User Tag List

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: January 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (New Year, new calendars)

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Just top of mind:

beef
    pork
    chicken
    holiday candy
    canned tomatoes
    baked beans
    broth boxes

There's undoubtedly more that just doesn't spring to mind atm. It would probably be a good idea to make a list to carry with my coupons to help prevent absentmindedly buying them just because I happen to see a sharp deal.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

adding furnace filters to my list.

i will addd .. if i find a super good amazing deal.. i will buy the item for the food bank . Deo , shampoo, cleaners, laundry female products baby items.... i find the food banks always need those.....
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    adding furnace filters to my list.

i will addd .. if i find a super good amazing deal.. i will buy the item for the food bank . Deo , shampoo, cleaners, laundry female products baby items.... i find the food banks always need those.....
    I agree with you @Giseledta also the shelters are grateful for them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I just took a peek at the Sobeys Ontario Flyer and the 50AM wub 2 of the Barilla Ready to eat Pasta for Blue Friday is awesome when combine with the $1.00 coupon. Too bad for me Sobeys us way out for me about 1/2 drive.

Bought Bear Paws crackers at Frescho for $0.49 each after PM and coupons.Will give it to our Local School when U go tomorrow to volunteer
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

flemeth -i dont have anything for her to trade for them -oh well

went out looking for a pocket calender today indigo had a few 6.00 each and up ,micheals didn't get any in this year and pharmasave when I asked they told me they use to have free ones then the lady found one for me =free

micheals had 80% off xmas stuff what was left -I got 2 colour changer matchbox cars 1.20 each and 2 Barbie outfits 1.60 each for the grandkids and a wine stopper for son-in-law 2.40 for next year plus a few xmas picks .60

then at pharmasave got small quality street 1.90 (I love quality street)
    medium kinder egg 1.75-awesome deal
    5-russell stover santa -carmel .25 each
    plus a white hot chocolate mix for me a treat 1.29-drinking it now

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

What not to buy on my list:

Chickpeas
    Cans of soup
    Tea
    Sugar
    Chocolate chips
    Oil
    Rice
    Pasta
    Bars of soap
    Toothpaste/toothbrushes
    Razors
    Kraft dinner

I have an over abundance of all of it listed above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wanted to go to Walmart/No Frills to get a few items and use my change that I had collected for a household shopping spree in Jan. (I have $197 for this) I spent $29 at Wal-mart and $15.82 at No Frills (all change)
    They had containers of peanuts on for $1 with a Nov 2020 Expiry date. Bought a few for Fathers/Christmas stocking gifts. Thinking ahead!
    Also grabbed 4 bags of Stacey Baked chips for $1.47 after sale and 50% off sticker good till June. Will grab more next time since this is awesome to bring for gatherings with friends with hummus and spinach dip!!! Looks like I spent lots but didn't
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I spent a lot at Costco yesterday and have decided to return one expensive item $69.99 - I have a humidifier so the Ella vaporizer is going back. I prefer to just use essential oils with reed sticks (which are reusable) instead. I found pharmasave has essential oils for $7.99 for 10ml (Natures gate?), much cheaper than other stores.

I was looking to find a nice lavender balm (not made in China) to use at night to help me relax. Does anyone know of a good brand that is reasonable?
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis -I bought from "thymes" a lavender body lotion 2.5 oz small bottle I think it retails for 12.00 but I got it at "pluto" a used store for 4.00 a few months back -smells so relaxing and I really like it

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@barbis9 Not sure if the lavender & camomile? essential oils in 3 or 4 bottle pack for $16.99 at Winners are made in USA but I saw them on Sunday in the checkout maze of impulse items (Upper James Hamilton). Not familiar with lavender balm but there's a lavender vendor in the Hamilton area. Let's see what products they have:
    https://www.weirslanelavender.ca/col...your-body-face
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Found 60 cents in cans yesterday after before my bread purchase at Fortinos.
    Did an evening walk whilst visiting Longos (two treats) and Value Village (found 2 sets of note cards bagged together for $2.99-score!). The evening bag netted me $1.20 this morning.

Have noticed that I have tossed out two pairs of socks in the past three weeks and 2 Bic Atlantis pens (they ran out) in the past week. Might have to see if Staples does another sale on Atlantis in late winter or spring for the pens as I only bought one pack last summer but donated it. So my last two pens are it unless I find a bag at Value Village of alternate retractable pens.

