User Tag List

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: January 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (New Year, new calendars)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    Another cold day out. But I would like to go to RCSS to see if I can get some of the New coupons that I miss since I was under the weather with my tooth. Had my check up yesterday and DR said it’s healing nicely. I already cleaned my main bathroom and mop my guess room and my room and the hallway.
    later will do the main floor.
    Tonight is Leftovers for my DH older DD will be out..
    Have a great Friday all
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Buses are cancelled, and its the first day of exams here... so exams are moved forward a day. Youngest sounded so happy when i told her.
    i am planning on taking my kids to Library today for a special story time..... i will see depending on the weather.........

my dr said they want a xray of my sinuses to see whats going on with this pain. sigh. that should be fun to arrange.

tomorrow we have a very full day with my mom.. lots of running around. i am hoping the weather is nicer.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So cold and windy today in comparison to earlier this week. Popped in to check on my friend's cat who was recently fixed.

Not sure how to clean my black ugg boots - any suggestions? I forgot to spray them before this season and now regret it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    What color is it changing to like a greenish color?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, more copper like whereas the pendant is gold in colour. I stopped wearing it so it may still turn green.
    Giseledta and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday-no Del Monte juice cartons were seen at Longos nor Walmart. Ditto the Foodland Ontario calendars-none.
    Happily there were two sample stations at Longos-havarti cheese (three kinds, I tried chipotle and haberno and found the flavour subtle on the Gouda-like cheese) and boccocini with grape tomato on a baguette slice (taste like summer)!
    No skirt progress unless ironing of the hem counted. Too many arguments that night and I was upset so I made grocery and Internet lists and went to bed late (overthinking as usual).

Today-morning grocery trip with cart at Walmart (somehow made it around the contractors blocking sidewalks with pipes and machinery with my loaded cart on my trip home). Used the $5 off Hallmark cards coupon on 3 sympathy cards (2 recent passings that I wish to send cards for)-coupon expires on Jan. 31 (very hard to spot $3.50 cards, unlike last year. Most cards are well over $3.99 now but spend the time to find them). Bought two varieties of Glaceau sparkling juice-the black cherry vanilla barely tastes like cherry flavoured cola (more like residue in a glass filled with carbonated water) so my advice is to stick to the fruit juice flavours and avoid black cherry vanilla (buy the pop instead!) and chill them slightly. I love the mango-peach one. Bought a big bag of bananas for $1 and a bag of sweet potatoes for $2 (will cube them up and toss with Italian seasonings and oil to roast in the oven later). Still in love with the $4.99 pizza toppings (4 bottles) I got from Shoppers-using those seasonings every chance I can in rice, cooked veggies, soups and more.

Did another shop at Rexall-wanted to use my $5 off coupon the Attends Briefs, tissues and chocolate bar (reward for lugging the cart of groceries as some staples needed restock plus tarragon and more were desired). Happy to have earned 1 Air Mile too.

So there are snow flurries coming down now. I'm debating to make a quick bus trip to Salvation Army to see what's in the book area or not despite the cold temperature. Feeling so grouchy today and like I want to escape everyone into a reading room with plenty of tea and CARBS!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you are a 7Rewards members, there are weekly draws for Honolulu, Hawaii trips. Ah, to be a member right now as Honolulu is the first place in Hawaii I'd want to see (fabric stores, shopping and maybe some beach time after the mall!). Unfortunately, the app does not work on Blackberry or Windows operating systems.

Have to jot those cards and get them into the mailbox before pm pickup today, skim-read the papers, get two pages printed off and see what opportunities exist to seek out. Have to get into my other Yahoo account but I hit the darn message about unusual activity in my account so I cannot get past the password stage. Darn.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I have to admit it kind of feels like all I have done this week is shop. Tuesday I was in a meeting from 9 am till around 7ish, I got home after 8pm. The on Wednesday we had day 2 of the meeting but were out by 2 pm as the weather was not the best and some had quite the drive home. After the meeting I decided to do some shopping.

I went to Costco and got:
    Heavy Duty Foil (On Sale)
    Portobellos
    Baby Romaine Salad Mix
    Brussel Sprouts
    Spinach
    Parmesan
    Bacon Bits
    Sour Cream

Then I went to Superstore and got:
    5 x Quaker Cereal @ $2.48/box plus 4000 in store points & 2000 personal points

Then Thursday I went to No Frills and got:
    Milk
    Mushrooms x 2 plus 800 pts
    Maple Syrup x 2 $5.97 ($2 off per bottle for having PC Plus)
    4 Pack Peppers x 2 $1.97 ($1 off per package for having PC Plus) Plus 400 pts

I am hoping to do some meal prep tomorrow but have to admit I am finding it hard as my finger is not healing as quickly as I would like so I am trying to keep my finger dry. Tonight I peeled potatoes wearing a glove on one hand.

Hope everyone has a good night, off to get dinner going
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The kids and I spent the morning at the public library. I’m in quite a bit of pain today: leg, sinus, and constant migraine. I am interviewing a potential new daycare family tomorrow afternoon. I need to deep clean the house and prepare.

I need to pull more meat from the freezer. I think I’ll cook a beef roast on Sunday. I’m thinking about making my wiener and bean soup for lunch on Monday.

Last night’s supper was white rice, home made sweet & sour pork with canned pineapple, and steamed broccoli. We all enjoyed it.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I completely fell off the frugal wagon and almost need to relearn couponing. Ive foubd over the last 5 years the coupons i do find are for many things we do not use. We do alot of scratch ir fresh cooking...or our lovely northern store doesn't carry the brands. I still use coupons for cleaning products, breads, pastas, cookies IF i remember to print them off.

