User Tag List

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: January 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (New Year, new calendars)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I too lost weight when I went to varadero Cuba. The food was bland and I brought Tabasco which helped. The beaches are amazing but due to it being a communist country, there are lots of shortages. I never bothered with al la carte and just ate in the main dining area. I brought lots of snacks from home, and I brought basic first aid items for the employees as they are paid very little due to it being a Communist country.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I am wondering if Gordon Blue is a play on Cordon Bleu (blue-ribbon cooking) and Gordon Ramsay's name. Hence, Gordon Blue!

Afternoon plans-cut short my Internet time to make a return visit to Value Village to find a short-sleeve top for me ($3 or less after discount). I had to bin a shirt (made two years ago from a VV men's shirt find) when I saw random light splotches on it after washer load of my clothing was pulled out Saturday night. Only shirt thus affected but I cannot wear that now. It was a fast-drying poly cotton fabric, so it will be missed. Saved the buttons for a future sewing endeavour!
    Then dinner will be cooked penne with herb seasonings and tea (which needs a baked something or other...)

It was strange to learn that today is Blue Monday. And I missed the lunar show on Saturday night. I'm not on top of all these special days (aside from remembering yesterday was National Cheese day)!
    barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I saw the lunar show on Saturday nothing groovy to be honest. I thought it be more spectacular but it wasn’t.

I diagnosed on Friday with a UTI and been on antibiotics since Friday there these ugly pills of black and yellow. I was up 24hours then 48hours. I fell asleep at 1pm on Sunday was awoken by text I was waiting for at 2:30pm. Went downstairs momentarily for 5mins to get a delivery then went back upstairs back to sleep. Woke up at 9pm I forgot there was an appointment scheduled to speak with support staff but didn’t know what time I was exhausted no compassion whatsoever not even a hint of “I’m sorry you are tired” I basically got the 3rd degree from them. I went back to bed and slept 16hours and woke up 11am I ate something and went back to bed and just woke up at 3pm I am exhausted. I only a 5 day script of these capsules and all I have really done is drink eat and sleep and maybe hung out with my friends for 5mins.

At shoppers On Saturday I bought 2x international delight coffee creamer one hazelnut other French vanilla, 2x vegetable Breton crackers, love hearts, 1kg brown sugar, and that’s it. Got 1,900pts. Spent 17.09$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

off to babysit today also Ashlyn has a fever and daughter-in-law took this Thursday off to take my son to his appt.,so she couldn't take more off ,so I baked muffins at 5.30 and put a load in already

Tired of this cold weather last night my legs were so itchy and dry so put okeefe's on them -love that crème for hands and feet
    Everyone have a great day and stay warm.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Will be back to normal routine .
    Have a few errands to run today . Also I need to walk my fur baby since he did not get one since Friday.
    Dinner tonight is Fish ,with naan not sure what else my DH will be making
    If any of you have the KIND $1.00 coupon Zhers/Loblaws has then for a $1.00 so only pay the taxes I personally love these bars especially the coconut / almond. Will have to get some at RCSS today
    Have a great day all

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! It is way too cold out there! At least my dog doesn't waste time doing her business
    I only put out the garbage today. Recycling can wait till next week. Too cold to drag it back in if they skip it this week.
    DS had let his friend put his loveseat and chair in our garage since he was trying to sell it and I noticed they sold it on the weekend yippee another 2 big things out of the garage. Now I can actually start cleaning in there! Room to move finally.

Tonight:
    Laundry
    Clean washrooms
    Prep some food
    Clean kitchen
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all. i feel like crud.
    we danced and played fo r most of the am... and made playdough . always a hit.
    hubby is going over this evening to get my moms garbage. and we will put it out for her.

the changes to osap have me a tad worried. ok, highly concerned.. yep. thats the word.

Shopper army has a great mission where you buy 6 large lysol wipe continers.. cost ends up under 8.00 for all 6. great deal . but i am trying to avoid. i have 6 in pantry, and no mater what the pri ce ... i simply dont need them .

for those who do sb. dont forget right now is swaggo , and its a fairly good one.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The overcast gray sky this afternoon is not working well for me. Super glad that I dealt with another shopping trip to load the freezer this morning after shower, breakfast and some food prep tasks were done. Someone on the current garbage crew has taken to lobbing my 20+ yr old can (it has a cracked handle but it still is functional) about for two weeks running. Might need to see if there are comparable cans in stores but I love the soft green colour (not blue though...). Neighbours with the tippy wheeled bins usually have their cans placed in the road, in ditches or in the middle of the driveway entrance. Sometimes I move the empty wheeled bins to the side of the driveways if I pass them by on the road.

