User Tag List

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2132Likes

Thread: February 2019 Frugal Chatter (we love deals)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i do .. i have 5 of them!!!!!
    That’s great
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Wow, those windchill readings from Saskatchewan...BRR! Have been finding the past two weeks very drying for my nose (and having some nosebleeds too) so I try to apply Vaseline lip therapy or plain Vaseline at least once per day to help with dryness and general stuffiness (seems I feel like I have partially clogged nose all the time).

Glad I did the the $2 off Carlton Cards offer wub two cards twice on Tuesday (all three weddings for 2019 plus a couple of shower cards are now in the stationery drawer)! I went stir crazy being home Wed & Thurs due to the icy rain (did hit a lot of ice yesterday to get it off of surfaces before the rain/high winds) but at least on Wednesday, I altered and stitched the new panel curtains for the dining room (1 -1/2 wks after purchase) because I realized I had the dining room floor free to use that morning! Will recycle the old dining room panels-one has been made into a table cover for the basement sewing table, when I get my projects off of there. The other panel will likely become a chair slipcover for my sewing chair. The newer curtains had about 11" lopped off each panel, so I've been using some to line the sewing console drawers (the one for threads, I made a small rectangular basket with the white lining facing up, to provide better contrast against the thread spools in a somewhat dimly lit corner of the room). Mom had suggested using the old curtains in her room but I said no, she needed new curtains with intact lining, so I was thinking of that when browsing curtain panels at Talize today (no finds).

Not thrifty but I found socks I wanted at the Winners store plus some wool-blend knee highs (purple toned stripe pattern). Worth the find so the debit card came out.

Need to finish glancing at flyers. Our weekly paper bundle did come on Wed night (I gingerly walked over the lawn with my trusty shovel as third leg) but a few flyers seemed absent. Can walk to East Mountain-found a quarter and $3.90 in containers. Got charged by a dog on other side of road (he seemed to have remembered me from two weeks ago) but at least someone at the home called for him (unlike last time when I used my Fox40 whistle and NO ONE came out to call the dog back) and the dog nearly got hit by a vehicle (dog did not think of traffic until he almost walked into a grille) in the other lane. Still feeling some adrenaline from today's encounter.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Question of the day:

Have you been looking through manuals kept at home to find invoices or deciding which manuals to keep or to toss?

A: I did this task yesterday because some new manuals were not put into the two usual storage spots and I also needed values for appliances purchased in the past few years. Home insurance policy came in the mail and I wanted Mom to consider which items ought to be covered in the policy should she wish to retain the same insurer. I think she should get a couple of other quotes plus inquire about additional coverage for things I noticed seeming absent from the policy.

I am still looking for a manual relating the to the basement heater! I have the other manuals for that room but not the heater. It's been about a year since I last saw it.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The light fixture/vent unit-I finally learned how to take the light cover off and clean it! At least I knew where to find that manual to see how to unclip the cover.
    Angela273, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

So happy with today thus far. I had my first, real Couponing Seminar (At Gateway Niagara who provide housing support for people with mental health issues). As with firsts of anything, there were a few bumps here and there to sort out, but all in all, it went rather well. The lady in charge of their Shopping Support Group who I arranged this with was very ecstatic about how it went and the residents that listened to the presentation were very engaged and interested. So I will be joining them for their "End Of Month" Group Shopping Trip on March 2nd to help out more. As well, there are plans in the works for more seminars, teaching some of the staff and at one of their other homes in Port Colborne. Was very nervous the whole time and hoping it would go well, so I am very happy and so are the people at Gateway now!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon I babysat cara today ,let her do fingerpainting (with her top off in her highchair)but she didn't care much for it ,I took her out for a little walk too .
    Today was our garbage day ,so I bring the blue boxes in the house and put them down the basement (I have no access from the house to the garage)as I don't want snow pilling on top of the items and I fell at the bottom 3 steps of my basement stairs oh my left leg is in pain ,iced it and had an Epsom salt bath just now

Supper tonight was hard boiled egg,peameal bacon something easy
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Feb 9th, 2019 at 07:02 AM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I took advantage of the cold and defrosted the freezer. It no longer has the auto defrosting feature. Amazing how much we still have on hand. We are all out of the quick and easy stuff but I really want to use up more so we will just keep trudging along. There is a lot of meat because out RCSS has the flash food app and I often get a small roast for less then 3.00. I do need some frozen veg and the boys need to make more pizza dough for the freezer.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hi all. Been a busy first part of the year.

I truly need to get back to being more careful about spending. We went a little insane since 2017 when we moved and still had the other house. Extra renos extra bills... extra ohh whatever put it on thd card if we need it or yes take care if whatever for your mom/my mom. Now we have 1 house 1 set of bills and being frugal needs to be back in order.

And i will also admit to spending more on craft supplies because it made me mad i wss being careful and soneine was buying 2 packs of smokes every two days (hes offically quitr now its been 62 days n no smoke) clothing because i lost alot of weight.... got rid of too big clothes then got put on insulin and regained 35 pounds. Soooo needed new stuff both ways.

BF is possibly going on strike with the gnwt next week. Scary feeling.

