User Tag List

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2132Likes

Thread: February 2019 Frugal Chatter (we love deals)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Well, there was a bit of excitement after 10:30 pm last night-the power went off and on twice but the third time stayed off. First time that I called Hydro One, recording said 12 customers impacted. A few minutes later the count was over 1500. I could see the traffic lights north of us where the highway exit ramp is located, so the hydro went out down our street and likely along the other main road at the south end. So no stitch ripping though I had my supplies nearby. Turned into bed early. Mom stayed up until power was restored prior to 1am. Around 1:30am I heard Mom coughing. Suddenly doing laundry was key (the washer had been doing a rinse cycle but did not empty before last failure and I unplugged the machine so it would not run on its own if power returned (which it did the first two times last night). 2h later, I worked on seam-ripping while waiting for a load of bath towels to get through a 55min cycle.

Woke up around 8am, got an extra bag of garbage out before the truck came back on our side of the street. Felt half-awake most of the day. Mini-barn-found the beer can chicken stand and mower invoice to use for class action claim. Getting the one door to close was a 30min MacGyver rally but I got it done. Short story-wood ramp jammed up against door bottom where a metal L-bracket was loose and dragging. Said ramp should not be under the doors during winter so sibling or I goofed in not removing it before the thaw (or even before the November snow but he put away the BBQ in mid to late November).
    Afternoon, did the health card dash, DVD return, short visit to Hart's (where I saw $13.99 curtain panels and there was a light orange one in what seems to be microfibre and claimed to be thermal too) and trip back up Mountain for the free burger and 2 pies. One employee mentioned she was celebrating her birthday this week and we talked what we wanted to do this. That was a heartfelt exchange and a highlight of my day.

When I went to buy bus tickets, I also purchased 3 wedding cards so the $2 off coupon would apply to two of them. Intend to return tomorrow to find either 3 shower cards or blank cards, so they are ready when needed in the last half of 2019.

Denninger's has La Croix flavoured water (8 cans) on sale for $5.99. Sobey's Ancaster did not have them but Farmboy does carry the product too. Found two towels at Denningers so the towel renewal quest is mainly done for now.

Weather forecast for tomorrow promises freezing rain in pm. I may not go to Value Village after all and have a pot of tea after I get some Internet time in the morning. Craving chocolate right now...carbs go wild tonight.
    barbis9, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight’s Sobeys trip, 29 items purchased including milk and meat. I forgot to get 2 rain checks, not the first time.
    $52.97 in coupons, 2x 50% stickers on graham crackers and ready to bake oatmeal raisin cookies, used 1 rain check, $12.13 saved from 10% off Tuesday, 11AM earned, 64% savings, $57.73 paid with a gift card that I bought on promo.

I need to find the Demoster’s promo and submit for 2 toques. I bought bagels today and at the Blue Friday sale.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Feb 6th, 2019 at 09:42 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    The Freezings rain has started so Schools are Closed today.
    Stay safe . If going out be careful on the roads. Don’t think I any going anywhere today
    It will be a reading day For me. DH came home late yesterday so we did not cook . We used up what was in the fridge. So dinner will be Fish may be depends.
    Was hoping to go find that great Maple leaf coupon booklet but since I will be walking or busing I will pass for today. If anyone find those booklets and have some for trade please let me know
    Have a great day all
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am looking for the maple leaf books too. lol. if i find any i will let you know

our schools are all closed for the day. i still have kids... however i am not sure quite yet how many..
    i was able to Sype with my middle child last night. and oldest and youngest are home today.

3loads of towels foded this am. 1 more to hang later.
    no plan on spending any money.. no plan on going further then the road to get the recylcing bins today . if they get picked up.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i am looking for the maple leaf books too. lol. if i find any i will let you know

our schools are all closed for the day. i still have kids... however i am not sure quite yet how many..
    i was able to Sype with my middle child last night. and oldest and youngest are home today.

