User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: 2019 Financial Resolutions...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tomorrow is payday. I already set up all the transfers. I received a raise and a bonus so putting the extra aside.

PC PTS (trying not to touch points and just let build up)
    Card #1 is at $393.00
    Card #2 is at $12

Cleaning out the kitchen freezer last night really helped me not want to shop much the next 2 weeks. We have tons of stuff to use up including 3 fresh pineapples and fruit smoothies . I think I will just continue being creative and use food on hand. I plan on doing 20x the points at SDM possibly today but for sure on Saturday for the extra 5000 pts using PC MC but I plan on using coupons to take bill right down and less money out of pocket.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

share what coupons you are going to use!!!! pretty please!!!! i plan on doing the 20x points.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    share what coupons you are going to use!!!! pretty please!!!! i plan on doing the 20x points.
    Stayfree/Carefree $2 coupons. But I went yesterday to look and they haven't stocked the shelf up yet from my visit on the weekend
    Giseledta likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Subscribing

We are for the 3rd year saving before we buy, it's served us well the last few years and makes us accountable as we don't want debt.

This summer we need a new ride on lawn mover and I would love to replace the picture window in the living room as the dogs broke the seal.

We have several bank accounts for individual purposes such as groceries, ds1 college, cottage taxes, cottage renos++++ I find it really helps to have the monies separated and easier to be accountable for the ins & outs.

Christmas stocking stuffers have already been started this is what normally kills my Christmas budget, we are big on stockings.

My resolutions for 2019 ARE!!!
    #1 We will continue to save our PC points for Christmas
    #2 We will continue to save before we make purchases for the home/cottage
    #3 Continue to shop for groceries smartly (sales, point offers and coupons if available)
    #4 Meal planning is huge to save costs, so I make a 2 week menu which is based on what we have on hand or what's on sale, I alot $10 a day for meat x 30 days = $300 in meat purchases per month (it's amazing when one puts a price on the larger expense such as proteins), the remaining grocery budget goes to staples and stockup items if the sales allow.
    Giseledta and coupon girl like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok feb wrap up.

we decided we will do new doors this year. it has changed into a need to be done issue. we woke several morning to a considerable ablout of frost .. snow on the inside of the back door.

groceries.. i am doing very well with . very well. i am pleased. we are running full ahead with extra money to the Mortgage. i will be increasing retirement amounts in September.. my income increases a bit then.. so it will land in retirement .
    we are carrying some LOC debt... but with child in collage, we are ok with that. we are aggressivly paying it down. all in all i am pretty happy where we are money wise.

this money.. taxes need to be done. pantry redone. house decluttering done so that i can spend more time outside in the gardens. its good theraphy for me ,
    wendymac and coupon girl like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

groceries.. i am doing very well with . very well. i am pleased. we are running full ahead with extra money to the Mortgage. i will be increasing retirement amounts in September.. my income increases a bit then.. so it will land in retirement .
    You go girl! Life is not about the huge stuff...it is about the details. How you get up every morning and make coffee for your DH, how you remember your neighbor is ill and needs a casserole, how you realize a friend should have a girl's lunch out... The small things are what count in retirement, too. I'm on the same trajectory...I don't want to rely on anyone else, including the government. I want to take a deep breath and realize I'm taking care of myself. Stay the course.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    You go girl! Life is not about the huge stuff...it is about the details. How you get up every morning and make coffee for your DH, how you remember your neighbor is ill and needs a casserole, how you realize a friend should have a girl's lunch out... The small things are what count in retirement, too. I'm on the same trajectory...I don't want to rely on anyone else, including the government. I want to take a deep breath and realize I'm taking care of myself. Stay the course.
    exactly. !!! and honestly, all those little savings really add up. and the other little things, helping a friend.. or coffeee for dh.. those .. are precious in other ways. they are good for the soul stuff
    SassyAshley likes this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

After 20 months of unemployment DH has a job. Starts in a week so now I can get back to working to my retirement in 6-8 yrs.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    After 20 months of unemployment DH has a job. Starts in a week so now I can get back to working to my retirement in 6-8 yrs.
    àexcellent!!!!
    lilo0003 and Frugalbigmama like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just added 28 loonies to the pot for hockey. So total is sitting at $84

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Adding 73 loonies to the hockey pot. Total is at $157.00 now!!! My goal is $200. (pay for 2019/2020 gate fees and the odd slushie/poutine at the rink for DS)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

love poutine!

ok. so i had a friend ask if i can help them out for a bit. so ... not sure how long it will last but its like 3-5 nights a month. so easy there. i already have a spot to put the money. lol. i may try to get a price for a few windows, and see if i can swing that this year depending on how that does.

earned a bit of extra money.... that is on the loc . all bills are paid and things are ticking along .
    lilo0003 likes this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

love poutine!

ok. so i had a friend ask if i can help them out for a bit. so ... not sure how long it will last but its like 3-5 nights a month. so easy there. i already have a spot to put the money. lol. i may try to get a price for a few windows, and see if i can swing that this year depending on how that does.

earned a bit of extra money.... that is on the loc . all bills are paid and things are ticking along .
    I treat myself once or twice a hockey season to poutine lol I have decided our arena has the best I think.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Budget Clean up!

432,915 PC PTs on main card
    13,880 PC Pts on 2nd card

$140 Credit on my credit card. (this is after weekend groceries and the gas tank is full)

Added another $20 to DS's birthday wallet gift.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just added $14 in Loonies to the hockey jar so total is at $171.00 now. Almost at my goal 29 to go!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information