Our oldest turns 18 tomorrow but will likely be doing more grade 12 classes next year as well. Lack of motivation.... Im inclined to believe he's internet/gaming addicted.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -i slept good 12 til 6.00,mind you I iced and put heat on my leg ,I think I have a bruised bottom will be moving slow today .My daughter with her family will be coming tonight around 10.00 to sleep over as they have birthdays on his side,then sunday we will get the cousins together (my 3 grandkids love being together and my dear son misses his nefew )

I may have to wait to get groceries til I feel better and moving better-ahh life

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning Everyone @coupongirl hope you feels better as the day progresses.
    I have to go out with my DH for a few things at the groceries. We need lots of fruits and vegetables.
    The sun is out so will see if mI will walk my fur baby.
    I need to clean the floors before everyone is up.
    Have a great day all

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Chilly here this morning so not in any rush to go anywhere. Working extra hrs over the next couple of weeks helping out a family with 4 children who is between nannies-last week was 28 hrs between my grade 1 assistant position and childcare so still not full time-thankfully!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

There is a windstorm outside they were calling for snow I don’t think there is any right now. It is so windy the power jumps every 20mins and it’s gone on and off again 4 times.

Good thing for cellphones I have instant internet I mean data.

I counted all the change in my wallet and I have $10.10 in nickels, dimes and quarters. Separated them and put them in bags and labeled them with a blue sharpie.

I had allergic reaction scare last night I took benedryl before it became to bad. But even then I texted downstairs about “how can u tell when your having an allergic reaction?” The staff came up and yelled at me then belittled me in the process. Because I asked a simple question they said...”they don’t have first aid training nor medical training and the best they could do with me is a conversation or call 911.” Ridiculous how do you work in a supportive housing building and not have first aid training, on top of it belittle the person who ask the question and the person is in obvious distress and the A hole in you comes out?

I wanted to tell them “to get the F out then if you are a lazy piece of poop...” but I i was coughing insanely a lot, my throat was swollen, my eyes itchy as with my face and chest was tight. I knew it wasn’t anxiety because i had taken anxiety med at least a half an hour before. I seriously did not know what it was at all. The benedryl took effect within 25mins of this.

But no one deserves in this life to be yelled at nor. Told to “calm down your exaggerating” this is a bad response to a serious allergic reaction it’s not a joke. This is a person who fakes things through life.

My friend comes back from Victoria today. Yay! I missed her. She says has $30 for me which is cool.

I got some army pants in the mail from amazon large and long. I shoulda gotten size xl and long. I am sure it will be okay lesson learned. I also receive another amazon order a leather fedora for my friend whose coming back from Victoria.

Hopefully the water isn’t choppy for the ferry. The straight of van de fuca can be very choppy in the wind.

A couple days ago I went to shoppers I bought pillsbury pizza pockets 2 boxes of pepperoni and bacon, 8 microwaveable KD, cookies, and iTunes gift card and I got a few points. I only went for the iTunes gift card and came home with that. Yesterday at the corner store I bought G2 gateroade 2 for $3, 1L of Pepsi for $2.50, 4 things of candy for $1.

I am thinking about stocking up on candles not sure what I am buying yet I have 100 tea lights. But I have one of these they smell delicious and odor eat everything including bathroom stink. That one I bought at the local head shop
    But I seen them cheaper on Toronto hemp website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

About a day after the power outage, we had flickering lights and I took that as a hint to wrap up laundry just in case the lights went out again.

Good thing you have candles, @greentires4me ! Windstorms are not always predictable in terms of knowing if they'll knock out power or some vehicle might hit a utility pole and ground a survey in darkness.

I picked up my Well.ca order today and will give Mom the box to pile her donated items for the charity pickup next week. Received another $5 Rexall store coupon to use on next $25 purchase.

Another early morning rising for me-decided a washing load, a dryer load and a shower were must-do activities and 90 min later, my eyes drooped so I got back into bed and dozed but not slept. I feel like an invisible light switch comes on within me then I become a dimmer switch sliding back down into sleepiness. Used the rosemary shampoo bar for the first time. Seemed to work but there might be an ingredient irking my scalp-went I started my walk this morning, the back of my head and sides started to itch for minutes. This week, I realized how dry my heels have become and applied lip balm (one of my discount finds from last year) to them then put socks on. A few hours later, some relief and softness was noted.

Fortinos visit-picked up 50% off cinnamon raisin bagels because there were very few sliced loaves on the rack and I did not like the farmer's style or Italian style offerings. Found a 4pk of red bell peppers also reduced-will season them and roast them later today. Also got a long distance calling card (now at the express checkouts rather than behind the customer service desk) and some Nivea products for Mom.

Can tally so far: 50 cents this morning and 4 more cans found. Ms. Sunshine is more vivid today despite the snow clouds. Another great day for walking!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to Sdm and decided to redeem 60,000 pts for $80. Happy with my haul. Besides the usual boring stuff, toilet paper, mouth wash, laundry detergent etc i got face cream and 2 things of BB cream for me. Used a sdm gift card to pay the balance over $80 plus $6 in coupons. I also got 4 bags of smart food for kids as a treat. I decided to gas up while the sun was out. 89.9L is the price in town now.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sent oldest for the oxyclean. .. gave her 2 for her stockpile. ... i found more coupons... she will try again on monday.

hit shoppers..... had a 20x points offer, and a milk offer, also bough meds.. with a bonus point offer. 2100 points, on a 51.04 before taxes shop .. not bad at all.
    i will be going to metro tomorrow. and doing my shop there.... i dont need much .. but my local foodland has cucumbers for 2.49 ... each.. seriously.. omg. and the bananas looked like.. ick...
    not sure what i am doing for he rest of the day. prob relaxing... might binge watch some show. i have been watching Manifest. its pretty cool.
    no kids are home tonight.

might hunt around ... see if there are any coupons i want.. trading is fun!!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information