User Tag List

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2132Likes

Thread: February 2019 Frugal Chatter (we love deals)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Frugalbigmama that’s a great deal you are having.
    With 3 Females in the house I am always stocking up on pads if it can be free.
    For sure! I told my oldest son on the weekend I wish I had girls because of this deal lol. His girlfriend may think Im a bit weird if I give her a bag full of pads? lol
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have an envelope of coupons ready to mail (Kellogg's sheet x 2-save up to $8 on assorted items, $2 Maple leaf dogs/ham etc, Schneiders sausage, Armstrong cheese etc
    1st one to say here they would like it gets it. then PM your address and I will mail it out tonight

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    For sure! I told my oldest son on the weekend I wish I had girls because of this deal lol. His girlfriend may think Im a bit weird if I give her a bag full of pads? lol
    I do it all the time to my Nephews girlfriend and the are always grateful. Now they would ask what I have extra to give . They all know that I am addicted to couponing and a great deal. My DH keep saying if I die before him he will have to send e off with a stash of coupons and a check book
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama -i would love the cpns ,havent been out much to find any with all this sickness

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    frugalbigmama -i would love the cpns ,havent been out much to find any with all this sickness
    They are yours!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I do it all the time to my Nephews girlfriend and the are always grateful. Now they would ask what I have extra to give . They all know that I am addicted to couponing and a great deal. My DH keep saying if I die before him he will have to send e off with a stash of coupons and a check book
    Lol yeah I will have to wait and see if she is a grateful one

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

my dh keep saying if i die before him he will have to send e off with a stash of coupons and a check book
    lol 😂

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

love it!!!

costco called. my glasses were in. bought muffins for oldest for driving me... she is bringing them to her bfs. he loves them. got a rotisary chicken,, and some ceaser salad, and a huge bag of thier buns.. they were still warm.... omg. and chips for dh.

i will rearrange menu , and do a roast tomorrow niht with roasmary garlic potatoes, and buns. yummy.

and i can see.. sigh worth it
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thank YOU all for your remarks. Was not a loving daughter in late teen years onwards but I am having some insights creep in to help me try to find a tiny bit of compassion for my late father-and it seems to focus on thinking of him as a child (age 7 or early teens, etc.)who might have had neglected needs all adulthood. That's going to be a journey too.
    I'm trying to transform my issues with Dad into something more useful and it seems I have an iceberg of feelings or a dam bursting into chunks. And each family member seems to be water ballooning emotionally.
    Today I went to see doctor and cannot get more imaging done>have to see an oncologist (yes, today's a been a stellar drenching of raw emotions for a Tuesday but at least I finally kept my promise to myself to update the doctor).
    Meanwhile, I got Dad's name off a wait list for a family doctor. That was easy (and I feel for the others who likely have been waiting MONTHS). Yes, I found some wall washing and bathtub cleaning calming. Less to do tomorrow.

Oh, there's more snow coming--break out some heavy moisturizer tonight! Major chapping on both hands and I'd like less bleeding.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

One of Dad's old pairs of eyewear is like the frames from the late 80s I used to wear-I so want that frame updated with new lenses!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupongirl -if SHoppers is telling you it not longer SCOPs, did it remove the stickers from the cash areas and doors? The Retail Council of Canada STILL lists Shoppers and Loblaws on their list of stores following the scanning code of practice (or is this a pre-April way of saying the prices are going up due to carbon taxes-happy April Fool's Day):
    https://www.retailcouncil.org/scanne...accuracy-code/
    @Giseledta -that's fabulous that your oldest is donating clothing and textile goods to local causes. I hope I'll be able to direct some of Dad's shirts and suits (the good stuff) to a hospital clothing program or a place that attires dead people who might not have clothing for their own funerals. Mom indicated she needs time before she can let Dad's clothes go--maybe next month.
    @Frugalbigmama -I read on Twitter that schools in NY state and one other state that provide free tampons and pads in schools have positively affected school attendance. I bet any deals on feminine hygiene products could go to a school board foundation that supplies needy students with basics or a woman's program that provides such products. Maybe the girlfriends you donate product too might also know of local programs gladly seeking products for their clients.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Brain remembers that March starts this week: https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/430008...a/#post6962426
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I wish I could find the stayfree coupon @Frugalbigmama I send pads to communities in the north. Girls often miss school while they have their period because they can’t afford pads. But I will check my RCSS because at 1.94 that’s a deal without coupons. @Ciel my dad as a very big man and my mom gave all his clothes to one family in town. The father and son were my dads size and the dad was a friend of my dads. They were so well received and it gave my mom such joy to know how much they were appreciated. I think keeping the frame of your dads glasses is a wonderful thing to do. I wish strength in the coming weeks. It’s and incredibly emotional time.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil-I called another shoppers to talk to them about scanning code of practise ,they no longer honour old ad signs left up(one store told me about this a about a month ago)and my regular store doesn't honour old ad signs left up either but still honour scanning code if the item rings up different than the regular price shelf label,so I guess there have been a few changes one manager read me the page out of her booklet

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Yeah the pink tax it’s astronomical how we as females cannot afford tampons or pads. The basic necessity us as females need. I pay for mine I would buy 3 of them a month of 32 pads each. My friends cannot survive of chunk change they get from the ministry something like 310$ a month after rent is taken off. I am sorta lucky and have a nice support check of 758.42$ which it has to last 4-5 week month pay periods. They are raising our monthly support checks by 50$ so I be getting 808.42$ and they will be getting 360$ after using money mart to cash there check it actually be 375$ before the money mart taking 15$ or so. 50$ extra is not enough to live on the most expensive province in Canada now. Lots of people are moving out of BC to Alberta or Ontario or even Nova Scotia I heard. I cannot afford to move anywhere since being permanently disabled in 2011 then trying to do something as a contract job in 2016 and finding myself on the wrath of another workplace injury. I decided that I wasn’t going to work anymore yet I think my doctor who has been for the last 6 years was the one who told me he didn’t want to see me injure myself over something trivial as a job. I would be working still if I didn’t have all these health problems i have now. I am not comfortable living my life doing nothing with my days.

Yesterday I walked 8kms or 15,000 steps. I am really really sore and in pain it was windy outside which means it was cold on the face. The wind gusts were 36km/h NE. Very windy for a small area of town. I had walked from 222nd street to 228th street 6 large country blocks. Then back home again, I was getting some money someone owed me. I was stupid enough to go out without having a nap first by the time 7:30pm rolled around I was exhausted, I was up and icky 20hrs by then I passed out at 8pm. I woke up in pain and hotter then heck I am still laying here feeling like I am incinerating. I did turn up my heat by 5 degrees because i can hear the wind howl against the panes of glass.

I was suppose to help a friend with something trivial as an internet password I am sick of doing this I am not giving it out 16 times for them to loose the password or tear it up every single time. Their apartment is like a bomb went off in the their wardrobe it looks dangerous. I asked to help to clean they said no but I can tell there overwhelmed by the piles. Maybe I will next time just go in there and start to clean the counter by putting everything in the garbage that’s garbage, And recycling the cans in another bag. They don’t usually mind there, also they don’t mind if I put like with like into piles either.

Another person wants ground turkey things from no frills so i think I might for there at 9am am buy some ground turkey & ground chicken tubes. So nasty ew. Anyway they want some so i will go there to get some for them. A dollar each you cannot go wrong at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information