User Tag List

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: January 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (New Year, new calendars)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy Tuesday all...
    i have a easy start to the am . so i am getting a few things done. not sure what the day will bring... just taking it slow and easy

my oldest is activly looking for work.. but she can help put out recycles and tidy the family room as well...

i need to work on my decluttering.. i have donation people coming in a week.. and stuff needs to leave.
    weather is nice right now. might do the park and run this am . depends on when my last child shows up. might just take teh kids for a walk. not sure yet.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good morning Everyone,
    So we had a change in plans last night, Mom decided she did not want to go out so instead we ordered in Chinese which I picked up on my way home. We now have even more leftovers in our fridge as Mom ordered extras to have leftovers but we already had 3 Egg Roll Stir Fry and 2 Creamy Tomato Spinach Pasta. So we have now added 2 mixed dishes of Chinese, one of which I brought today, but I must admit it looks like a lot of food so might not eat it all today.

The change in plans means we did not grocery shop, trying to decide what my best plan of attack is as we do not need a lot but there are a few stockpile staples on sale I would love to stock up on. Only issue is I need to use coupons and 2 different PC accounts which is much easier to do when there are 2 of us. I think on my lunch today I will try to make a plan of attack, but as of right now there is one store out of town I need to go to, to stock up on Shampoo and Conditioner so I am hoping to get out on time tonight and go grab what we need. It is on sale for $3.99 plus I have $2.00 off coupons plus a PC offer of 600 pts/$3. My plan right now is to buy 10 bottles 4 shampoo and 6 conditioner as we still have some shampoo at home and we seem to go through conditioner faster than shampoo.

Last night well I waited for the Chinese to be ready I ran into Shopper's to grab more nasal mist and to my surprise it was on sale which is always a bonus. Locally buying the Shopper's brand is the best deal unless I want to drive to Wal-Mart but it is 10 minutes out of the way so what I would save making a trip to Wal-Mart I would use in gas.

Well time to get back to work and see what today will bring. Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Well I got an appointment with an Oral Surgeon today in regards to my tooth. Mist of the swelling is down but I am still in paint
    Hope you all have a great day
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    I made unscheduled trip to the hospital last night for my back I am in sheer utter agony atm. The doctor wouldn’t even investigate he said last year’s X-rays I am fine there is nothing to worry about. Oh and take my gabapentin that will help with my sheer and utter back pain. I was like “you got to be kidding right you won’t even investigate and your giving me a shot that’s it. Your an A-hole! Every doctor is the same here all you care about is my file I have here and not treating the patient with dignity and respect. Maybe I should make a formal complaint.” Then he was like “they gave you the shot your free to go home.” It was 12am in the mornin/night and there was no way home I didn’t have my bus pass with me so in sheer utter agony I walked home. I got home just before 1am. The night time staff asked me what happened i told them and he was like they didn’t call you a cab I said no. And he was surprised I walked all the way home it was roughly 14 country blocks. Which are long and if they were city blocks it would be about 30blocks. usually it takes me 30mins to walk home from the hospital but it took me an hour or so.

I keep passing out it’s not really sleeping it’s just the pain is so much.

I just went to the bathroom I grabbed a cane out of the closet to use. I moved like a snail on a good day. I unlocked my apartment door and staggered back to bed. Where I don’t know what’s worse standing, sitting or laying. I just want to sleep. the nausea comes and goes.

I don’t know what’s worse being in agony and paying for it. Or breaking my nose on the bathroom door at work in 2011... 9 years after I had a corrective rhinoplasty when I was 17.

No shopping today I have no money.

I don’t think I could do my blood work today to walk and sit there waiting that’s all the way down 224th and I live just off 222nd.

I was disrespected by a another patient apparently where I live is a determent to all working class people of this town I live in. They said I should be ashamed of myself and I told them I am ashamed of living in the same town with someone like yourself whose narrow minded and thinks everyone like myself who live in that building are a determent to society. There is reason why they say this is the hate capital of Canada for reason. Have yourself a nice day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's the same in Ontario, emergency dept will give you a pain medication injection, tell you to see your doctor and send you home. It's happened to me as well.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

On my way in today, I thought that I'll only have 21 years left after this coming birthday to contribute to an RRSP before it'd have to convert to a RRIF. And I don't have an RRSP or TFSA yet. Then I saw the RRSP ads on the digital boards while waiting for a bank teller. Better to shake a leg and not mourn the past lost years in the savings dept. (beyond the monthly Other Money successes).

Hmm, Oster Canada does not show the Rose Gold kettle on its website yet the Bay sells said kettle. What am I missing?

If you have friends and family who live in the US and drink Canada Dry, they can apply to get some cash after a court ruling about the pop not having much real ginger in it, as advertised on the product packaging. https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/ca...215200158.html

Sorry, no similar plan for Canadian fans of the pop!