3loads of towels foded this am. 1 more to hang later.
    no plan on spending any money.. no plan on going further then the road to get the recylcing bins today . if they get picked up.
    @Giseledta it’s at Sobeys and Freshco according to our members
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. i will watch for it. foodland is part of sobeys.. i will check my local one later tonight,
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! No school here too. Nice to let DS sleep in. I am only a 3 min drive to work and the roads were fine for my drive. We have a hockey game tonight at our arena and the other team is over 1.5 hours away. I'm sure it will happen. Nothing seems to cancel hockey unless the arena is on fire!

Dinner last night was quick and easy. I tossed a bag of fries in the oven (Mccain Super fries crispy- DS loves them) green beans and chicken breasts (that I already cooked)
    Today I have 3.5 lbs of wings in the slow cooker. (paid .99cents lb) I will spice/sauce them up and toss in the oven once I get home. Trying to keep food cooked and ready so I can feed everyone quick on the busy nights.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Giseledta it’s at Sobeys and Freshco according to our members
    I will try and check my Foodland. I did find just pads of coupons for the ham and hot dogs at valu-mart.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I will try and check my Foodland. I did find just pads of coupons for the ham and hot dogs at valu-mart.
    In the early Metro flyer for the up coming week the coupons book are advertised [MENTION=82907]@Frugalbigmama and [MENTION=106803]@giseledat we all will be hunting for these since it exp in June
    Last edited by flemeth; Wed, Feb 6th, 2019 at 09:27 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to GT and bought 5 x .88 elbow macaroni. I'm good for awhile now for homemade mac and cheese.

Also bought the lotto tickets for work with GC purchased for PC pts before Christmas. Put the cash from lottery pool in DS's birthday wallet (gift) I feel ahead of the game for a Fall birthday lol
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Birthday Angela
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DH had an amazing Joe Fresh offer this week and I scored 22000 points and spent less than 60.00. I have never ordered from Joe Fresh before but I was buying some warm kids clothes for a charity I support and this worked out perfectly. I got a lot of stuff, it would have arrived today but the weather here is hideous.
    Tonight was breakfast for dinner, amazing how something so simple can make everyone happy.
    Happy birthday @Angela273
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Sounds like everyone is doing well-frugal as ever! I have been quite sick with migraines, asthma and a terrible flu since the New Year. I am in the process of moving to an apartment complex which is attached to a retirement home. Meals and cleaning are included and I get access to a nurse if I need one. I think there may be mold in this apartment which would account for the terrible asthma attacks I have been having. Finances will be tight for a while as my Social Security from the US has been cut off as I accidentally got coded as "deceased." That means I have to show up at a US office and prove that I am not deceased and that I am who I sat I am.
    So Niagara Falls, here I cine, if the weather would settle down. Fuel, you'll have to tell me the best way to win money there!
    I have been selling a few pieces of furniture, Tec. On kijiji but the weather has played havoc with follow through from people.

I will say good bye. Glad to read about old friends and your frugal ways.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    We are still having light Freezing drizzle.
    I have a few errands to do today so will see how the days unfold.
    Last night dinner was Fish and sweet potato Fries.
    Tonight dinner is going to be Dhal, rice and Spinach
    My kitchen is cleaned. Just need to clean the floors later from 1 fur baby paws print
    Have a great day all
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!

Dinner for the boys last night cost $4.50 for 3 servings. 3.5lb chicken wings ($3.50) bag of McCain tater tots (.97 after coupon) I could have added green beans for a grand total of $5 lol Pretty good for wings I think! I made them the best last night so will continue that way for the rest of them (have at least 5 bags left)

I stopped at RCSS on way home and grabbed the 4 last bags of Stayfree nighttime pads on for $2.97 less $2 coupon. I also received 2400 PC pts on the 4. Good deal!!

At GT I bought 4 bags of the Cavendish hashbrowns for .25 each ($1.25 less $1 coupon) Will try them for breakfast on weekend and if they are a hit will stock us up.

I have decided with the price of potatoes its not worth the price/work to make homemade fries /etc. Feeding hungry boys.

Laundry was put away last night. I have 2 more loads to deal with tonight. Kitchen is spotless.

I sorted the pasta and moved it all to a different cupboard and sorted so the stuff that expires sooner is used up first. Not going to buy anymore since we are good for the next year. I noticed a box that expired in 2017 that I need to toss.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Feb 7th, 2019 at 09:10 AM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information