User Tag List

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: January 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (New Year, new calendars)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a $4 pickup this morning. She completely forgot yesterday, and rescheduled twice today. Just glad the small item is gone before our trip.

Dh sent me a text this morning to tell me he’ll be home late from work today. I’m ok with it. I’ll be finishing up the packing today. All our luggage will be loaded into the van this evening and the carryon bags will wait until the morning. We plan on leaving the house at 8am. I already reminded ds’ classroom teacher.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:25 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nice angela -enjoy your family trip

day 2 of organizing (paper work),I don't think I will go to shoppers today even thou it is seniors day -as I will wait for the weekend 20 times the points ,my p.c offers this week were not that great anyway

then may work on my Disney 1,000 piece puzzle

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Angela273 Enjoy you family Vacation in the hot weather. If I remember right you are going to Cuba lucky you all .Have fun and eat all the tropical fruits and Fresh fish

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have been feeling pretty under the weather all week, like going to bed 2 hours early. Its not the flue and its not a cold. Its also resulted in no appetite, even coffee tastes bad. I am not sure why I feel so run down but the loss of appetite is not a bad thing. I am working at home today as my youngest has pulled a muscle in his back and so I need to get him into massage. I was able to get him an appointment for 3 & all his teachers post the work online so he will be able to stay on top of it. There was just no way he could have sat in a chair at school all day.
    Currently my what not to buy list is everything as we are spending January using up what we have, although Costco has our favourite salmon on sale this week so I will go for that and get milk. Last year I said no more cleaning products of any kind and I think I may be good until I die for household cleaners and I expect to need dishwasher tabs in about 4 months and laundry soap in 6 months.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yes, we’re taking a family trip to Cuba. We are staying at an all inclusive family resort for 7 nights. It is the first time taking the kids on a plane. It will also be the first time ging to Cuba.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-enjoy your week in the sun-and no cleaning and cooking!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Have fun Angela
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good afternoon Everyone,
    Well I ended up fighting with PC for my points, they tried to deny my inquiry because it was my fault my card was not scanned even though as far as I knew until I got my receipt it was scanned. So I ended up calling PC and they gave me the points and told me going forward make sure they know on my inquiry that the card was scanned but did not process. All I have to say is Grrrr, they should have just refunded my order and re done it like I asked.

This morning was one of those mornings, I came with a stack of things to do but as I worked through my stack on almost everything 1 thing was missing or something went wrong and I had to keep moving everything to side. Everything has been sorted now so I am happy as I can finally start to clear this paperwork off my desk.

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Reviewing the flyers in the community paper bundle last night, I noticed that the Hudson Bay flyer 1) will be online only next week (foreshadowing the end of paper flyers or the coming carbon taxes on things?) and 2) has a design and colourworthy electric kettle by Oster in Rose Gold! Want, as it will be on sale as of Friday (or Fri-yay)! Jotted some food deals to keep in mind for the coming days.

Decided to coupon fairy my January coupons at Fortinos this morning, removing any temptation to buy Bio Renew shampoo later this month. Managed to spot a customer with Campbell's broth boxes and gave her the buy3g1free coupon I had in hand-totally a coincidence as I was in the cereal aisle! Bought the T&T seaweed snacks ($1.28 in the new flyer @Sweets parrow -see if RCSS has it too) and a reduced produce item too.
    Popped into Shoppers to look at the clearance shelves-I have had no success in spotting any clearance section (grocery store, Rexall or Shoppers) with the discontinued rosemary & herbs shampoo in the Bio-Renew line. Quest continues. Noticed that the front cash area still has Christmas treats and cards on clearance but I did not take look (did my shopping last week there!).

