User Tag List

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: January 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (New Year, new calendars)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

One way to stop spending...misplace your #1 credit card. I had it in my hand getting into the car on the weekend and it fumbled. It is black and so is my interior. I need to take a look in the sunlight today under the seats. I put a hold on it incase it fell out of my car and is really lost but I am hoping I find it today.
    Ciel likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -I just ordered from the gap (free shipping)a plain grey long sleeve top for Sebastian 6.29-.24 ebates =6.05 for his birthday in sept or next xmas -always looking for small deals I am, and i find its harder to find boys clothing on clearance ,always tons of girls

Today,goal try to get a bit of cleaning done-hummm might not as I am doing a 1,000 piece bird puzzle
    Go to shoppers for seniors day and only buy a few items ,milk ,eggs etc
    Then on to the library to get my hold books .

Supper tonight pasta -easy peasy
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I did our shopping last night, I knew going in it was going to be fun as I was using coupons and 2 different PC accounts and Price Matching and of course just my luck the store was super busy. Normally when my shopping lists are like this I get Mom to come with me so we can do 2 transactions and I can keep everything straight but she ended up working late last night.

I got:
    2 x Peameal @ $1.88/lb
    12 x Classico Pasta Sauce @ $1.88 plus 4400 PC Points
    4 x Garden Cocktail @ $1.00
    2 x Palmolive Dish Soup @ $1.88
    1 x Almond Milk @ $2.88
    1 X Bananas @ $0.57/lb plus 100 PC Points
    1 x Mushrooms $3.88 plus 400 PC Points
    8 x Broth $1.88 - 2x Buy 3 Get 1 Free plus 3000 PC Point
    1 x Raspberries $1.88
    1 x Blueberries $1.88

I have not looked at this week's flyers yet but I am hoping we really do not need anything as next week is going to be totally insane for me. I have a meeting Monday afternoon, all day Tuesday (this meeting will include Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and than another meeting Wednesday (this one will only be Breakfast & Lunch). Which gives me Thursday and Friday to catch up at work and I cannot work next weekend as we have a family event Saturday.

I have been working hard at meal planning and not eating out, so far so good only Take Out was Chinese for Mom's Birthday which I knew we would be eating out for. With that being said my kitchen currently looks like a bomb went off, since Mom has been working late we have been eating later which means I usually end up eating and going to bed. My plan was to tackle it last night but I was so tired I told Mom I would deal with it tonight since I can just go straight home from work and this will be the first thing I do.

I am not sure about tonight's dinner yet, I was supposed to be on my own for dinner tonight so my plan was to just have leftovers but Mom's shift got changed but now she may have to work late. I will not know until 4 or later if she has to work late which kind of sucks for planning. Normally I would just plan a meal and make it but since we already have so many leftovers in the fridge and it is Thursday I do not want to add more. But leaves me with Dinner as a big question mark.

Well better get back to work, I would like to be out on time if possible to tackle the kitchen so it is done and I do not have to think about it. Have a great day everyone.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

so , just went t my local foodland. Hubby wanted some chips. cool.. nice coupon on them ,,, buy 3,.... get 1 case of pepsi products free. yep.. once again... cashiers refused it. the coupon was on one of their chips. ... seriously.
    i am taking a beat. as this is a very small town.. but seriously .. they need to freakin train their cashiers.
    i may still send a message. i try to be a positive person... and try not to complain. but seriously. this is not the first time. really freakin tired of being treated like i steal when i use a coupon
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My coffee pot has been driving me nuts. The carafe was broken in the summer so I bought a replacement that dripped when I poured coffee. I was about to break down and buy a new coffee maker and then I found one on fb. I bought it thinking the carafe would fit but it does not. It’s a nicer coffee maker than mine anyway so I am going to swap them out, but first I need the reusable filter as they don’t match. The filter will cost more than the coffee pot since I only paid 10.00 for it.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!! It is snowing here and we are expecting a deep freezer starting this afternoon till Monday.

I cleaned up the kitchen this morning before we left. DS will be getting $ for lunch and a drink I brought from home when I meet him at the arena to take his hockey bag. We all just fended for ourselves for dinner last night since I had a headache when I got home. I will whip up a feast tonight with lots of leftover for the boys for tomorrow since we are going to visit friends out of town.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    Finally got my tooth extracted yesterday.I will be resting all day since it hurts and I git some Tylenol 3 for the pain.
    Hoping my DH will do the AM deal at Metro today for me since there is no coupons that he have to give.
    Would not be able to take advantage of all the days but it's okay.

Have a great Friday all
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Managed to get the kitchen cleaned last night, took a little longer than I would have liked cause my back started to act up so I had to stop a couple time. Today it keeps tweaking so thinking I might head home and sit with a heating pad on it for a bit in hopes that it does not try to go out on me.

Trying to decide if I will stop at No Frills on the way home and grab some ground beef. Last time I got ground beef we cooked the whole pack and then froze the Cooked Ground Beef which I have to say has come in very handy for Crock Pot, Instant Pot and various other recipes. I think I actually prefer to just cook the ground beef then turn it into Taco Meat vs Freezing Taco Meat, I find it has better flavour this way as it always seems to dry out when I freeze the cooked Taco Meat and re heat it.

