User Tag List

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: January 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (New Year, new calendars)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Boy I am having a hard time getting motivated grocery shopping lately. I spent $15 at RCSS. Will give me some stuff to work with for fresh meals.
    I bought:
    .97 x 3 cucumbers
    1.67 cantelope
    2.50 toothpaste (needed a change)
    2.00 loaf of bread
    bananas
    3.77 cheese

Someone took a package of bacon out of the freezer so I will cook that up tomorrow. We have romaine to use up and a package of wraps. So I think I will cook up chicken and chicken ceaser wraps can be feasted on by DS since he is off from exams and the 2nd semester doesn't start till after the weekend. I should also make up a pasta bake so it's easy for him to just heat up and eat. Will dig around the freezer for some ideas. I have cooked rice and chicken in freezer too so can make chicken fried rice for DS as well since he loves it.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I have a low grade fever ,but I still decided to make carrot /ginger soup (my dear daughter was making it as she talked to me on the phone ,this is my first time using ginger in a soup and I only grated a tiny bit ,lets hope it is fine -I don't have frozen corn so will open a can and use a bit

Hubby goes to his doctor on Tuesday ,he just went out to pick up Ashlyn and he fell going down the front steps (we cant use salt as it will ruin our new front porch ) but of course he wasn't hanging on to the steel railing and had his loafer 's on , I hope he is okay later on he will get home at 5.00 p.m

supper tonight lasagna

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Blustery day today and the snow is still coming down. DH has had the snow blower out twice. The older son worked tonight, I wanted to drive him, DH suggested I was overprotective (he is not wrong). I missed all the bonus PCO offers this weekend because none of it was stuff we needed or used and since I am actually making space in the freezer I did not want to add to it. @greentires4me good they figured out what was wrong, but sucks that you were not taken seriously the 1st time @coupongirl I hope your DH is ok
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Its a snow day here so no School
    Our driveway and side walk is cleared by myself, DH and the snowblower. Lots of snow..
    Was supposed to got out to used a few coupons that will expired in a couple days so will see how it goes later. @coupongirl hope you and your DH is Okay @greentires4me glad the figured what’s wrong with you. Hope you get better soon
    Have a great day all

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

buses are cancelled. exams are moved over ... things are getting interesting.
    i have a bunch of teens asleep inthe family room,... who were concerned about driving from thier houses ( country roads) into town for todays exam..

tonight i go for a xray for sinuses.
    if weather is ick. i will rearrange it to next week. even though honestly, i just want to get info about what is going on with it.

Sheridan collage is down for the day.. i am hoping middle can get caught up on stuff. and get some rest.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! The driveway will be dealt with today. Lots of snow here too.

I took out a striploin roast, peameal roast and lots of boneless skinless chicken breasts. So I will be cooking tonight. I will use up the bag of brussel sprouts up from the freezer for my dinner/lunch tomorrow since no one else likes them. Green beans for the rest. Hope to do up a bunch of dinner plates so they can just heat and eat. The fridge needs a good wipe out tonight too. Good night to play in the kitchen.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I decided Sunday was going to be a lazy day for me, I said around drinking tea, took a detox bath (felt like I might something coming on and had been around a bunch of sick people recently) and then relaxed on the couch as Binge watched Grey's. It was lovely.

Yesterday did not get much done, I was still feeling a little off but did manage to make it through the work day. When I got home I was really tired, dozed off for a little bit around 6 on the couch and then went to bed at 7:30. Sadly for some unknown reason I was awake at 1 am with my back and stomach bothering me. But so far today I am done feel 100% but I would say 90%.

I forgot my lemons to drink but had some cinnamon sticks and ginger in my bag so that is what I am sipping on today. I find it is really helping me keep my water consumption up in this cold weather to drink warm water with various healthy benefits added (Lemon, Ginger, Cinnamon).

The finger is heeling nicely, since I will be at my desk all day today, I do not have it bandaged as I am trying to use my finger again. I think it is a mental thing but I find when I have a band-aid on I do not use my finger, I tend to keep it stuck out and avoid using it, So today my goal is to use it to type again as not using it is tricky.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks for all the well wishes ,hubby is okay .I am another storey still on these strong meds til thursday ,my foreshead is still faintly red from either shingles or contact dermatits wound ,but i had a cold before all of this and now i am crouping with headache ,so I decided to wear a mask around the house so hubby wont get it .

I am so sick and tired of being sick

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@coupon girl hope you get better really soon

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Fluffy snow is falling on and off. I am not keen on the coming overnight low for tonight. Saw this morning on CHCH Morning Live that Sheridan College was closed but the Hamilton university and college were open. So too was Niagara College! Niagara Region could rival London ON for place most likely to get a dump of snow in the Southern Ontario area during winter.

The libraries delayed opening by an hour and there was a handy recording on the phone line to let patrons know. Thus I trekked to get something for Mom at Walmart, the Vileda Supertwist mop & pail set (on sale for $17.99-coupon inside for Vileda Scrunge expired last month, though) at Canadian Tire and hopefully a new rec room fluorescent light fixture at Lowes. Except Lowes had a narrower version of our unit so I guess I have to hunt around for it online. It was super sloppy on the road shoulder for a cart with stuff so I walked about 3/4 of the way on the road when traffic flow permitted. Not happy about one plow making a section clear then another one (road or someone's contractor) dumping a windrow or heaping a mound right in the walk area. Should have taken my plastic shovel to be my third leg today, just as I did on Sunday.

I popped plenty of popcorn after dinner last night. First time for two batches of kernels, less than half of the Orville kernels did the jump. Second time around for the unpopped kernels was the charm-most did jump and pop. Yes, I melted butter for the lot! I read before going to bed at 10pm, woke up after midnight, back to bed then up just before 6am. Had a quick snacky breakfast with juice then went to deal with the snow (including whatever buried the trash and green bin) before the crews came around after 8am to collect. Ms. Sunshine beamed lots. I uncovered the spot with the seeds I had tossed out on Sunday. No bird came to the spot but yesterday a large crow did enjoy some seeds. Well, the seeds will freeze again and be under snow if the birds don't get in to feed soon.

Will put up the February thread while the thought is on my mind...snow globe effect is happening outside again...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am wondering about tomoorrow am.. what is the weather going to be ... and if anything will be shut down
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

January is nearly over and February is on its way. My birthday is next week. No real plans yet. I’ve made plans to go to a movie with a girlfriend this weekend.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy hump day! Cold day here today!

In the fridge I have a cooked striploin roast, peameal roast and 4 chicken breasts. Dinner will be easy to put on the table tonight Have a pack of romaine to use up since I see a sale coming again tomorrow so salad is on the menu!

Tonight- finish laundry. That is the goal!
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning finally starting to feel a tiny bit better ,not croupy coughing as much as the other day still have a fever now and then ,so even thou I need groceries it will wait til I am better ,using up whats in the house
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

coupongirl... glad you are feeling better.

ok. 1 child already sent home with pink eye. its been a lovely ( insert sarcasm) week so far.

i have chicken , with scalloped potaotes for supper and steamed cauliflower. ..hmmm yummy.
    i need to mail a letter today,, and check the maill . beyond that i am not going out.
    since i have all nappers today. i am hoping to fold a basket of laundry, and do a bit of dusting. I will vacume after work.
    should be a pretty relaxed day.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information