Sunshine was out in the morning. Last night, when I did a second visit to Value Village (a friend gave me a lift there as she saw me walking from the library), I did not find a top for me after an hour but in Longo's, I found two reduced produce items that did fit my budget! The moon looked like a large squashed marshmallow.
    City sidewalk crews had made two more passes on the road shoulders yesterday and one on the last sidewalk stretch today that had not been plowed on my street. Happy walker now!

Mom got the dryer working in the afternoon-no error codes for her. Whew. I ran a load of kitchen towels in the wash and hung them to line dry and I washed my super-comfy knee highs that have kept my toes in working order during the last three cold days.

Not keen on tomorrow's melt-off. I did not have to shovel any surface today and that's a good thing-will run with that.

Afternoon plan is to make the cuts for the wool skirt to reassemble it and fit it on Mom today. Also to alter the lining. Original garment was a long skirt with a back slit.I have to use the cutoff bottom front fabric to make a band for the front and back skirt pieces so new hem will just be below the knee. Want this project done by Saturday so it can be worn. I also want to make that quick coffee cake-have pears at home but no berries. Will see if Fortinos might have frozen ones I want.

Will continue to read the income tax forms and guides. Talk about simplified-one copy of the income tax return has Working Copy shadow stamped across the front page. I plan to do my return this month, stamp it and wait for Feb.11 to mail it (and I have stamps-JOY!)

Over in the flyer previews--Rexall will have a customer appreciation event next Monday to Thursday for tasting its Be Better brand items. Might be worth a few minutes of time is you are not in a rush or in a store with only one cashier at a three till counter.
    Giseledta, Natalka and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Coupon scan thread for 2019 lists several coupons with January 31 expiry dates. Check your coupon stashes for them and put them to use or place them on store shelves for others to discover!
    Giseledta, Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There's a freezing rain alert for tonight and overnight in parts of Ontario. Car wipers up! https://www.theweathernetwork.com/alerts/ca/on
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I carried over my PCO offers tonight since I went to NF this evening. I used $8.85 in FPC snack coupons that I traded for. I figured I’d rather have the snacks vs the soon to expire formula coupons that I traded for them. Tomorrow evening is a free Family Bingo evening at ds’ school.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    More snow here. The drive way was cleared away by my DH before he left for work
    I took care of the kitchen so it’s cleaned. Also did some laundry with my beddings.
    Made some salty snacks for my DH for when he watch the game tonight

Did my shopping at RCSS yesterday for the KIND bars after Points and coupons I a, up $0.84
    also did the Oatmeal deal I PM with Adonis so the work out for $1.28 a Box after you factoring Points so was very happy.
    Hope you all check out the preview flyers there’s a lot of points offering at RCSS and No Frills I am excited about these.
    Have a great day all

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. no buses today. doesnt really affect me very much. My youngest is home .. she could walk. but there only going to be a handful of students. and she can study here.. she has exams starting friday.

i am a bit concerned about oldest and her job. but .. she is a adult. she will take care of it.
    i am redoing the budget again.. lol. this osap situation is causing me a bit of ... concern. but i am sure we will handle it . i may have to adjust a few things... and thats ok. we can do that.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -a bit tired from babysitting the last 2 days ,yesterday I played with 2 stick figures Disney princes from the dollarstore ,we painted them and played ,then kerplunk ,then snakes and ladders so Ashlyn had fun with nana

This morning I shopped online with from the gap -I had a 50.00 gift card from last may(mother's day) I didn't use yet so I got a lovely long white sweater reg 124.00on for 31.99-20% plus they sent me a code for 10.00 off when I spent 50.00=$21 in the end and a casual top ,and a blouse for me and threw in socks for Ashlyn to make it up to 50.00 for free shipping (lets hope I like these three items or they fit otal cost after giftcard was $14.07 so that made my day

Gotta catch up on my laundry as I may need to watch Ashlyn on Thursday as son is going to hospital with daughter-in-law -and the walk in clinic doctor said last night there is a viral infection going around with kids as this is the 3rd day ashlyn's fever is rising and falling ,he said it can last 3-5 days
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I step out for a minute to Freshco to PM with Yuan Ming to get the 10lb onions for $1.00 even though the ad said small Freshco ones was big and the cashier said it’s okay. Frescho Price was $5.98. I would be set for a while.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information