Not much else on the go, was supposed to have plans with Mom this weekend but it looks like she is working now so guess it will be plan B. I do not have a plan b yet but based on what the weather is saying it will be something in doors. Maybe clean my closet, I will come up with a plan tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Happy days! I am hopefully getting my couponing techniques out there into the world come this February. I will be running a couponing seminar with Gateway Niagara (An organization that helps individuals with mental health issues by providing housing). So I will be visiting their main location (Welland) and teaching some of the individuals there a little bit about how to coupon. Hopefully it might lead to something in the future, or even just teaching more sessions with Gateway.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good morning Everyone,
    Up early which is nice, normally I feel like I can get a jump on the day but I am quite tired today as I did not sleep well.

I did stop at No Frills last night and grabbed 2 family packages of Ground Beef on sale for $2.77/lb plus I got 2200 PC Points as I had an offer for fresh beef. I cooked up both packages used some of the meat to make Taco Meat and instead of Taco Salads I ended up making what I can Taco Bundles. Taco Bundles are meat veggies (only mushrooms last night) and cheese wrapped in a Tortilla and baked until crisp. I had mine over a Salad so when the filling fell out of the bundle it fell into my Salad. The rest of the meat is in containers in the fridge which will packaged and frozen today.

Laundry is sorted and going now.

Not sure what the day will bring yet, going to drink a little more tea and then decide on Breakfast. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    I will be resting on my couch all day today either reading or watching TV.
    Have a great Saturday all

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all -had fun babysitting cara yesterday took her out to meet ashlyn form the school bus around 3.00 just for a few minutes ,decided to treat hubby and i to fortinos hot food had 3,200 in personal points offer from it -but I also grabbed a few offers instore before I ordered the food
    (2) highliner fillets in box 7.99 plus personal offer of 3,200 points in total
    1 bag of 3 pound potatoes 3.99-800 points =3.19they were all out of the 5pound bags and I don't need a 10 pound for just hubby and I -but man potatoes are sure on the rise in price lately
    blueberries 1.77-200 points=1.57
    plus a few other items-spent 30.41 but redeemed 10.00=20.41

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Reversed vehicle in driveway so that I can just drive out due to snowstorm. The kitty drama continues with the three cat beds.....so funny to watch them. Need to pick up cat food today but may wait till tomorrow as the snow is really coming down.

My freezer is now mostly empty, time to restock as a full freezer is supposed to work better (top freezer of fridge). Hope to get into the Elle beauty trial......fingers crossed.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    still mad at foodland. i went to independent instead for my weekly veggies ext. last night.
    took advantage of some good bonus points. then hit shoppers today .. milk, eggs. garbage bags. cream. and bonus points there as well.
    i have no pln for leaving the house. nadda . plan is housework.. jammies.. movies with hubby.
    and my clicking.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Kind of pissed off right now. I sliced my finger open on the immersion blended this morning and could not get the bleeding to stop. The cut looks deep to me so I was worried and tried to go to the walk-in.

The receptionist would not even put me on the list to see the doctor. First I was told they were going on lunch and would not start seeing patients again until 1, okay fine I will come back then it changed to 1:30 still fine, I will come back. The I got told their 6 patients in front of me, okay fine whatever I will wait.

Then she asks why I was there (found it funny she didn't ask to start) so I explained I cut my finger and I could not get it to stop bleeding. To which she told me I was wasting my time at a walk-in as they do not do stitches, I said I do not think I need stitches but could the doctor look at my cut and if I need stitches then I will go to the hospital, I would just like it looked at.

I was then told I should have phoned before I came, I said I did try 4 times but no one answered so I decided to just come over. Then she decides to get mad at me and tells me how busy she is and I am not the only one looking to see the doctor. I was not even mad at this point and said I understand, can she just look at my cut.

I was then told I would be wasting everyone time as the doctor would not even let me take the band aid off in case it started to bleed again, then I will re bandage it. Again I explained I just want her to let me know if I need stitches, if I do I will go to the ER but I do not want to waste their time since you constantly hear them asking people not to come if it is not an emergency as they are so over run with patients. To which I was told oh don't worry you will be the bottom of the list and will wait all afternoon to be seen as it is not an emergency it is just a cut.

At this point I was a little upset and I guess you could see it in my face as she said look your the one who wasted your time coming if you had a left a message I would have called her back and told you not to come. Well I was upset now so I pointed out I listened to your whole message and did does not say to leave a message and you cannot leave a message as soon as it finishes saying your hours it clicks and the line goes dead and I again can she just look at my cut. I was then told it is not my fault I do not know how to use a phone and it was time for me to stop wasting her time she was not putting me on the list.

Maybe it was the lack of sleep or the trauma from the cut but at this point I was pretty much in tears and just kind of stunned and stood there for a minute and her final parting shot was, you can leave now.

Moments like this I hate that my family is known in the community as I would really like to post about this horrible experience but we have to worry about backlash and fake reviews being posted about our business (yes it has happened, wasn't me but another family member).

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information