So far this month, I am trying not to buy any shampoo (holding off on the Herbal Essences bio renew for two weeks) or large garbage bags. I keep running out of other things like pasta. Have had to toss out a partial bottle of passata (over a week in the fridge), a couple of leftovers and some stale bread. Really need to keep tabs on spoilage or forgotten food-cannot afford to lose food given price increases. I want deals on tropical fruits!

I read most of the book Dirty Genes and the author mentioned that artificial B9 (folic acid) can attach to receptors for methylfolate (natural B9) which can impair body functions. If you buy US produced processed foods, you will see folic acid in enriched bread, pasta, cereal, cornmeal, rice, flour and other grains. I'll have to read labels on Canadian produced foods since I eat cooked pasta often, rice too and some cereal (mostly US imports and a couple Cdn ones) and sliced bread plus wraps or buns in takeout fast food meals. Two genes definitely out of the seven discussed in the book are issues for me and likely a third one but I did not take the time to tally how fast or slow my genes seem (check off various statements about issues or moods encountered) to be certain.

My library hold for Liver Rescue came in and I'm diving into that book tonight!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I spent a lot at Costco yesterday and have decided to return one expensive item $69.99 - I have a humidifier so the Ella vaporizer is going back. I prefer to just use essential oils with reed sticks (which are reusable) instead. I found pharmasave has essential oils for $7.99 for 10ml (Natures gate?), much cheaper than other stores.

I was looking to find a nice lavender balm (not made in China) to use at night to help me relax. Does anyone know of a good brand that is reasonable?
    @barbis9 - For a lavender suggestion, I use Sleepy Body Lotion and Sleepy Shower Gel from LUSH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have to admit this week has been a little up and down for me. I am still struggling with my health, the good news is the blinding headaches are gone but most days I can still feel that I have a headache there if I do certain things (coughing is very very bad). As well I am not sure why but I cannot sleep through the night I keep waking up and the issue is when I wake up, I tend to be awake for anywhere from an hour to 2 hours and then when I sleep some night I cannot sleep more than an hour at a time. There have been a few days this week I have gone to work on very little sleep. I have tried a few things to help me sleep but if I am lucky it works for 1 night but then the next night I am back to my pattern of waking up.

Last night I decided I needed to go grocery shopping, we did not need a lot but we had a few must have items plus I found a few things on sale I decided to stock up on (my small shop wasn't so small in the end). I got:
    12 x Beef Broth $1.88 plus I had a coupon for Buy 3 Get 1 Free plus I should be getting 200 pt/$1 Spent (will explain this later)
    2 x No Name Fries $1.87 plus 200 pts/bag
    2 x No Name Mushrooms $3.97 + 200 pts/$
    4 x No Name Tortellini $1.88
    1 x Milk $4.97
    4 x Garden Cocktail $0.99
    2 x Kraft Ranch Dressing $0.99 (large 475 ml bottle)
    4 x Pears $0.88/lb
    1 x Baguette $0.88
    1 x Rice $3.00 (normally buy the big bag but didn't want to haul it in the house so a small one will get us until we get a PC Offer as we buy the No Name one)

I am hoping to get my points for the broth and fries as I had offers for both but apparently my card did not scan. The cashier scanned my card but apparently it did not go through which I understands happens but then to hear as I was bagging my groceries that her scanner was not working all day and she has been keying in cards but was hoping it was working again slightly annoyed me. I am missing 5200 points which I put an inquiry in for last night but have not heard anything back yet.

Other than that not a lot going on, basically all I get done in a day right now is work, making dinner, clean up from dinner and I am done but that is the lack of sleep kicking in. I am hoping I over come this soon and can get back to "normal." As I have a few things I would like to tackle at home.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, it is finally sunny here which is nice to see.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Well I can tell the oldest is home after being away for a few weeks....food is gobbled up! He ate all the roast beef!! But he did take a cooked peameal roast out of the freezer and put in fridge so I sliced that up and made DS a sandwich with that for his lunch. I will fry it up with eggs and toast for dinner! I had no dinner plan so it's perfect

I washed up the dishes this morning before work so the kitchen is clean and ready to make dinner.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all . Today I am going to try and do a deal on candles and if all goes well I will be getting some Cracker Barrel Block Cheese for Free. I have some candles coupons for $3.00 and it's on sale for $1.99 . My fingers are crossed because it will be up to the Cashier or the CSM what the do.
    @sassy Ashely hope you feel better soon. And you get your points. Hang on to your receipt because you might be asked to send it in. Happen to me before.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information