User Tag List

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: January 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (New Year, new calendars)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    Happy New Year everyone! Like a lot of people here, my resolution is to make this the most frugal year ever. I may have to spend as much or more than in other years, but it won't be for lack of trying to cut back. The world has just become more expensive. This morning I looked through the Canadian Assoc. of Retired Persons Ultimate List of Discounts https://dealhack.ca/blog/canadian-senior-discounts. BTW, some of the discounts start at 50. Wish I could afford to retire...but that's a different subject.
    @wendymac thanks for the link, I will have to take a close look as I am almost 52 so there may be some saving here. @flemeth please do join, the best part of the New Year is all the people that find our little corner and we love fresh ideas and encouragement for any and all.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Welcome Flemeth
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

welcome flemeth-come on in we love to have more the more the merrier -lol

just ordered p.j's from the bay 19.99 with my 15% off (for using my credit card came to 16.99(as the ones form Costco my son/daughter-in-law bought me are too small and pants are too hot )plus a water bottle stainless steel ,plus xmas socks for next year ,plus socks for Ashlyn for easter

anyway gotta go as Ashlyn is here for the day and overnight (flemeth ) my granddaughter is 5 -we are taking her out for supper too -another splurge but hey at least we save in some parts of our life

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.
    I am also hoping to learn lots from this thread
    I am always frugal as I say to myself but my sister think I am just cheap.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to thriftys yesterday to buy a bottle of sparkling juice opened and it and tasted like liquor.

I woke up this morning and had a migraine from hell. So I took medication and went back to sleep at about 7am and woke up 12:45pm. I feel like it hasn’t gone away. Or maybe the sparkling juice was actually turned into liquor maybe sitting on the store shelf too long?

A friend is having issues I need talk later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Tue, Jan 1st, 2019 at 05:11 PM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My family totally does not get my frugal ways and usually look at me like I have 5 heads or in some cases this looks that is a combination of huh and what. I have also gotten lectures over my frugalness and what they would have done but I usually just walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.
    I am also hoping to learn lots from this thread
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Question for everyone, do you have goals for this year that do no include finances or might even go in the opposite direction of being frugal???

For myself, I have a few:
    I want to try more new recipes this year, I find we just keep having the same things over and over and that is when we do more take out or I lose the want to cook

I also want to try to find more time for myself, although I am the project queen and the gogetter, I am hoping to take on less this year. Yes I know I already have projects lined up but I am going to try to limit how many I take on at one time as my big issue last year was being on every big project and working nights and weekends to keep on top of them all.

As well even though it is not frugal I want to do more things for myself, like getting a massage or taking part in activities that may cost money but are for me to relax and enjoy vs being so worried about the money.

I also need to take better care of myself, my health has been an on going issue through 2018 and in some areas this is my fault for not taking better care of myself. One big thing will be eating properly it used to be when I traveled I would forget to eat but now I find even on days where I am in my office I get busy and before I know it, it is like 1:30 and I have not eaten anything even though I have been up since 5.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

lol. i have people look at me that way as well most of the time i just let it roll off my shoulders.. sometimes i take it personally... but i am working on that.

Aquaman was nice. it was a decent movie. used my scene card.. got a amazing amount of points. like omg
    sent oldest to my moms for her recycling . took ours out. work is tomorrow.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    I like to think I'm frugal so I don't have to be cheap. ;p

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I don’t think I am cheap. My sister live in a different country from me. And she is single and don’t have a care in the world. Her kids are all married . Where as I still have 2 kids at home 1 in Her second year at University who lived out and the other who just finish getting Her degree so if I can save I will

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I don’t usually set too many goals.
    I have been a stayed at home mom for a long time. I do a lot of volunteering with my time still. I plan on not doing so much and have some more time for myself.
    Also my health is my top priority. @SassyAshley I know what you mean about meal. I don’t usually be the one to make dinner my DH loves to cook so he does that but I usually choose what dinner is. Plan also to try some new dishes at least once a week.
    I love to help others in need so I am always find sales and ways to help. I would not stop doing these things because it’s something that I love to do.

Myself and my DH don’t usually take vacation by ourself we did it this year and it was great so plan on taking 1 vacation a year the 2 of us alone without my DDs. So that’s something that’s not frugal

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Question for everyone, do you have goals for this year that do no include finances or might even go in the opposite direction of being frugal???
    i need to lose weight.
    i need to find balance.. and find myself a bit
    i turn 50 this year. scary but true i need to figure out a bit about the 2nd half of my life.
    i need to do things that make me happy
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Goals, still working on them but I want to read 24 books and listen to 24 and catch up on my podcasts. I have been wasting my commute on Facebook. I also need to lose weight, I gained 15 pounds since my dad passed and I needed to lose 25 before that so it’s a big number. I am also going to learn to knit. Not sure what I want to knit but I have always wanted to learn.
    Cleared out my coupons. It always feels good to start fresh and there was not many left but I was sad to see the pizza coupon go, I just never found a decent price so I only used a few and they were the only ones I traded for this year.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. I did 1 load of laundry will hang dry them inside since the heater will be working like crazy since it’s cold out.
    Then I am going to take on the task of cleaning out my coupons.
    May be go to RCSS to checkout if there is any new ones on the board and checkout if there Chocolate are at a decent price. And there Christmas stuff.
    Have to return something at SDM .
    Still have to think what’s for dinner.
    2 Meals will have to be prepared .since My Youngest DD is still home and don’t go back to university until this weekend. She is a vegetarian. Who only eats eggs , no meat or fish.
    Have a great morning all
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Goals, still working on them but I want to read 24 books and listen to 24 and catch up on my podcasts. I have been wasting my commute on Facebook. I also need to lose weight, I gained 15 pounds since my dad passed and I needed to lose 25 before that so it’s a big number. I am also going to learn to knit. Not sure what I want to knit but I have always wanted to learn.
    Cleared out my coupons. It always feels good to start fresh and there was not many left but I was sad to see the pizza coupon go, I just never found a decent price so I only used a few and they were the only ones I traded for this year.
    @lilo0003 are you sure your pizza coupons exp. I traded for those also and they are 2 different dates and different kinds. 1 of mine exp Jan 31/19

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information