User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Carbon Tax Rebate - April 1, 2019 - How will you receive it?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I just don't get the government wasting their time & energy, so basically the tax payers time & energy on this.

So basically they are going to pay a family of four $3 less for the year.

That's like 75 cents less per person per year for a family of 4 in ON. So 1/5 th of a penny per day per person..LOL.

Can't they keep it as is!

"In Ontario, the rebate for a family of four has been set at $448, down from $451."

i bet they hired overpriced consultants and executives to come up with this grand $3 amount!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

After tax year 2019 is done, Canadians have two more years to claim the credits. Then we're on our own.

2019 Schedule 14 Climate Change Initiative credit-you have to be alive as of April 1, 2019 as part of a few criteria to claim this credit. That means my late father's return cannot claim the 2019 credit as he passed away before that date.

But there are SCers who may have had family members who passed away after April 1, 2019 so their family members' tax returns are eligible to claim the credits. See my other post on this credit on the Tax Year 2020 thread-it involves a rant on the tax-exempt income excluding people from getting the credit. Not if those individuals elect to pay taxes on said income (a tax form had to have been filed to make that election and subsequent payments of source deductions to the CRA)...
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Jan 18th, 2020 at 12:32 PM.
    tjthemanto likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do your taxes and it is included as an optional option. Money for nothing. Just goes back into the system really.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information