just cause they don't say ouch, doesn't mean they aren't living things.

I thinbk it's all about keeping things in balance. Just because you eat meat doesn't mean that you can't respect animals as well.

I hate seeing stupid guys on tv, spending thousands of dollars on gear and tackle just to hook some fish through it's mouth, dangle it in front of a camera, and then rip that sucker out and toss the fish back in the water. it's insane and cruel.

And the other end of things where people take prepared food and throw it in the garbage like it's no big deal. that and food fights. there's no respect or balance in that.

Consuming meat doesn't have to be cruel.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    well, do plants deserved to be slaughtered?
    just cause they don't say ouch, doesn't mean they aren't living things.
    it was more about animal cruelty and those who are completely against it.. but still eat meat.....

Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

yeah I got it, the plants comment was like just to say that eating animals isn't cruelty, just like eating plants isn't considered cruel. If eating animals IS cruel, well why is it then considered ok to kill plants?
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

i was thinking about it this morning before i logged on. i understand now lol

Belinda's Babblings

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please join me in my new suport group.

PETP - People for the Ethical treatment of Plants!

Sorry I just couldn't help it.

Studies have shown that plants do feel things and that they react to pain, (Someone pulling off a leaf) I remember watching something on TV years ago.

I to do not belive cows are dumb, I know farmers that have dairy cows that come into the barn when they feel like it to be milked.

you can join this forum by clicking on my link below.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=18227

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So what do I do about my animals perpetrating cruelty to plants?
    Wins ~ $339.50 for 2008

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think its a balance in life, the food chain. They are animals raised for their sole purpose to feed humans, animals are humanely slaughtered, dont get me wrong I know there are places that have horrid living conditions and not humanely slaughtered, but I would like to imagine places like that didnt exsist. I do not think its cruel to eat animals...i think its cruelty when they are harmed visciously, out of anger and hatred with no remorse.
    Long Live the Frogs!
    One busy Frog hoppin' along.....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am against animal cruelty completely, and hate people that abuse animals...

However, I am omnivorous, and enjoy my meat.

I feel like Froggiestyle said, that it is part of the food chain...

As long as these animals are taken care of and their life is ended humanely without suffering, I see no cruelty in.

I myself could never kill an animal, but my Mom who was raised on a farm can kill a chicken without thinking 2ce.

Does this mean my Mom is cruel, absolutely not, she just knows that it is food, like my snake knows his mice are.

She can not however, justify any type of abuse to an animal, and that includes the people who do not put down an old animal if it is suffering...

Also, what about those people who survived that plane crash years ago, and had to actually eat dead people to stay alive...

I know they didn't kill these people, but they still ate them.
    Does this make them cruel, or inhumane...I don't think so...

I think that it is the survival instinct.

Some days I crave veggies, and some days it is meat...I try to listen to my body.

Thread Information