The biggest i use these days uz my pc optimum or swagbucks to get anaxon cards.

Happy new year to all becausr i also know I stopped posting for months.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -as you all know I babysat 3 days last week and my sleep wasn,t great ,so I was exhausted and that is when you screw up so on Thursday before I went to my son`s at 7.30 I needed to fill my neti-pot ,I have a ceramic one and a squeeze bottle so I filled the squeeze bottle but I put the powder in both containers and ran out the door ,I didn't boil the water to fill my ceramic pot so it had 2 teaspoon of water in it with the saline powder ,when I got home at 2.00 before I went to shoppers I used it and thought wow that stings ,then ran out the door to shoppers ,well later on when I came back there was a red large line down centre of my forehead to my eyebrows more like a triangle

So my sister-in-law dropped in for a tea at 6.30 with her hubby and said ~whats wrong with you what did you eat ?~ nothing out of the normal ,it was then I put two and two together and said oh maybe the salt solution did damage to my skin as it was concentrated

So off to the doctor I went she was stumped it could be that or else its shingles ,it was tingling ,so she wanted to err on the side of putting me on shingles medication so I wouldn't have residual pain in years to come on my face

So I wont be out and about looking like this plus not sure 100% what it is ,I told my daughter not to come on sunday and she told me poor little Sebastian has hand/foot mouth he picked up from daycare -ahhh
    Hubby has the worse cough ever and not eating much ,so I am sleeping in a spare room, also because I don't know a 100% what I have also so staying away from him
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

You know I haven’t been feeling well over the last while I went to the hospital again on Friday I was told to go by my psychiatrist for a better look at me medically. I went I waited 5 1/2 hours in the rapid access zone called RAZ. The doctor who saw me said they called me 6 times I said how is that possible I have been sitting here for 5 1/2 hours the paramedics told the nurse I was here and the blood work came to me here and I even took a urine sample here. He didn’t even say sorry or the nurses apologize they blamed it all on me I was livid. Anyways I have been having slower then normal cognitive abilities in processing things. I have problems speaking, tying my shoes and buttoning up my pants. They basically told me there was nothing wrong with me that my blood work and urine are negative. I figured that but what is this cause of these other issues. I woke up this morning shivering and I took my temperature it was 35.9C which is really low. I drank some water thought it was dehydration but I don’t know what it is I already have a cognitive learning disability since I was 4. All this other stuff is very new and something I know is wrong but why are they putting it off. I don’t want something to further happen that’s why I continue to go the ER. I cannot stand my local hospital they only go for what is at the surface they do not check what is underneath or underlying causes.

I went to the local head shop and bought 3 cans of butane for my refillable lighters. 2 packs of juicy jay rollies one coconut and other one marshmallow. 3 lighters a duco, & 2 clippers. And a glass one hitter...for a friend. I spent 30$ even I always get 10% off. she sold me the butane for $7 instead of the shelf price of 10$ because there was no clipper fuel that I wanted on the shelf. I find the clipper fuel exceptional and the nozzle on the can is metal and makes it easier to fill a lighter.

Then I went to a gallery and spent 5$ on card with an Indian designed spirit owl card. I wanted the print but that was 35$ and I didn’t want to spend that much. I probably easily would’ve of spent that if I didn’t go to the head shop first for the butane.

They have this points events here on the west coast for PCO where you spend an easy 75$ at no frills and get 5,000 points and so on. I really need food but I also really need paper products. I think I may go to no frills and get food because I honestly need that much more then I need paper products that can wait. I still have 12 rolls of toilet paper, 11 rolls of paper towels, and 1 box of Kleenex.

That’s my goal for today is going grocery shopping with a list this time instead of buying whatever sounds good or looks good. Like I did on Wednesday and bought those battered dill pickles. I still haven’t cooked them but I cooked the mozzarella sticks.

I will make a list much later now I am going to go back to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Sat, Jan 26th, 2019 at 06:39 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Greentires4me do you have a family doctor you can see?

I know for myself on certain issues I have had I have found my family doctor to be the only one to take time and really try to find the problem vs walk-ins or ER just wanting to give me pills. Don't get me wrong if I need a prescription I need one but when I am doubled over in pain and their answer is undiagnoisable (sp?) pain have advised patient to take 2 advil every 3 to 4 hours but it is not addressing the reason for the pain, it is frustrating.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon Girl hope you feel better soon and hopefully it is not Shingles. I have never had them but my Oma got them behind her eyes and I know the pain was horrible.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy my dear mom had them around her eye and my son got them in his 20"s in college from stress I imagine he had 4 dots on his abdomen and my sister-in-law who is 61 has had them 3 times and the pain she still has cause because she left the first one is still awful when it flares up on her arm

My doctor said if it travels near closer to my eye get to the hospital as they need to check your eyes as it can lead to blindness-uggg
    But to be honest its not as red now and not as lumpy -my daughter thinks I jumped the gun and went to the doctor's too fast I should have waited because one day when I am 80 and in the hospital the antibotics wont work on me from overuse she said (but again it was my face)
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Jan 26th, 2019 at 08:27 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning
    coupon girl hope you feel better and it’s nothing for you to worry about.

Greentires4me hope you feel better and you can get to the bottom of what’s making you sick

Today will be grocery shopping I want to take advantage of some of the PCO points offer and instore deals . Hoping the shelves are not cleared.. I have some personal offer and coupons that will line up nicely.
    Just finish cleaning the kitchen and family are
    Have a great Saturday everyone
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information