Marie Kondo's "Thank You" line was used a few times this morning when I realized to make room for the new Ziploc storage containers that the old ones really had to leave (for the recycling box out at the curb) . Made the executive decision while I had the kitchen to myself. Sibling bought containers (Costco!!!) without discussion of space and what he really needed. Wish he only got the square ones and the large round ones and then went to Winners to get a small Sistema salad dressing set. Right now, there are 6 little square containers+ lids, 4 narrow small rectangular ones + lids, plus other sizes and more lids (I went into the fridge to nab the old containers except for one small one). Moved the immersion blender wand into the dry goods drawer to free up more storage drawer space. The new lids have a textured design in addition to parallel grooves=more effort to hand dry these things...
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Jan 15th, 2019 at 12:24 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Talize will have a Buy 2 and Get the 3rd one free (of equal or lesser value) sale on from January 18-20 for a wardrobe refresh (excludes new merchandise and gift cards).
    Sunday could be a double thrift store shopping day for both fans of Talize and Value Village!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    On my way in today, I thought that I'll only have 21 years left after this coming birthday to contribute to an RRSP before it'd have to convert to a RRIF. And I don't have an RRSP or TFSA yet. Then I saw the RRSP ads on the digital boards while waiting for a bank teller. Better to shake a leg and not mourn the past lost years in the savings dept. (beyond the monthly Other Money successes).
    Not specifically aimed at you, but since you brought up the topic... IIRC, it's possible to make catch-up contributions for amounts that weren't used in past years. This doesn't catch up on the tax-exempt gains the money would have made if it had been contributed earlier, but it's still usually well worth contributing as much as possible, within one's overall personal / family financial picture of course. The thing I've seen some people miss is that for those who have unused contribution space from the past, "as much as possible" is more than the single-year limit.

Another thing I know some people don't act on is the ability to contribute at any time. I've been guilty of waiting until near the deadline more than once when I could have put in smaller amounts during the year or sometimes even a single large amount at the start of the new contribution period.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

in my case... i am playing catch up. not sure if we will ever get caught up... as we had a few setbacks. however its worth effort. we put money in monthly. my thing is i am always second guessing myself on where the best spot to put money is... and really does the little bit extra really make a difference...

thoughts to deep for a tuesday.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wow. The upcoming sale flyers suck for me. I have yogurt and clementines on my list. We will be making meals from food on hand next week.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama if you do Airmiles metro has redeemed 95 AM get 50 Bonus AM 4 days that’s tempting to me

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon -slept a good 8 hours last night must have needed it ,finished my Disney 1,000 piece puzzle missing 3 pieces so I tossed it

feeling a lot better this cold has only lasted a week and sassy I love using the nasal spray-plus they don't go on sale that often

I just ordered off indigo as they have free shipping for a few days I decided I wanted to do a puzzle 1,000 piece that has all the piece's ,tired of missing pieces but not willing to pay 8.00 or more for puzzles (my being frugal I guess) so ordered a pancake /syrup puzzle for 5.00 and a few books for the grandkids that were on sale may put away for easter or may give them one for valentine's(I love buying for my grandkids)

flemeth -hope you feel better soon

wow ceil-double dipping at 2 thrift stores ,not for me it takes a few hours just to get thru one store -I may need to get to value village soon as I have a 30% off card good til end of jan ,and a buy 5.00 save 2.00 cpn
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Frugalbigmama if you do Airmiles metro has redeemed 95 AM get 50 Bonus AM 4 days that’s tempting to me
    Thanks but I don't have one close by

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I took a pocket full of loonies to Foodbasics and spent $15 and change.

1.88 Wraps (will make DS chicken wraps for his lunch Thursday and for dinner Friday Chicken ceaser wraps)
    2.88 Mushrooms
    2.88 Romaine
    1.88 coconut cookies
    2.88 eggs
    2.88 frozen sliced strawberries (for smoothies)

We need nothing now for the next week and a half at least. I have lots of meal ideas.

I brought the groceries home on my lunch and took out of the freezer BLSL chicken breasts (for the pasta dinner tonight and the wraps) and a bag of chicken drumsticks (marked April 2018) that I will make homemade spices for and bake in oven for the boys. They gobbled them up last time so using my oven cooking time wisely!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner was a hit. Leftovers for DS's lunch tomorrow. Kitchen is clean. Dishwasher on. Pots drying on counter. Laundry on the go. 1 load put away already. One in dryer and one in washer and the rest sorted ready to wash. Made DS's bed with fresh bedding.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I desperately need a sale on BLSL Chicken. Both DH and I have a PCO offer too. So I am pushing it through now for next week. Yesterday I fed my family a prime rib dated December 2017. No one died. Tomorrow it’s the oldest sons turn to make dinner and he is doing pork tenderloin. Then the leftovers of both will make a hotpot for DH to have for lunch. Freezer is looking good. I may push the challenge out another few weeks. It’s forcing the kids to eat up staff they wanted then forget about like pizza pops. The family is helping with the eat from the freezer/pantry challenge and appreciated the brownie I made tonight.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information