This week, I've noticed some public Facebook pages no longer offer the Not Now link to click on the pop-up block on their pages so that I can scroll down to see or to read posts (I can scroll down somewhat but most of the posts are now behind the block and I cannot click on a date to expand the post anymore). Not sure what transpired but it's mighty frustrating to see those blocks appear. I checked that a few stores on Facebook don't have that issue. I am aware that some companies have their Facebook pages on private setting as the big Log-in page shows up only when linking in from the corporate websites.
    Those of you who use Facebook, can you identify what setting is being used to basically screen out non-followers? I have come across some pages where some entrepreneurs are experiencing copycat posting by competitors who undercut their prices so I figure it must be along similar lines for the blocks I have seen.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

LOVE today's sunshine and remembered to bring along my scarf (the first two windy and chilly days, I forgot to take it along). Please check what the windchill will be in your areas tonight as I understand some cold alert warnings have been posted i.e. Mississauga, ON. I will make lemon & ginger tea and see if a quick loaf or chiffon cake can be made quickly to enjoy tonight before continuing with my book reading after supper.

This afternoon, I will take my HBC mail order box and turn it into a Marie-Kondo organized one for socks, underwear and accessories and put it into my closet. Only throws or blankets will remain on the bed (the half I'm not sleeping in). Plan to move my Goodness Me tote (into which I put my library materials) into the bedroom corner by the sewing machine tote, so I don't have the tote projecting out from the other side of the closet at night. I have to figure out where to corral or hang my small tote bags so they don't rest on the floor (falls prevention but the floor is an easy drop zone in front of the bed where a wall is 10inches away). My headboard needs a couple more card box sections to organize mail, notes and coupons I need each week. I probably will move all coupons into my clutch wallet and use the lottery plastic sleeve daily to store /library receipts and coupons in my tote bag.

Will see if I can get sibling to take a garbage bag and 30minutes away from his phone or computer to tackle his stuff (old magazines, t-shirts, footwear, socks, clothes that don't fit, old food (yes I saw stale buns). He bought several pairs of new socks and most likely the old worn ones are still in his room. They need to go! Mom also needs a good nudge to bin some old items--I don't have success in asking her one night before collection day to do a cleanup!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well organized the paper work ,did a bit of puzzle ,then started sneezing ,yes I have a bit of a cold (one in dec ,one in jan) I just took emerg -c and will have my homemade chicken soup for supper

sassy -see I am always getting sick ,(from 1 year old granddaughter that is in daycare 3 days a week then I watch her the other 2)I am not sleeping great either go to bed at 9.30 or 10.00 wake up at 4.00 a.m cant go back to sleep
    I must say at least I am not running here or there (only went out yesterday for an hour)
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Popped into Food Basics to get deals at lunch time. They had 18 eggs for 2.88. Not a carton in sight Then I remembered their rain check guarantee. Seems the cashiers had already given rain checks. Got a rain check for 6 x 18 eggs. 10% off according to their rain check policy. Will pay $2.59 for 18 eggs

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hey, everyone!

Gee, I think I will be the most frugal of all, for the near future...

I am back in hospital, yup, have to start over.
    Was able to stand three times this morning, after not being able to do so for over three weeks. I had been confined to my bed at home...

So it's a tough thing to do, leave home, but I had to.
    Went Monday by ambulance to one hospital ER, was there 12 hours, transferred to another hospital ER - had to wait for a bed until suppertime yesterday.

So it will be all about the physio for me. Knees are shot, sciatica is horrid on left side, prob with left arm esp hand being numb and painful.
    Lots to work on.

I will lurk, and read about all your savings exploits!

Hospital wifi sucks, so I won't post much.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better and get better soon Natalka **Hugs**

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Hugs Natalka!!!!

good day today. My kids were pretty amazing. and it was a really nice day. and a friend confided that she is preg. so happy for her.
    i am working hard at not giving in to my naughty angel and buy extra stuff at the grocery . On that note.. i did not pop over to the grocery store and buy a whole chicken... i really wanted a whole chicken for supper. i instead picked a few pkgs of chicken out ofhte freezer.. and voila. not the same.. but it will do .. i will use my costco rebate this weekend and do a good chicken stock up. w e have loads of beef and very little chicken

i am working on using up little bits and pieces of stuff around here. so that is going well. i am looking forward to the end of the month and seeing where i stand with savings.....
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information