eri
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

absolutely nothing.......
    and now I have the hair to match!

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

i also think it depends where the avater is located. if it is here on SC, it should be more appropriate then the one you post in your livejournal lol...

i think swear words would be a bit inappropriate... something like a little green monster that has the word "eff" though would be funny.

even if someone did have a swear word, i wouldnt think much of it.. though i know some people would.

Also, anything racist would be completely inappropriate, even if its supposed to be funny.. like a swastika (spelling?).... people could/would find that offensive because they may consider you a racist person in real life...

or anything naked may offend someone. unless its a cartoon thing of a guy mooning everyone. thats pretty funny.

it all really depends on the person viewing it. some people get offended much easier than others.

i think there are lines that can be crossed with avaters... im just not sure what.. because i havent really seen anything too intense here at SC...

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is my opinion the people who are easily offended should change their CP settings and change their Visible Post Elements, they can select to NOT show avatars and signatures. They really need to take some responsibility on how they browse. Why should everyone else change if they are too lazy to change the settings.
    Just my 2 cents

eri
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by elliott_gyal View Post
    i also think it depends where the avater is located. if it is here on SC, it should be more appropriate then the one you post in your livejournal lol...

i think swear words would be a bit inappropriate... something like a little green monster that has the word "eff" though would be funny.

even if someone did have a swear word, i wouldnt think much of it.. though i know some people would.

Also, anything racist would be completely inappropriate, even if its supposed to be funny.. like a swastika (spelling?).... people could/would find that offensive because they may consider you a racist person in real life...

or anything naked may offend someone. unless its a cartoon thing of a guy mooning everyone. thats pretty funny.

it all really depends on the person viewing it. some people get offended much easier than others.

i think there are lines that can be crossed with avaters... im just not sure what.. because i havent really seen anything too intense here at SC...
    I haven't noticed any but it is probably best to avoid any political/religious avatars...on all sides because we're all different.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thetick View Post
    It is my opinion the people who are easily offended should change their CP settings and change their Visible Post Elements, they can select to NOT show avatars and signatures. They really need to take some responsibility on how they browse. Why should everyone else change if they are too lazy to change the settings.
    Just my 2 cents
    True... !

I have yet to see anything offensive though here at SC ..

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

True... !

I have yet to see anything offensive though here at SC ..
    me either, but I am not easily offended

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't been offended by anyones avatar on this board and I also change my avatar all the time! There are so many cool ones to choose from. Right now I have Grover. He's a pretty respectable guy, even if the avatar shows that he may have had a few too many Red Bulls.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ha! i like that one

i think most people have common sense and know what can be offensive and what is okay. i have yet to see any offensive avatars on sc.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have to agree. Since this is a message board for all age groups and moms and dads with children near by. It is our goal to make it acceptable for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetick View Post
    Just my 2 cents
    I don't think it's laziness. I think keeping things respectful is a necessity in such a huge group of people.
    I'm not one who is easily offended. But have ran a few groups before where anything goes. It can very VERY quickly become out of hand. My first group I was only a "helper". Which really meant I got to move posts, sit down and shut up. That group got INSANE quickly. People lost all inhibition and started ripping each other apart. A total Event Horizon scene (for those that have seen that movie would understand lol).
    Different groups of people (in reality or on different forums) require different ways of approaching things. In some of my facebook groups I talk and say things I'd never DREAM of saying here. In a drinking or gathering situation with my friends I do and say things I'd never DREAM of doing in a business meeting.
    Keeping SC clean and respectful I believe is a very good thing for all those involved. If someone finds it funny and necessary to have an avatar spitting obscenities or something hyper sexual perhaps a forum like SC isn't for them
    Anyhow.. that's just also my two cents. lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Where do you get the cool avaters???

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post
    There has been a bitter sort of a person going around doing that.

Anyway back on topic...

Say no more.
    Ditto on that.
    I've been running around thumbs upping all the down ones.

Anyways, I like a lot of different avatars.

But I do get reports on here for ones with shirts off or swearing

I post some snappy ones to my friends, but I keep them clean on here

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDiva View Post
    So what is "right" and "wrong"
    I noticed if someone has one 50% hates it or love it.
    To us the ones we use we love it to other not so..
    so define that is a "good" from a "bad" one.

idea I'll post some Avatars here!
    Now out of the bunch I post say which ones you like and why.

I would have to say that my favorite one is the dough boy one, because all of us have this kind of a day once in a while

My second favovrite would be the cow saying Mom/Dad as it made me laugh

It's not that I don't like any of them as I am a believer of freedom of expression, but those two are the ones that suit me best

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post

I post some snappy ones to my friends, but I keep them clean on here
    Me too.

It'll be a while before I change mine. I love that little dude dancing in is undies. LOL

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I change mine regularly and censor myself. There are some real shockers out there to use but so far I'd say SC is very "clean" when it comes to avatars. I haven't found any on this site that wold be offensive.
    The only question I cannot answer... why?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information